Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Can't update basic training results  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Sgt. Cold

Re: Can't update basic training results
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 07:55:51 AM »
I tried that a whole bunch of times Merlin. I am about to fire the old PC up and update Assist and try to finish doing Basic Training there. Maybe it will work now. It's been a while since I tried it on that PC.

I'll keep everyone posted on the results on all this.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 09:29:46 AM »
thanks and good luck

Offline Alex

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 14:38:25 PM »
Yeah I was playing with Assist AAO25 in 2011.....and they restored my Honor for me too.....and I never had to re basic training , at least I don't remember doing it again. But regardless, I was playing and had no troubles before the recent changes here.
You were playing with Assist in 2011? If your battletracker account was made before 2012 then you shouldn't have to do training.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 23:00:04 PM »

[/quote]
You were playing with Assist in 2011? If your battletracker account was made before 2012 then you shouldn't have to do training.

I checked. You restored my honor and I was playing Assist by January 15 or 16 2012. I didnt have to do re-basic then but seem to have now after the big updates you made. I've also done basic training for AA3 in the past.

I shouldn't have to redo it all again.

OK - I have resolved the main issues.

I got on the old pc with win 7 on it that used to hang up when doing the Obstacle Course on the part where you run along the beams and go down the scramble net. I could never get down the scramble net on the win 7 pc, so I never got to fininsh Basics.

So, I updated Assist to the new version on that PC (That took hours and hung up at one point) When finished I went back to training and was able to go down the net and finish the Obstacle Course and susequently save to jacket.

Then I logged out of Assist and closed and then fired up the new Win 8 PC ...opened up Assist there and saw that I had also finished basic training on my jacket there. So I am now able to join a server and play. So, I don't really know what the problem was caused by in the first place....but it all works now.

Do I still  need to do the rest of the training in order to uses Special Forces weapons and Sniper?     Or am I good to go? I would not be looking forward to going through that ridiculous AA2 Special Forces training again.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 01:32:08 AM »
Yes, in order to play SF you will have to complete the SF training.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »
OK but that sucks since I already did it.  Anyway just played my first real game in Hospital.  Man...what a noob I have become! I have even forgot how to see my FPS. But at least I got my adrenalin fix.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 09:20:13 AM »
Well, now it looks like I can't use my new win 8 pc to do any training on at all because it still won't save the results to Assist. I just tried to finish the jump school and it wont save results. The Win 7 pc will probably do it but it sucks so I probably wont bother with doing any more training.
Whatever is wrong is probably due to something about the new pc and I cant figure out what that is.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:48:04 AM »
I forgot ...there was one last thing I was going to try. I just did a Repair to fix something else (that worked) so I will try to do some more Basic Training and see if I can save results now. Well after I finish playing some more Bridge. I'll let you know the results.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 10:58:30 AM »
Nope...didn't work. I'll try a complete reinstall now.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
good luck - but first be sure you do delete everything from the old installation.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 17:56:43 PM »
Something is wrong with the download. Its downloading at 27 kb/s and then stopping altogether. Then says check internet connection but the connection is fine. I restart Assist and resume and then it downloads a little and stops again.  Been at it for 8 hours now.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:28:19 PM »
I turned off both AV and firewall and restarted Assist and resumed the download. Everything is downloading fine now at about 275 kb/s, so I turned the AV and firewall back on. Still downloading OK. A couple of days ago when I first installed Assist on this machine I was downloading at speeds 2 or 3 times faster.

Don't k now if I uninstalled AA2 before I began the reinstall. I clicked on "re-install" on the Assist gui figuring that Assiat would figure it out. Assist instructions said that it would delete all folder and files so I assume that means uninstall. So I clicked "OK" and then Assist deleted something.

Assist said it couldn't find the game on my machine when I clicked "Find". Kind of ambigous instructions from Assist. I couldn't find any files to direct it to either and neither could my uninstaller..

BTW.... I had the simalar slow speeds and problems with the DL when I updated Assist on the other machine yesterday. (But no problems at all several days ago on this machine)
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:35:55 PM by Sgt. Cold »

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 18:45:46 PM »
Disabled AV and restarted Assist and resumed DL. Speeds OK again.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 19:29:39 PM »
Just turned the AV back on to double check about wherether or not it was the problem and everything is going fine. So it wanst the AV or Firewall causing the problem. It seems random.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 19:51:34 PM »
?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager