Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Can't update basic training results  (Read 6513 times)

Offline Sgt. Cold

Can't update basic training results
« on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 01:12:53 AM »
Hi, old AA2.8.5 player here. I was playing here on 2.5 with you right after they stopped supporting AA2 but hadn't played in a while. Downloaded latest Assist recently on my new PC and they want me to do Basic Training all over again. ( I think that makes 3 times now) I'm using Windows 8

Anyway, there seems to be some glitch. I can't save the results from  the Obstacle Course part to my jacket. It just won't show up as updated. I've read a few other threads here where people had similar problems and tried their fixes and waited etc....except for re-installing the game. Don't wanna do that unless I really have to.
Any ideas?

For you information:
PS on my old machine Windows 7 there was a glich for me at on the Obstacle Course too and I couldn't do the climb down the net part, no matter what I tried. The first time I tried it on this Win 8 pc the same thing happened but the sunsequent times that problem at least went away.

Offline Alex

Re: Can't update basic training results
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 01:18:45 AM »
I haven't done it myself, but I hear the trick is to hit save, wait until the game tells you it can't. Hit save again and then exit the training and Assist should update it.
The in-game save doesn't work as it goes to the official auth, which doesn't exist anymore.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 02:07:54 AM »
Yeah I've already tried that several times after reading that in another thread and it hasn't worked for me. And I've tried variations of that too.

..... I retaken that obstacle course so many times now that I should be the drill instructor!

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 03:16:36 AM »
That would be really good. I'm sick of trying to qualify when I am already qualified. I had 90 honor when AA pulled the plug on us.
I started trying to get back into the game last December when AAO25 sent out the newsletter and it has taken me this long. I started playing War Thunder in despair, coz I always liked flight sims......but it still does not get my adrenalin like a good firefight in AA2 does.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 03:31:06 AM »
That's a drag. Looks like there is no way for me to play again then short of a miracle.

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 03:34:34 AM »
The only thing I can tell you is to try to reset+repair AA in the install tab and see if it fixes it. Not sure what else to do.

Petrol is a troll, and I'm not sure why you would respond with "that would be good." to a hack suggestion...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:05:54 AM »
Well I just tried and had no problems saving the training.

Both the marksmanship and obstacle course saved on the first try (even though I've had difficulties saving at earlier times).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:08:48 AM »
Well so far Petrol looks like the only one that can get me back into the game. Anyway I thought he was with you.
It looks like it may have something to do with the "Assist exe not responding" after trying to save the results. Just tried it again without a firewall and no AV.
Later I'll try repair and reinstall options. Cant do it now because I am in a stupid country with a stupid ISP with bandwdth limits.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:13:33 AM »
I sorta of doubt that the reinstall will work because I have 2 PCs with the game on it and the same thing happens on both. But I'll give it a shot later.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:15:33 AM »
It might have something to do with Windows 8. I know other people have had other kinds of problems with AA/Assist and windows 8.

If possible, maybe try it on a Windows 7 (or XP) installation?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:16:16 AM »
Well so far Petrol looks like the only one that can get me back into the game. Anyway I thought he was with you.
It looks like it may have something to do with the "Assist exe not responding" after trying to save the results. Just tried it again without a firewall and no AV.
Later I'll try repair and reinstall options. Cant do it now because I am in a stupid country with a stupid ISP with bandwdth limits.
If you have two PCs with 2 different installs and it happens on both then the odds are it's a network issue on your end. It sounds like something is blocking data from getting to the server.

Like teddy said, it could be Windows, or any other programs you have running.  I'm pretty sure Assist works on Windows 8 though.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 04:27:17 AM »
OK...The other PC has Win 7 running and this one is Win 8.
I'll kep fooling around with them both and maybe in time i'll get back on. I've been working on this since December you know. I gave up trying to finish the Obstacle course in the Win 7 PC. Just got this one recently and decidied to give it a go. All the rest of Basic I have been able to qualiy for. Its just the Obstacle course that has given me troubles.

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 06:40:13 AM »
Hi, old AA2.8.5 player here.

Not really related with the issue but could be a solution. Did you had a previously AAOtracker? If so, those created before 2012 don't need trainings done.
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 07:10:08 AM »
if you can not save the training results, just try this:
when done, press save, then wait until the error message appears. the press save again and exit.
this did work for me every time. just pressing once the save button did not work for me.

Offline Sgt. Cold

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 14, 2014, 07:52:17 AM »
Yeah I was playing with Assist AAO25 in 2011.....and they restored my Honor for me too.....and I never had to re basic training , at least I don't remember doing it again. But regardless, I was playing and had no troubles before the recent changes here.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager