Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: 2.5 wont download  (Read 3341 times)

Offline [FIRM]SKYSHARK

2.5 wont download
« on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 06:11:34 AM »
Tried to d/l 2.5 assist   extract files to desktop click on assist icon start  download never gets past step one says lost internet connection click on resume download same message  have deleted folder in app section and still wont d/l tried with and without firewall and anti virus running and still no  game anyone got any suggestions ?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: 2.5 wont download
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 10, 2014, 13:20:40 PM »
Assuming it's Windows, give this a go:
http://americasarmy.filefront.com/file/AASF_Direct_Action_v25_Full_Install;48676

Install it and then tell Assist where you installed it to, once it copies the files over, you're free to uninstall AA 2.5.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [FIRM]SKYSHARK

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 00:53:04 AM »
nope not working it finds it in pro x86 files window comes finds file location copys a few files and shuts down and says cant find a copy of game  look for it  again  and same thing  could it be because I have aa:pg  installed also ?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 00:54:57 AM by [FIRM]SKYSHARK »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 02:30:57 AM »
Hello,

I have from scratch just done all this, and I felt like a newbie, so long since I had done an install like this.

I downloaded AA2.5 from a trusted site, installed it c:\aa25 , tried to play but could not.
Did the poking around on -ACI- and found Assist mentioned.
Downloaded it to c:\downloads\assist and installed from there, ran it as ADMINISTRATOR.
As the AA2.5 was not in standard folder, pointed Assist to the folder.
Assist then did some stuff too fast for me to keep up with, then updated 310 game files.
I then went through all the other stuff updated it, although Assist did seem to hang a couple of times, I left it for 5 mins then closed it and restarted it.

This worked, might be you need to run Assist as ADMINISTRATOR the first time. Right click and run as Administrator.

Steve

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 10:36:15 AM »
could it be because I have aa:pg  installed also ?

Nope I have aapg , assist doesn't interfer with aapg,

Hope to see u in game, been.long azz time shark

Offline [FIRM]SKYSHARK

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 16:11:37 PM »
nope still not working tried everything I know and never gets past step 1 I even took all the aa2.5 folders and put them in assist folder and still nothing even when I install to prog files x 86 it still says "cant find aa on your computer  so I search manually and click on the file  still wont set up past step 1 says internet connection lost check connection and try again :banned:< feel like this guy

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 16:29:51 PM »
Can you try with a different Internet connection or Use a Proxy program to see if it goes beyond Step 1?
-
Assist scan some of the game files when it starts, that's why it hangs sometimes (1st Scan takes more time).
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 16:32:39 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline [FIRM]SKYSHARK

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 22:59:34 PM »
I don't know it can't be on my end cause I download stuff all the time and never have a problem and it always happens at the same place. it says im online cause the green light  is on next to my name so im logged in and online  even tried to download off a mirror site thought maybe the  file was bad but same result im gonna try to dl it off another computer and transfer to a flash drive see if that works

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 23:09:15 PM »
I don't know it can't be on my end cause I download stuff all the time and never have a problem and it always happens at the same place. it says im online cause the green light  is on next to my name so im logged in and online  even tried to download off a mirror site thought maybe the  file was bad but same result im gonna try to dl it off another computer and transfer to a flash drive see if that works
I understand your frustration, but it has to be something on your end because it has worked for countless other people. So it always just says you lost connection? It seems like something on your PC is blocking assist from downloading stuff to your PC. Could it possibly be your firewall or an anti-virus program?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager