Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [LoB].Legio.jr account activation  (Read 8122 times)

Offline [LoB].Legio.CPT

[LoB].Legio.jr account activation
« on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 03:33:52 AM »
Hi Admins,

Last night I was setting up an account for my son.

In picking the account name, I made him "member" of my old clan Legion of Brothers and since he is jr., I picked the extention jr. to complete his account name.

This morning I noticed you refused the account, and I understand you regarded it as a second account.

However, this is and will not be the case.

I have only ever used 1 single account ( [LoB].Legio.CPT ) and the account I am trying to set up is for my sons' use.

Can you guys reconsider?

Obviously, two players will play coming from the same IP-address and obviously they will be having similar account- and player names, but apart from sharing 50% of our genetic material, we are two physically different persons :-)

Thanks for your reply,

Cheers,

[LoB].Legio.CPT

Offline JunK

Re: [LoB].Legio.jr account activation
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 14:02:49 PM »
1 account for 1 pc, that's are the rules.

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 14:03:50 PM »
I personally don't like this rule, but I don't make the rules. I feel like exceptions should be made in these cases.

Offline [LoB].Legio.CPT

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 14:56:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies, guys.
Thing is, I have played aa25 from several pc's for years (I have more than one MAC-address. We would be playing on several  pc's, but there's no way we could have different IP-addresses, living in the same house...

The one thing I am trying to avoid here, is him having to play under my account, which does not seem to be right to me...

Thanks,

Legio

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:00:48 PM »
let the kid play, there are players here with 3 accs

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:34:43 PM »
I personally don't like this rule, but I don't make the rules. I feel like exceptions should be made in these cases.

Maybe you should suggest a consideration about a new rule? ;)

Personally there shouldn't be any exceptions. Previous situations were based on the same headline as a no but if we did make exception for this one, we should re consider the previous one's as well.

I personally would agree to change, 2 accounts per computer.

Offline [LoB].Legio.CPT

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 15:42:31 PM »
I was wondering, this must be about 1-2 years ago, didn't we have a Twikki on aa25 (admin on DNAF server - I am still a player admin there) and a Twikki jr.?

Did that cause issues?

Or is it that we -and I wholeheartedly support that!- seek to get rid of those that tend to bend or break the rules in-game and those that make a mess out of things?

Cheers,

Legio

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:25:03 PM »
I was wondering, this must be about 1-2 years ago, didn't we have a Twikki on aa25 (admin on DNAF server - I am still a player admin there) and a Twikki jr.?

Did that cause issues?

Or is it that we -and I wholeheartedly support that!- seek to get rid of those that tend to bend or break the rules in-game and those that make a mess out of things?

Cheers,

Legio
The thing with the Twikki's is that they have activated their accounts before Assist took over ;)

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:28:49 PM »
No one cares if you want to play with your kid.

The RULE is the RULE: 1 acnt only.

Go away crying on another forum.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:47:18 PM »

He's not crying, he's addressing something that loads of others have adressed as well. And everybody can see that he has a point, just like the people before him. But it's the last resort the admins had to do in order to prevent cheating.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:48:52 PM »
He's not crying, he's addressing something that loads of others have adressed as well. And everybody can see that he has a point, just like the people before him. But it's the last resort the admins had to do in order to prevent cheating.

No he has not a point. We have to protect against haxors and glitchers. Don't you remember that?

Not so long ago, we had a haxor fest here...

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 19:59:36 PM »
No he has not a point. We have to protect against haxors and glitchers. Don't you remember that?

Not so long ago, we had a haxor fest here...
I certainly remember that, but I also think that you shouldn't just always nod your head and say yes. If plenty of people adress this as a problem, I think this should be considered as a problem. Even more, I know it's considered as an issue which causes controversy among the forum. The only thing about it is that at the moment it's the best option we have, when there's a better one I highly doubt that this policy wouldn't be replaced or removed.

Offline testerKB

• Bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 20:22:07 PM »
I certainly remember that, but I also think that you shouldn't just always nod your head and say yes. If plenty of people adress this as a problem, I think this should be considered as a problem. Even more, I know it's considered as an issue which causes controversy among the forum. The only thing about it is that at the moment it's the best option we have, when there's a better one I highly doubt that this policy wouldn't be replaced or removed.

It looks like you forgot what was happening here. If you remove the 1 accnt rule you will open the PANDORA BOX.

Who cares about some daddies that are idiot enough to play with their young kids. Pff...

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 20:23:17 PM »
It looks like you forgot what was happening here. If you remove the 1 accnt rule you will open the PANDORA BOX.

Who cares about some daddies that are idiot enough to play with their your kids. Pff...
Reading half of my posts is really helping. I'm not saying to throw it away, I'm saying that when there's a better alternative I suppose and propose to throw the rule away.
Do I sense some daddy issues in that post btw?

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 11, 2014, 21:05:23 PM »

is that a reason too be a complete asshole????

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager