Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Worst case scenario  (Read 10896 times)

Offline Mr.Green

Worst case scenario
« on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 00:01:25 AM »
Lets say worst case scenario, this game completely dies soon again. What can we replace it with? I mean i love this community that we build here and i think we should stick together no matter what. We've been playing this game for a long time and we are "The last of a dying breed" so i think it would be a great thing for us to remain a united community no matter what happens to the game. So what other game can we replace this with?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Worst case scenario
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 00:55:12 AM »
It's a good question.

I've seen a big part of AA2 die before (even before the official auth was shut down in late 2011). People will move on. The somewhat sad part is that in new games, different people want different things. There are always attempts on keeping teams (clans) together in another game and it might even work for part of the team, but not everybody.

As for what would be a natural transition from AA, I really don't know. I've heard both good and bad things about AAPG. I've also heard good things about Insurgency. I've not played either too much myself and so I would know which to choose. Plus, there could be yet another and even better option as well.

But on a more positive note, as long as we've got people here, the game will live on, at least at the current time.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 02:19:23 AM »
There isn't exactly a game that could replace this one...you could play Insurgency, AAPG or maybe Arma 3 (if your pc meets the specs) and you would probably find something you like in each of em, but they're not the same thing.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 02:24:37 AM »
There isn't exactly a game that could replace this one...you could play Insurgency, AAPG or maybe Arma 3 (if your pc meets the specs) and you would probably find something you like in each of em, but they're not the same thing.
pfft.... let's just keep this one alive shall we

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 02:38:16 AM »
Ok what i see..
1- like i say to some players this game no need clans(yeah i know I am on clan).
2- nevver understand this game dieing but clan fights steel here.. why we need that? We need play all together and stop fight...
3- rpg on hospital realy sucks... ( i know i use it too) but for noob players this gun dont help feeling  happy at that map.. some part of players puting behin rpg for make other roe kick and etc..
4- some part of players want always show who is the boss and etc.. bans for eny good reason andt etc.. I think the good reason for ban is team killing or very hard bad lenguage..
5- Team speak? Sucks too some clans doing nice game with ts .. covering each other and etc( hard to explain this point what i mean. English bad)
6- bad acctitude of some part of players dont want to put names her but who playing this game knows
And etc etc

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 03:07:41 AM »
5- Team speak? Sucks too some clans doing nice game with ts .. covering each other and etc( hard to explain this point what i mean. English bad)
Just let me point out: you can join their someone else's TS channel to listen what their chatting about. Unless it isn't open, and by then maybe I would be wondering aswell...

« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 03:11:02 AM by Koden »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 03:31:16 AM »
Ok what i see..
1- like i say to some players this game no need clans(yeah i know I am on clan).
2- nevver understand this game dieing but clan fights steel here.. why we need that? We need play all together and stop fight...
3- rpg on hospital realy sucks... ( i know i use it too) but for noob players this gun dont help feeling  happy at that map.. some part of players puting behin rpg for make other roe kick and etc..
4- some part of players want always show who is the boss and etc.. bans for eny good reason andt etc.. I think the good reason for ban is team killing or very hard bad lenguage..
6- bad acctitude of some part of players dont want to put names her but who playing this game knows
And etc etc

So you are against clans, teamwork and teamspeak because they make it too hard for others to compete. Isn't the purpose of the game to have fun and eventually kill the most enemies ? This isexactly hat a clan can give you.

Also a game shouldn't be dependent of a single weapon on a single map (RPG on Hospital shouldn't have such an influence on the game)

You're right about the drama though, but this is hat makes this game so particular too, we love and hate eachother at the same time :D

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 03:41:55 AM »
It was just my opinion dont do drama agai.. ok? I dont meean about ghosting... for exemple you are on west wing.. 3 seke guys playing together.. and they how a clan do all good. 1 come from 1 side 2  from other and get you too easy. nice team work. If they play like independent players it woould be hard for all cach each other.. maybe you understans me.. but i am not speaking in particular about seke.. it was just a.good exeple

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 03:54:44 AM »
It was just my opinion dont do drama agai.. ok? I dont meean about ghosting... for exemple you are on west wing.. 3 seke guys playing together.. and they how a clan do all good. 1 come from 1 side 2  from other and get you too easy. nice team work. If they play like independent players it woould be hard for all cach each other.. maybe you understans me.. but i am not speaking in particular about seke.. it was just a.good exeple
Lol, its not exactly well written but I get your point, a funny one...so basically you mean they would make for a more "friendly" gameplay by playing as a set of independent players? As in, not playing as a team? It is a rather funny idea :P unless you mean they're stacking against other players to get an easier win...

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 04:03:43 AM »
It was just my opinion dont do drama agai.. ok?

And this was just mine.

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 04:11:39 AM »
Hmm how should I take this.. Thanks I guess? Yea we play together, always try to be in same team together, talk shit together, are drunk together etc...

But you're speaking in general, that's what people in ts can do. Using ts doesn't automatically mean ghosting, like you stated you're not even talking about that matter. In same team if it's reported that enemy is in west wing behind the desk ( or if you know Adi is playing and he wasn't at ambush spwan, then he's there at west wing ;) ) you can kind of surround him from both ways. It's teamwork which makes this game more interesting than playing it alone, you can discuss about various kind of stuff, you make new friends etc. This is why people should use more ts imo

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 06:17:44 AM »
Voras I never played the game for six weeks due to a clot in both lungs which came from my leg. And the knee was smashed at indoor football. First game back you verbally attacked me. Hypocrite make any sense to you?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 06:45:52 AM »
Well Vegeta I am sorri but you attac others I attac you.. why you can attac others and others cant do it to you.. you the bigest team killeer what i see in this game.. and you join to server not for play.. only for do shit.. so maybe if you begin be nice guy other do the same with you???

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 06:55:48 AM »
Can you guys please leave personal arguments between you or against a specific player out of this thread? Green started it to talk about the "worst case scenario", not just about community issues.

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 07:09:26 AM »
Hmm Koden this guy killing the servers with Tk and he always speak shit?so you baning pit but this guy who make servers emtys  and can do what he want steel here? Lol

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager