Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The Flu 2013  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Rapture

The Flu 2013
« on: Friday, December 27, 2013, 22:45:38 PM »
Hey guys. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone. Please be on the lookout for the symptoms of flu this year. Influenza A is beginning to be a massive hit in Texas right now. It's not being publicized, but a new strand called H3N1 is spreading across Texas atm. This is mutated version of H1N1 is even more destructive and transmitted easier than previous Influenza Strains. Guys im serious in saying if this or any kind of Influenza starts making news where you live (yeah they still call it just the regular Influenza) to start protecting yourself.

You can always head to the cdc website at http://www.cdc.gov/ for more information on how to protect yourself. Although noone can say what is a definate way to do so, there are some steps that can help you from contracting this years season of Flu. Now im not over reacting. You can say i am but guys understand the seriousness in this. Last year 25% of the earths population (52 million people) was infected by the flu, and at that the flu that was not of the mutated form. This new mutated version of it is getting ready to hit hard. Also for a FYI i just got news that my aunt passed away about 45 mins ago from this (shes been on a ventilator for 3 days) and i have a step dad who is in ICU for 2 days for the same thing. It's coming hard so be ready.

As for the steps im taking. Pretty simple steps to help in the protection. Surgical Masks and Hand Sanitizer. This is just steps im taking to help protect myself and my family from this. This is just a heads up guys, this new flu virus is going hard.

https://www.google.com/#q=flu+in+texas

Offline NinjaMafia

Re: The Flu 2013
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 00:18:38 AM »
Thanks Rap, good to know :)

Offline Rapture

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 00:23:52 AM »
np bro, just trying to look out for the community.  Stay safe guys cause its about time for the SHTF.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 00:26:11 AM »
This is good timing with the free Left 4 Dead 2 download from Steam. Now I know how to defend myself from those that are infected.

Seriously though, I haven't had a flu shot in probably over a decade. I did get the flu last year because I'm coming into contact with more and more people as my business builds. Might order me a box of surgical masks online just in case before they sell out.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »
Might order me a box of surgical masks online just in case before they sell out.

I have tons of them, had to wear them all the time.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 06:14:25 AM »
Would you say it's worse than the bird flu (H5N1) that was portrayed as a huge problem in the media a few years ago?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Rapture

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:46:52 AM »
im njot a expert but i think that this may become more serious than H5N1.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:18:28 PM »
Well all I know of H5N1 is that it was a huge media thing while the regular flu (maybe more than one strain, of course), caused more damage, both in deaths and illnesses (from the information that was given at the time, at lest).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Rapture

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:26:59 PM »
so i did some research and found that the H3N1 isnt really new but in the case of humans being affected by it is. But i see conflicting information about it as though they are unsure about it. But regardless its considered to be apart of Influenza A

Offline Mixk

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 16:15:36 PM »
Don't sound good. I haven't been sick in 10 plus years from the flu and don't want it. Spray foamed inside all walls, the roof and floors. Stocked up on enough food till may. Have installed 3/4 inch glass in all windows and a self contained internal air recycler in the house and put a spring gun at all doors just incase someone trys to enter.  :makemyday: :makemyday:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Rapture

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 16:44:22 PM »
lol

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager