Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Random discussion thread.  (Read 25008 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Random discussion thread.
« Reply #195 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 23:35:27 PM »
why do I have to loose time helping you? :)

Definitely Christ-like. Definitely.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #196 on: Thursday, April 17, 2014, 23:43:56 PM »
Definitely Christ-like. Definitely.
Definitely neo-atheist. Thought you could do better than this.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #197 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 02:06:48 AM »
Hello,

If the existence of god in any form could be proved, I think the world would be a changed place.

If the non-existence of god in any form could be proved, I think the world would be a changed place.

Their would be less death and destruction if either were true.

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #198 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 02:14:28 AM »
Hello,

If the existence of god in any form could be proved, I think the world would be a changed place.

If the non-existence of god in any form could be proved, I think the world would be a changed place.

Their would be less death and destruction if either were true.

Steve

That's a bit of a fallacy. There is no possible way to prove that something doesn't exist.
I cannot prove that there isn't an invisible ghost pony that follows me around everywhere. It is literally impossible to disprove regardless of how absurd it sounds, just like god. How can you possibly disprove a magical man in the sky? You can't.

In order for society to move forward, we need to only believe in things that can be proven, not things that cannot be disproved.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #199 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 03:25:57 AM »
Hello,

Time to work for the god squad . . . . I know.

There is no possible way at the moment. As man improves his knowledge and understanding things change.

I can show you how people perceive things change, god becomes a witch and then a hero.

Picture the setting, a nice day walking along a river bank. You see a small child fall in and it drowns before you can rescue it. But you take it to the shore and give it mouth to mouth, hey presto the child lives. This makes you a hero today.

Same scene but 2,000 years ago, everything happens the same, but the people now think you are a god because you can breath life in to a dead child.

Same scene, but only 500 years ago, the people that witness your actions think you are a witch.

This is the same act but interpreted differently, what is not too say that other things have been "twisted" over time.

So god could exist, but not as we now understand, as the truth is not always as it seems.

Steve

Offline Alex

« Reply #200 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 04:15:48 AM »
Hello,

Time to work for the god squad . . . . I know.

There is no possible way at the moment. As man improves his knowledge and understanding things change.

I can show you how people perceive things change, god becomes a witch and then a hero.

Picture the setting, a nice day walking along a river bank. You see a small child fall in and it drowns before you can rescue it. But you take it to the shore and give it mouth to mouth, hey presto the child lives. This makes you a hero today.

Same scene but 2,000 years ago, everything happens the same, but the people now think you are a god because you can breath life in to a dead child.

Same scene, but only 500 years ago, the people that witness your actions think you are a witch.

This is the same act but interpreted differently, what is not too say that other things have been "twisted" over time.

So god could exist, but not as we now understand, as the truth is not always as it seems.

Steve

That doesn't seem to address what I was talking about. Yes, popular opinion will change with the times. However, it will still be impossible to disprove god, or anything for that matter, regardless of how many people believe in a god. You simply cannot prove that something doesn't exist. It's a backwards way of thinking. That was my only point. I get what you're saying though.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #201 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 04:43:26 AM »
Even when looking without the "religious" perspective, your point looks really strange Steve, you're comparing different things at different times.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #202 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 05:07:40 AM »
Hello,

Even when looking without the "religious" perspective, your point looks really strange Steve, you're comparing different things at different times.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

The "mouth too mouth" example shows how the same act ( today, 500 and 2,000 years ago ) is interpreted by the knowledge of the day. This is not "popular opinion" this is knowledge.

Who says that we can't know god through knowledge.

Steve

Offline zoxee

« Reply #203 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 07:39:42 AM »
In order for society to move forward, we need to only believe in things that can be proven, not things that cannot be disproved.

Wise words...
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #204 on: Friday, April 18, 2014, 16:17:58 PM »
Definitely neo-atheist. Thought you could do better than this.

I'd be offended if this wasn't a term coined by christians to demonize other people. That in itself is laughable.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager