Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Free steam keys  (Read 7375 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Free steam keys
« on: Thursday, May 22, 2014, 20:09:59 PM »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Free steam keys
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 23, 2014, 15:09:36 PM »

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 17:57:28 PM »
Nice game to be made free, already have it though =(

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 16:07:58 PM »
Eletronic Arts must be somewhat desperate or crazy to give away free keys for BF3. Anyway, it's not worth the hype imho. The single player campaign was so useless.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 23:28:32 PM »
And to think I paid for it and still haven't played it -_-

I really hate big companies that charge insane rates for games, letting players buy before the game is out and getting special access to a game that isn't even finished. Then, they give it away for free or a cheap price when the next one comes out just to squeeze a little more $$ out of it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 29, 2014, 23:33:59 PM »
And to think I paid for it and still haven't played it -_-

I really hate big companies that charge insane rates for games, letting players buy before the game is out and getting special access to a game that isn't even finished. Then, they give it away for free or a cheap price when the next one comes out just to squeeze a little more $$ out of it.
I don't see the problem in lowing the price of a game when a newer addition comes out. That's how almost every other consumer product in the world works.
Also, the early access stuff is for consumers to decide to buy into. Nobody is forcing them and it's not like the developers are advertising them games as full games. Consumers have some responsibility in what they buy, you can't just blame the companies.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #7 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 01:08:39 AM »
I don't see the problem in lowing the price of a game when a newer addition comes out. That's how almost every other consumer product in the world works.
Also, the early access stuff is for consumers to decide to buy into. Nobody is forcing them and it's not like the developers are advertising them games as full games. Consumers have some responsibility in what they buy, you can't just blame the companies.
You can blame Spanky, though ;)

I don't have steam, to be honest.
I once downloaded it to see what AAPG looks like, but uninstalled it once I found out my laptop couldn't really handle it.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 01:42:33 AM »
Killa, consumers are stupid :)

EA/DICE needs to fine-tune their games more. You know I'm a perfectionist. I'd love to see them take Frostbite and build a modular game that they constantly update. Don't re-invent the wheel each game. Build something and refine it with community feedback rather than pushing out game after game with full retail pricing and expensive add-ons just to rake in a profit.

But... I'm not a dev, what do I know? :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 03:12:52 AM »

EA/DICE needs to fine-tune their games more. You know I'm a perfectionist. I'd love to see them take Frostbite and build a modular game that they constantly update. Don't re-invent the wheel each game. Build something and refine it with community feedback rather than pushing out game after game with full retail pricing and expensive add-ons just to rake in a profit.

I agree that DICE needs to work more on refining their games (BF4 is still a mess), but you gotta remember that it's a business at the end of the day. If they don't make money, they'll go under.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 16:33:35 PM »

I guess they develop games around consoles, which is a common practice. I played L.A. Noire (from Rockstar), the game engine must be similar to the GTA series, the game runs quite horrible on pc and it's even capped at 30fps i believe.

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 17:03:50 PM »
Hello,

ALL and I mean ALL developers need to make the software cheat proof and finished before they release it.

All you old timers will remember the cheat software that overlayed a cross hair on the screen, well now you can buy a monitor that has a built in cross hair. Why, because the software developers can't code one into the game correctly for 3D.

I still love Novalogic games.

Steve

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 19:12:25 PM »

I still love Novalogic games.

Steve

I didn't know Novalogic is still alive. I might still have a copy of Comanche 4 somewhere at home, awesome sim.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 30, 2014, 22:26:52 PM »
I guess they develop games around consoles, which is a common practice. I played L.A. Noire (from Rockstar), the game engine must be similar to the GTA series, the game runs quite horrible on pc and it's even capped at 30fps i believe.
While that's true for many developers and games (especially Rockstar), it's not for DICE and Battlefield. They built the game for the PC and adapt the console versions around it. However, that doesn't mean that it's not a buggy unbalanced mess, because BF4 certainly is. However, that does mean it runs extremely well and look pretty damn good graphics wise.

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 01, 2014, 00:00:39 AM »
EA/Dice went from 80+ registered server providers for BF3 down to 14 RSP's for BF4. They are ruining the market for the other hosting companies involved making it more of a monopoly.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager