Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: ERROR: Timeout while waiting for reply from authorization system  (Read 5340 times)

Offline SF_Commando_Elite

ERROR: Timeout while waiting for reply from authorization system
« on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 11:58:43 AM »
Hi,

I never had any trouble with AA. Just played a few hours yesterday.

Today, all of a sudden I'm unable to connect. When I start assist, I get the error:

"ERROR: Timeout while waiting for reply from authorization system, Please try again later"

I've restarted my router, turned off windows firewall, even changed my battletracker password and removed underscores from my AAO playername (even though it was never a problem)...still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Offline SF_Commando_Elite

Re: ERROR: Timeout while waiting for reply from authorization system
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:09:47 PM »
Ok just saw shoutbox, looks like auth is down, this sux i need my aa fix lol

Offline Mixk

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:09:53 PM »
Isn't you, no one can currently join assist. Auth is down. Those that are playing now were already logged in when auth went down.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline SamDaMan

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
........why has assist been crashing so much?  :rtfm:

Offline Neptune!

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:35:50 PM »
ye doesnt work  :banned:

Offline augustian

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
 :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :cool: :cool: :? :? :makemyday: :makemyday: :(man its fucked up, not working for me too!!

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 12:56:40 PM »
same for me - no login possible

Offline SamDaMan

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 13:23:57 PM »
And why can't they at least TELL us why....or when/if they expect/hope it to be back up.......? Just a "doing maintenance may take 5 hours or more" or "Assist committed suicide internally and you will all die from withdrawals from AA" or at least "we don't know when it wil be back up".  I'd settle for "Hi, all of you taking time to post on our forum. just wanted to say we hear you and are doing all we can to have auth back up and running as soon as possible.". :? I love you guys for giving us this game back, but please communicate a little so we know whats up.

Very loyalplayerly (and respectfully) yours,

-Sam
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 13:41:23 PM by SamDaMan »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 14:18:09 PM »
It's back now, have fun

Offline SamDaMan

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 14:26:21 PM »
Because you ppl don't pay enough donations to support writing high quality code.

Just look at the status: we are $40 below goal and it's only few days left!

DONATE!

In hindsight, that is kind of an angry smiley, didn't intend that to be the tone of the message.  Thanks for getting us back up.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 24, 2014, 23:03:54 PM »
And why can't they at least TELL us why....or when/if they expect/hope it to be back up.......? Just a "doing maintenance may take 5 hours or more"

Planned downtime is always announced. But, shit happens.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #11 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 00:59:10 AM »
In hindsight, that is kind of an angry smiley, didn't intend that to be the tone of the message.  Thanks for getting us back up.
Ignore that guy, he's a troll (and known caught hacker) and is now banned.
The truth is that when there's unscheduled downtime, most of us know exactly as much as you do. As in, it's not working, and that's it. There's not much we can do.

I'd also like you to please remember that our entire staff is completely voluntary. We don't make any money doing this and we do have lives outside of AAO25. We're not all that fast to react to stuff, but this game is completely free so it's frustrating getting criticized when we do all that we can, even when the situation is out of our control.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 10:59:06 AM »
Killaman i and the most here appreciate what you and the administration does for this game/assist.
Sadly not a lot of people know that u guys do this voluntary, so that's something you should ignore.  And i hope that you and the rest don't stop doing what you do all this time!
Offcourse there is downtime, but hey you said it allready... you guys have a normal life also! So instead of beeing patient... no they instantly start crying/moaning. But that's sadly how it works...

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: Friday, April 25, 2014, 11:35:23 AM by bollie »

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday, April 25, 2014, 13:28:49 PM »
Real life is more important then this game, if people here can't understand that , then fuck them we dont need them here

I for one appreciate all that assist has done to keep this game alive

Offline SamDaMan

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 26, 2014, 01:44:56 AM »
Ignore that guy, he's a troll (and known caught hacker) and is now banned.
The truth is that when there's unscheduled downtime, most of us know exactly as much as you do. As in, it's not working, and that's it. There's not much we can do.

Who, exactly is a troll or hacker that is banned?

[quote I'd also like you to please remember that our entire staff is completely voluntary. We don't make any money doing this and we do have lives outside of AAO25. We're not all that fast to react to stuff, but this game is completely free so it's frustrating getting criticized when we do all that we can, even when the situation is out of our control.[/quote]

Excellent explanation, and I thank you for it. We SOO appreciate your efforts.  i hope you understand our part in wanting to play your great FREE lol game so badly. And I  again apologize if I seem, or have seemed, ungrateful.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager