Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Account activation  (Read 3024 times)

Offline WraShadow

Account activation
« on: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 13:44:09 PM »
Hi there.

I'd like to request activation for diogo.weed for my idiot friend doesnt know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

disclaimer: he already had an account (Bobby$hmurda) but doesnt remember email or password 
:sign_wtf:
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2017, 13:48:43 PM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Account activation
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 00:36:36 AM »
We have a rule that we don't activate account on computers that already have an active account.
The new account you're talking about has already an active account:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/805286/

The account:
http://battletracker.com/playerstats/aao/872529/
Was last used a week ago and he managed to forget the password?

If that is indeed the case (which can be if he's been logging in automatically), he'd need to try and activate a new  account on his PC.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 01:41:52 AM »
Yeah, that's one of my active accounts.

Yeah, I asked the same, after I facepalm'd. After he said the login fields were magically cleaned off of the assist software and he didnt know which email was or anything else I asked, I think I got brain damaged for facepalming so much.

btw, still think that rule is stupid. We used to be 3 brothers playing in the same house (this one character is not my brother). By chance we have plenty active accounts otherwise, if we wanted, we couldnt play together.

For the sake of clarity, he says he doesnt remember because he created just to use it for AA and didnt think he needed it anymore. I was going to ask on battle tracker but admins have not logged on since July.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 03:05:30 AM »
Yeah, that's one of my active accounts.

Yeah, I asked the same, after I facepalm'd. After he said the login fields were magically cleaned off of the assist software and he didnt know which email was or anything else I asked, I think I got brain damaged for facepalming so much.

btw, still think that rule is stupid. We used to be 3 brothers playing in the same house (this one character is not my brother). By chance we have plenty active accounts otherwise, if we wanted, we couldnt play together.

For the sake of clarity, he says he doesnt remember because he created just to use it for AA and didnt think he needed it anymore. I was going to ask on battle tracker but admins have not logged on since July.
The email he uses for his account is:
[email protected]

BT admins? As far as I know there only ever was one and his last post is in 24.10.2014

I'll reiterate the rule:
We don't activate accounts for people who have an account already. If many accounts already exist, they can be used on the same PC. This rule is in place for us to have at least some limitation of accounts when we ban someone for cheating and to make it a little bit more difficult for cheaters to evade their ban with another account.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 07:35:32 AM »
Last activity: http://battletracker.com/forum/index.php?page=Team

The rule still doesnt make much sense. I could have only one account and my brother who's 10y younger than me could just want to start to play right now therefore making it impossible to play together - or on his own account, on his own conduct.

I contacted nicely with a request and I understand you think its right and works but that's not the case at all. I told him the email. Considering how unprepared he is, I doubt he can do much with the information, but thank you. Either way, its really easy to get around that imposed rule - if needed - so its only a matter of time.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:15:36 AM »
Last activity: http://battletracker.com/forum/index.php?page=Team

The rule still doesnt make much sense. I could have only one account and my brother who's 10y younger than me could just want to start to play right now therefore making it impossible to play together - or on his own account, on his own conduct.

I contacted nicely with a request and I understand you think its right and works but that's not the case at all. I told him the email. Considering how unprepared he is, I doubt he can do much with the information, but thank you. Either way, its really easy to get around that imposed rule - if needed - so its only a matter of time.
I gave you the email since you said he didn't remember it. If he still has a problem accessing his account, I'll be more than happy to activate a new one for him if one is requested on his side of things.

As for the BT thing, Global Moderator is not an admin. Frankof is the only mod there that I know of that actually posts every now and then and he's said it time and time again there's not much he can do other than inform people of the email they've used.
A quote from Frankof from July as well:
http://battletracker.com/forum/general/battletracker-support/p2730629-account-problem-can-t-do-anything-when-i-login/#post2730629
Quote from: 'frankof'
No, you need to start reading the replys, the answer is always the same, i cant reset the password, if you lost your mail, you also lost your tracker account.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 22, 2017, 10:20:58 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 15:37:15 PM »
Thank you.

Surprisingly enough, he was able to get a new password with the email you gave.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 22, 2017, 23:23:17 PM »
Thank you.

Surprisingly enough, he was able to get a new password with the email you gave.
Glad everything worked out! :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager