Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Starting the server  (Read 3786 times)

Offline RickAKAspud

Starting the server
« on: Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 08:18:50 AM »
Hi all,

Just like to start by saying how much i missed this game. Started playing when i was around 13/14 and now i'm 28 :o (Old i know)

Thought I'd start my own server up on my Linux box. Everything is going well apart from every time i start the server it starts with Insurgent_Camp but iv set my maps in the config to:

map=SFhospital.aao
map=SFextraction.aao
enablecycling=1
cyclematches=3
forcecycle=0
forceminutes=60

Even if i start my server with the command: "./server-bin GLOBAL bridge" it still runs the camp map.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work.

:style:

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Starting the server
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
Welcome back! :)

I'll start by saying I've not dabbled with game servers myself so I will probably not know most of the intricate details.

However, since I felt I'd heard of the problem before, I used the search function on this forum and found this:http://aao25.com/forum/server-support/reset-server-on-the-wrong-map-thanks-for-your-help!/msg104715/#msg104715

It might be that you're using the default .ini while you should be using aa25.ini

If that's not it, you'll have to wait for someone who's actually run a server on this game.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline RickAKAspud

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »
Thanks Teddy,

I think maplaunch=sfhospital might be the key here. Ill try it when i get back to my desk and update everyone how i got on.

Thanks again

Rick

Offline RickAKAspud

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 16, 2017, 10:22:42 AM »
All Sorted!!  :D

Thanks for your help!

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2017, 13:53:08 PM »
Glad to hear it and most welcome.

Was going to say can also change the start up file in the commandline or startup .batch file.

Enjoy!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager