Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server on same internet connection as clients  (Read 9226 times)

Offline telvenes

Server on same internet connection as clients
« on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 08:10:46 AM »
Hi,

I installed my server following this guide http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/Data/LReadme.txt
my server reporting: AuthOK 79.161.225.226 and is working perfect outside my homenetwork.

The first problem i had was this message: No record of this server on the Assist Master Server, Cannot Authorise, Please try a different server

To fix this i activated Pure-Nat loopback inside my pfsense firewall. But now once again i saddenly get this message again.

anyone have a suggestion how to fix this on my local lan so i dont have to order a second internet line?

Offline telvenes

Re: Server on same internet connection as clients
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »
might be a issue to pfsense?

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 08:25:47 AM »
Same has happened for players connecting from different network:
http://aao25.com/forum/support/'no-record-of-this-game-server'/

Check if this one helps: http://aao25.com/forum/support/cant-connect-to-my-localhost-server/

Otherwise Im quite sure Pipezor can help you. Merlin would also know what the issue is but he's not reading forum and I don't remember his email

Offline telvenes

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
I think this is relaed firewall not army server.

Btw anyone running their army server on vmware?

And a strange thing is if i click my server in assist it shows 1000 in ping, weard since it is a 24core and 200gb ram vmware. and my internet is 1000mbit

Offline telvenes

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »
users have arround 10 in ping when joined. but in assist is 1000?

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 09:55:32 AM »
well for me that error comes when I try to join high ping servers, while I joined your server my ping was surprisingly good, or it was 250 + 40 lol

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 18:23:04 PM »
What is that computer that you have that you can put such resources for vmware?

Anyway check your vmware virtual network settings that it surely uses your nat, and multihome settings in servers ini file if needed (dunno if vmware virtual network adapter is counted as second network adapter)

Also OS firewall on both, host and vmware.

Offline telvenes

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 18:31:45 PM »
well for me that error comes when I try to join high ping servers, while I joined your server my ping was surprisingly good, or it was 250 + 40 lol

where do you see that, when i look on myself while i am logged in at the server my ping is only 5 or something. Is my server high ping? Can u look again, mabey you checked when i was testing earlier this morning?
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 18:35:48 PM by telvenes »

Offline telvenes

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 18:33:49 PM »
What is that computer that you have that you can put such resources for vmware?

Anyway check your vmware virtual network settings that it surely uses your nat, and multihome settings in servers ini file if needed (dunno if vmware virtual network adapter is counted as second network adapter)

Also OS firewall on both, host and vmware.

machine is a DELL server
i run esxi6 and there is no firewall on vmware, or host witch is ubuntu, is this answer ping related? becouse i beleave that i have fixed the joining problems now.

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 04, 2016, 19:12:55 PM »
The answer was joining related, but good that you fixed it. That ping thing is new for me, if for others it work well. What if you ping/trace route the server from host/whatever you use to check the ping, does it give normal ping?

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 05, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »
where do you see that, when i look on myself while i am logged in at the server my ping is only 5 or something. Is my server high ping? Can u look again, mabey you checked when i was testing earlier this morning?
Usually my ping is something from 50 to 80 when Im connected to servers located in Germany or Netherlands. If I go to high-ping server I can't see myself higher value than 250 and if my ping would be for example 251 it would show that my ping is 1, after 250 it will kind of start counting again. So therefore my ping was either about 40 which would be surprisingly good for me - or it was 250 + 40 which would be unplayable. I guess it was the first one, I was alone there and didn't test it that much.

Offline telvenes

« Reply #11 on: Monday, February 08, 2016, 18:01:06 PM »

Strange ping, i think this is my internet provider thats makeing it like this so i gues i just ask them before trying more.

its not a problem, for the most we have 10-15 in ping but mabey once every hour it jumps to 200 for about 2-3 sekonds and after that its back to 10-15

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 09, 2016, 02:01:02 AM »
Is that just statistics or also playing exprience? Just wondering because when a player joins the server, ping seems to be higher for a moment.

Offline telvenes

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »
gues everything is ok. thanks for all help

Offline telvenes

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 17:07:51 PM »
is 26 players max? i se somethimes hospital has 32. but i cant change more than 26

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager