Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Own Server access problem  (Read 36646 times)

Offline isarciat

Own Server access problem
« on: Thursday, November 24, 2016, 03:35:42 AM »
Hi there,

I just created an own Server with AssistServerManager and I am experiencing the following problems:

First of all, I was not able to enter the server from my client on the same PC, but I found out that it was Windows Firewall what was blocking the connection. So after deactivating Win Firewall I can play in my server with no problems.

Next, my friends were trying to access the server but it was shown as "offline" for them, and when they tried to enter, they get the "No record of this Game Server on the Assist Master Server..." message.

So I thought perhaps I needed to register the server in my BattleTracker account, but when I try so, I get the error "Gameserver offline or not responding on this IP:Port ..."

Additional info:

All requested ports to be forwarded in the Server Manual are forwarded (1716 to 1718, 20046, 20047 & 27900, both TCP & UDP)
The server is set up using port 1716.
My Win Firewall is deactivated while testing.
On AssistServerManager CMD, the "AuthOK [ExternalIP]" message is shown frequently.

Any clues on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks and best regards,

« Last Edit: Thursday, November 24, 2016, 03:38:30 AM by isarciat »

Offline isarciat

Re: Own Server access problem
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 24, 2016, 05:03:37 AM »
Right, I found a clue on what might be happening...

It seems that, even though the ports are open in the router, they are not actually accessible from Internet.

It is quite strange because other ports that are defined in the same router are actually visible from Internet, but not the ones for AA Server.

So far, the only hint I found is that it might be related to uPnP, but I need further testing.

I leave this post open as I think it might be useful for other users with the same problem to know how to solve it, in the event that I finally find it.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Own Server access problem
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 24, 2016, 05:31:21 AM »
Sometimes your ISP may block certain ports which they feel (for some reason)  shouldn't be open for you.
I had this problem myself. I called them and they opened it for me.

But of course, it could be a different issue for you.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager