Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY

Author Topic: Change weapons in specific slots  (Read 438 times)

Offline H.Blacksmith

Change weapons in specific slots
« on: Wednesday, May 03, 2017, 10:31:40 AM »
Hey folks,
after searching in the internet for almost a week without finding a solution, i decided to ask you guys: is it possible to change the weapons in specific player slots?
I'm not talking about the 'afc' command or the admin scripts with the 'admin forceclass 1 [whatever]' command. It's rather something like all R slots are getting SF weapons or if you're in G slot you're getting GP what i'm looking for. Is there any way to do this? I saw something like that on hospital map. Some slots are giving you a RPG. Somebody changed the weapons for this slots. Is stuff like that possible without changing any original files? Can a special script do this or is it a modification of the map file...? How to do this? Can you guys steer me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Change weapons in specific slots
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 08, 2017, 00:52:35 AM »
The way it's done on SF Hospital is a change to the map/file.

It might be possible to create a mod that does what you're looking for, but i'm not sure if one exists. And if you were to use one, the server would not be tracked.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 05:42:54 AM »
Thanks for the reply teddy.
Well that's bad news for me. I'm not willing to run a mod on my server.
So the only way to do things like  this is to request a map file modification done by the dev team of aao25. Dang! I dont think that they would change a map just for me...
I could do it by myself but this wouldn't help (except for LAN sessions...).
I was thinking maybe there is another way to run a "REAL" script on server... The ability  to change the gameplay by the exec command is a bit sparse.
Thanks anyway.

Btw, there was a command to swap whole teams (defense <=> assault). I used it ones but i just can't remember it. Does anyone know the command line for doing this?
Also i was looking for a list of ALL commands. I'm talking about a real complete and contemporary list since things mixed up (2.5 / 2.8.5) or has got lost. And some commands has been added since 25assist.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 09:19:18 AM by H.Blacksmith »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 07:43:45 AM »
The command to swap everyone's teems is "ass" as described in:
http://aao25.com/forum/aa-support/new-admin-command-ass

There's a list of console commands by ELiZ in our Wiki:
http://aao25.com/wiki/index.php?title=Console_Commands

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline H.Blacksmith

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 09:17:00 AM »
Thanks again teddy. This is exactly what i'm talking about  :up:.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Download Server Manager