Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AA Assist server with ipv6  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Turkie

AA Assist server with ipv6
« on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:07:31 AM »
Hello guys,

I'm having a weird issue trying to launch a server with Assist. My ISP gives me a IPV4 address and within the modem somehow its being translated(tunneled) into a IPV6 address. I called the ISP and asked why this was happening and they said that they are running out of IPV4 addresses. This means a lot of people get the same IPV4 address as me and within the modem everyone else is getting an IPV6 address.

Now here is the problem:

When i start Assist it showes me the (shared)IPV4 address stating the necessary ports are closed. I tried port forwarding, DMZ etc but unfortunately everything i tried failed. Somehow there is a problem with IPV6 since within assist i am not able to select that address.

Is there anyway i could tell assist to use the IPV6 address over the shared IPV4 address ?

Any help is very appreciated guys!

Thnx in advance!

Offline LPS.James

• View Profile
    • Low Ping Servers
Re: AA Assist server with ipv6
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:16:21 AM »
Double check and make sure all your ports are forwarded to your LOCAL IP Address (The one given to you by your router) you can also set your computer as the DMZ host in your router to ensure all the necessary ports are opened.

Lastly, it sounds like your having a bind issue, try using the Multihome command in the command line to force it to your IPv4 Address.

-Multihome=0.0.0.0

Read more here.

http://aa25assist.sourceforge.net/Data/WReadme.txt

(It's at the bottom)

I can tell you as a server host, IPv4's are running thin, but not extinct (Just expensive).

LowPingServers.com Leave Lag Behind!

Offline Turkie

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:31:56 AM »
Hello Smoke,

I did forward and tried dmz on my local ip address bro.The problem is when i visite for example : http://www.sixxs.net/tools/gateway/, There is says "What Internet Protocol am i using"? There it states i'm using a IPV6 address and not the IPV4.

Now if i go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ it states a IPV4 address.

Can i force the multihome to use my IPV6 address ?

Thnx a lot!

Offline LPS.James

• View Profile
    • Low Ping Servers
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »
Im not sure that the UE2 Engine supports IPv6. 

What OS do you have?  We can attempt to disable IPv6 and force your IPv4 Address that way.  Where are you located?

Offline Turkie

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:35:32 AM »
Its for my brother man, he lives in Essen (Germany). His English is not that well so i posted in behalf of him since we both tried yesterday to start a server for hours. He uses Windows 7.

Offline Turkie

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
Just a bit more info:

The ISP does give me a IPV4 address however since they claim IPV4 is nearly to extinct they use 1 IPV4 address for example 100 users. There within the router the IPV4 address is somehow being tunneled into a IPV6 address nad being "NAT"'ed i guess. Thats  what the ISP told me.

This is why i am asking if there is a way to use the IPV6 address within multihome

Offline LPS.James

• View Profile
    • Low Ping Servers
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:39:03 AM »
Click Start > Computer
Select Network on the left Side
Select Network and sharing Center (At the top)
Select Change Adapter Settings on the Left
Right Click on your Network Device
Click Properties
Uncheck Internet Protocal Version 6
Click OK.

If it breaks your internet (Meaning your ISP is not giving you an IPv4 Address) Simply follow the steps above, and Recheck Internet Protocal Version 6 then click ok.

Offline LPS.James

• View Profile
    • Low Ping Servers
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:40:50 AM »
It would be impossible for more than one device to share the same IPv4 Address.  Even if you have a home network and all the computers on it have the same Address when you look it up, that is actually the address of your router (One device).

Your ISP just gave you a line of crap.

Offline Turkie

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:42:01 AM »
Thanks for every information Smoke!,

I will try your solution and let you guys know if it worked!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 07:48:12 AM by Turkie »

Offline noobslayer

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 09:23:43 AM »
hi ATAS

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline Turkie

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 09:35:57 AM »
Hello man :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
It would be impossible for more than one device to share the same IPv4 Address.  Even if you have a home network and all the computers on it have the same Address when you look it up, that is actually the address of your router (One device).

Your ISP just gave you a line of crap.

That's what I thought. If your external is IPv4 then that solves nothing on their end. It would make no sense to force users to have their home LAN on IPv6.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 30, 2013, 13:10:12 PM »
just a little info from http://computerworld.nl/
What is IPv6?

ipv6, Whatis, protocol
Feb 2. 2010 by Kristian Tuil Google+

Background - IT concepts are explained briefly and clearly. What is IPv6?

IPv6 stands for Internet Protocol version 6. It is the successor of IPv4, the protocol currently almost everywhere determines how Internet addresses look. IP addresses consist of 32 bits of IPv4 and look like 192.168.1.101. IPv6 has 128 bits and look like 3ffe: 6a88: 85a3: 08d3: 1319:8 A2E: 0370:7344

The major drawback of IPv4 is that there are only 4 billion possible combinations. Thereafter, the cake on. In IPv6, 50,000 quadrillion different possibilities. Because each device that accesses the Internet needs a unique IP address, and the number of undistributed now addresses the 4 billion begins to approach, is to replace IPv4. That may be, because IPv4 has been around since 1981.

In Dutch

Wat is IPv6?

ipv6, watis, protocol
2 feb. 2010 door  Kristian van Tuil Google+ 

Achtergrond -  IT-begrippen kort en helder uitgelegd. Wat is IPv6?

IPv6 staat voor Internet Protocol version 6. Het is de opvolger van IPv4, het protocol dat momenteel nog bijna overal bepaalt hoe internetadressen eruit zien. IP-adressen van IPv4 bestaan uit 32 bits en zien eruit als 192.168.1.101. IPv6 telt 128 bits en zien eruit als 3ffe:6a88:85a3:08d3:1319:8a2e:0370:7344

Het grote nadeel van IPv4 is dat er slechts 4 miljard combinaties mogelijk zijn. Daarna is de koek op. Bij IPv6 zijn 50.000 quadriljoen verschillende mogelijkheden. Omdat elk apparaat dat het internet op gaat een uniek IP-adres nodig heeft, en het aantal uitgedeelde adressen inmiddels de 4 miljard begint te naderen, is IPv4 aan vervanging toe. Dat mag ook wel, want IPv4 bestaat al sinds 1981.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager