Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: [Video Tutorial] How to nade on Urban Assault  (Read 6578 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
[Video Tutorial] How to nade on Urban Assault
« on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 16:59:05 PM »
A frequent member of the AAO25 forums, Ganja, has created a how-to video on nade locations for Urban Assault. It's uploaded onto our official YouTube channel. Have a watch and maybe you'll learn something new!

It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zoxee

Re: [Video Tutorial] How to nade on Urban Assault
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 17:43:26 PM »
Mostly nothing new, but nice one for the newbies  :)
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 18:42:25 PM »
Mostly nothing new, but nice one for the newbies  :)

Levels the playing field. I didn't know any of these despite having been around AA for 8 or so years.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline zoxee

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 22:58:37 PM »
The problem with those nades is that they are hard to throw as described on a crowded server,
as bullets are flying around and you can't afford to stand still and concentrate on a spot to achieve them.
Good for scrims though.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 23:00:30 PM »
The problem with those nades is that they are hard to throw as described on a crowded server,
as bullets are flying around and you can't afford to stand still and concentrate on a spot to achieve them.
Good for scrims though.

Well I know them by heart now and can do them pretty fast I assure you. It's all about practise ;)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 01:18:40 AM »
Very nice video Ganja!

Like I told you on TS, It's hard at times to do it on the go when you don't have a lot of time to position yourself as well as your hand correctly, but like you said, given a lot of practice one can master next to anything.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Bart!

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 01:42:08 AM »
I'll practice in nading his nadespots :style:

Offline Bart!

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 01:43:52 AM »
Btw, some of them are not doable when you use a widescreen resolution since your thumb then is invisible.

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:22:40 AM »
Levels the playing field.

No. Thinking and ability to predict makes you a better player, not some funny nades. I know them all and few better ones but barely use them. No need on pub. In competitive game good teamwork is still 10 times more important than what we've seen on this video. Try to kill me more than once with any of these nades, good luck.  ;) 

Ganja  :up: , now you need to do SF Hospital tutorial, some awsome 203 shots for best aao players just to boost their skill up in the sky. Nowadays it would be more practical than some niche map like urban or mountain pass se. ;)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 07:27:04 AM by rmcdzk »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 08:01:25 AM »
thanks Ganja, I didn't know that.
good job, nice done....and go on please.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 09:39:19 AM »
In competitive game good teamwork is still 10 times more important than what we've seen on this video.

Nobody said the contrary. Maybe you can make a video about some good teamwork and tactics and sh!t to level the game up? :*

I didn't make this video thinking every player would become good because they can to one or two useful nades, it's just that sometimes it's just "fun" to be able to nade at a difficult spot.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 11:16:14 AM »
Good video; informative and instructive in all senses.

In regards to the on-going argument; I'd like to think that what these type of videos do is open up new player's mentality to the complexity and learning curve AA offers. Not all new players figure this game can be as strategic and as complex as it is, resulting on a tendency to average their game style to the simplest/fastest possible.

Videos like the one Ganja said remind us all that there are several styles of gameplay one can choose from...or die from. The sole fact that new players have access to information like this will make them weary of unseen nades, less prone to camp at one spot and ultimately that'll make their gameplay adapt and grow into being more complex and complete.

Just my 2 cents.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:21:19 PM »
being the picky bastard I am, I miss a few good nades in there. And don't viewclassprojectile work anymore with grenades? Great for making tutorials. Good video tho, but the color shift made my eyes hurt, my colorblindness went a-wall.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:26:32 PM »
being the picky bastard I am, I miss a few good nades in there. And don't viewclassprojectile work anymore with grenades? Great for making tutorials. Good video tho, but the color shift made my eyes hurt, my colorblindness went a-wall.
Viewclass works, but only offline and frags actually fly differently offline.

I'm pretty sure he left some nades out on purpose, though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 06, 2014, 12:33:17 PM »
Viewclass works, but only offline and frags actually fly differently offline.

I'm pretty sure he left some nades out on purpose, though.

Exactly, it only works offline and those nades don't work ;)
Exactly, there's no need to put my supersecret nades out there, since now Bart already said he was going to nade my nading spots :D

btw what nades are you missing? :) Only ones I can think of to be honest are from yellow to central, yellow inside east or central inside east ...

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager