Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Tournament maps  (Read 38797 times)

Offline Ganja

Tournament maps
« on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 06:02:34 AM »
As you all probably know, there's actually a 4 vs 4 tournament going on, called Fun League Community.

It's a 4 vs 4 tournament, played on Insurgent Camp and Urban Assault. In the last few days I saw people on urban and IC that I had never seen before (swiss, puf,...) and I think it's a good thing.

So I'm proposing to take all the unplayed map for the next tournament, so people will play on it again, and servers will be populated where they were not these last years.

Those maps should be river bassin, headquarters or swamp, Oasis, village, those kind of maps.

Just shared an opinion, I hope it will be taken into consideration

Offline Bart!

Re: Tournament maps
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 06:11:37 AM »
I still think most sf maps are bad for competition, I would try to get the classic maps being played again

different kind of maps:

Dark: HQ raid (woodland/swamp)
VIP: mountain ambush
(SF) assault vs assault: SF Sandstorm, urban, MOUT
Multiple obj possibilities: Pipe, IC
Long distance: Bridge SE
advanced nade and close combat maps: Weapons Cache (SE)
Close combat, spam and flash map: Tunnel

Those all have their own style of playing, which in my opinion is good because of seeing who the best player is helps in this case.

The problem I have with most sf maps is that they are too defense sided, as well as being too easy to aim with.
Random maps I would keep out due to the lucky team having higher chance of winning, thats not really competitive

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 06:25:49 AM »
Well depends on what kind of tournament you're looking for.

As the name states it's a fun league, so in my opinion it's not a problem if it's not 'competitive' as you call it. But ok, I understand that a lot of players play for the competition only.

Now I was more referring to teams training on those maps, than the tournament itself. By giving them every tournament only 2-3 maps to play on, they will train only those, and it will populated more original maps.

I understand that playing extraction or dockside or courtyard can be a disadvantage for 'pro teams' because they can lose against noob teams, but hey this ain't ESL or something ;)

There could also be different tournaments going on like 'long range tournament' where you will have bridge SE like you said, or river bassin or moutain pass.

There could be a random spawn tournament going on with dockside, extraction, pcr, courtyard.

Or also a vip tournament with Hospital, mountain ambush, dusk and whatsoever.

Just stating the fact that this tournament could have a major impact on the maps played nowadays

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 06:31:35 AM »
Long range maps? Let's play SF Recon :D

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 06:42:43 AM »
ya good idea ganja.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 07:13:33 AM »
Thats great to have some suggestions about the next season. We like the idea to play maps that are not played that often or at all. We also wanted to start a season which would have only maps that were in the 1.0 version, but I wasnt able to find which ones were there. I like the idea of having Mountain Ambush in the next cup, quite nice outdoor tactical map. So we could have one long range and one close combat map, for close combat Dusk?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 07:35:53 AM »
Thats great to have some suggestions about the next season. We like the idea to play maps that are not played that often or at all. We also wanted to start a season which would have only maps that were in the 1.0 version, but I wasnt able to find which ones were there. I like the idea of having Mountain Ambush in the next cup, quite nice outdoor tactical map. So we could have one long range and one close combat map, for close combat Dusk?

Original 1.0, ArmyOps Recon Maps
Bridge
HQ_Raid
Insurgent_Camp
MOUT_McKenna
Pipeline
Tunnel

Feel nostalgic?
ftp://ftp.stack.nl/pub/users/davidd/client/ArmyOpsRecon.exe

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 10:15:27 AM »
if you all up for a sandstorm tournament, i will consider to play aa2 again :D

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 10:26:14 AM »
if you all up for a wc se tournament, i will consider to play aa2 again :D

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »
2 many ppl, UB sub. still active eh? :P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 10:32:19 AM »

wcse is an awesome map tbh, way better balanced than normal wc.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Long range maps? Let's play SF Recon :D
Long range sf still is totally different compared to long range rifle :D

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 11:23:06 AM »
In my opinion is the best match map in america's army 2, great balance, plenty different ways of attacking and defending, mixed with cqb and lr...

Offline Bart!

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 11:31:52 AM »
In my opinion is the best match map in america's army 2, great balance, plenty different ways of attacking and defending, mixed with cqb and lr...
I agree, wc se is a nice mix of everything. Nading, 203, cqb and distance fighting. The only thing missing is a parachute ;)

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 04, 2013, 13:23:35 PM »
Easy to play as a rat on wc se on defense. i.e hide in the most random place as assault need the 3 objs to win. But i suppose you can do that on a few assault/defense maps.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager