Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Tournament maps  (Read 38857 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Tournament maps
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 00:21:53 AM »
Right. This is why 127 people are playing the game.
That's at one time and that's not the peak. Lately it's been 160+ but again, that's just the users online at one time. There's almost 1,000 unique accounts online during the course of the day. Just thought I'd clear that up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 01:32:00 AM »
Right. This is why 127 people are playing the game. Still going to download it and im sure I'll be called a cheater for pressing the crouch key too many times, if anyone who used to really play this game sees this pm me.
You know what? Fuck you. If your goal with this thread was to look like a complete douche you pulled it off wonderfully.

It must be difficult to talk to all us pub peasants from way up there on competitive player mountain.

Offline Dialects

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »
Keep it civilised, please.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 01:56:22 AM »
atx_mza, im sorry... who are you again?

Offline Bart!

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 07:26:52 AM »
random spawns maybe good for pub, but worst thing for competition. Like courtyard, its a great map, but if one team has advantage on the spawns, it totally changes how game is fair.
too bad most of you dont know what is playing competition at the highest level, otherwise ud change completly ur opinion about the game and how it should be directed
I agree.

I still think most pub players are already within their opinion about competitive players before even knowing what it exactly is. The thing is that most competitive players have played the game in more perspectives: as a pubber and as a competitive player, they usually looked through maps and thought out strats in way more detail compared with the majority of the pub players.

You can call them no-lifers for this, arrogant people or anything, but the fact is that because they looked at the game from many different perspectives and that because they played the game in a different way as well and thought out strats and tactics they think about more factors which influence the game, and balance the game compared with regular pub players.

This is why I do think the opinion of a competitive player is based on more variables in the game which leads to the fact that the chance of them calling the right thing to do is higher compared with a regular pub player calling the right thing to do based on their gut feeling.

They just have more experience, whether you like it or not.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 08:07:52 AM »
i dont think more maps or changing mapstructure will help to get more players. i see 2 major points which should be adressed:

1. all the old original maps are great and if u look back a few years, each map had like its own community. So the problem is not the demand of more maps, it is, that all these great maps are not being played at the moment. Think, all these maps have already proven worth to be played many years ago. I think that people coming back to the game have the idea to play certain maps, then they play a bit hospital and leave again. i dont know the numbers, but for the amount of new activations the overall playerbase is pretty stable. community-related projects like the fun-league-community help a lot in this direction and should be honored. if u can change the environement here that more maps get played, u also get more players automatically. one way could be to give people new aims in the game, honorpoints are dead.

2. try to make the game more fair and eradicate major map- and gamebugs (exploits). what i see is an small elite of experienced players who know lots of stuff to gain advantage over the majority. i'm probl one of them. its already so hard for new or returning players to get in the game, so that could be a killer-criterion. as i see how much effort u put into the new assist, i think its crazy not to adress these things. people are not blind and fairness should be the basis of a successfull game. but probably the players are already blind cause permanently ingame-flashed.
i know u tried it on hospital with the roofbug but with the railing u changed the mapdynamics to much, i think.

these things will not get u more new players but it helps that people stay with the game.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #51 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »
random spawns maybe good for pub, but worst thing for competition. Like courtyard, its a great map, but if one team has advantage on the spawns, it totally changes how game is fair.
too bad most of you dont know what is playing competition at the highest level, otherwise ud change completly ur opinion about the game and how it should be directed
No, I feel the problem is you dont understand how then game is NOW. You can't live in the past glory days of competition in AA. You have to be realistic and see that most people playing this game just want to pub. They are playing this game again because they used to play it all the time and want to relive it. One of the things I think is happening is that people want this game to become something it simply cant. It would be amazing to get like 400 people on and have a competitive scene again, but you have to realize that that's just extremely unlikely.

Offline Alex

« Reply #52 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:16:33 PM »
I agree.

I still think most pub players are already within their opinion about competitive players before even knowing what it exactly is. The thing is that most competitive players have played the game in more perspectives: as a pubber and as a competitive player, they usually looked through maps and thought out strats in way more detail compared with the majority of the pub players.

You can call them no-lifers for this, arrogant people or anything, but the fact is that because they looked at the game from many different perspectives and that because they played the game in a different way as well and thought out strats and tactics they think about more factors which influence the game, and balance the game compared with regular pub players.

This is why I do think the opinion of a competitive player is based on more variables in the game which leads to the fact that the chance of them calling the right thing to do is higher compared with a regular pub player calling the right thing to do based on their gut feeling.

They just have more experience, whether you like it or not.
That is such bullshit. Him wanting to make the game better for comp players won't make the game better in general. You have 2 different styles of play. Why should competitive play outweigh pub play? It's stupid.

He wants to dumb down all the cool and fun maps so they're better for comp play and not as hard on FPS. That is not going to happen and only benefits competition, not pub play.

A lot of competitive players always have this "holier than thou" attitude and it's pathetic.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:18:47 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:19:32 PM »
Idea: We could strip-down maps and modify them to cater towards tournaments and competitive playing BUT make them a separate version, not overwrite the original. Win-win?

Offline Alex

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:22:20 PM »
Idea: We could strip-down maps and modify them to cater towards tournaments and competitive playing BUT make them a separate version, not overwrite the original. Win-win?
I guess. Nobody would play the stripped down maps though. A competitive community isn't going to magically appear due to more comp friendly maps.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:36:11 PM »
A competitive community isn't going to magically appear due to more comp friendly maps.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:40:53 PM »
Best is to leave as it is, one player came to forum and we deciding to change something, must be with majority and doing such things would waste your own time.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 13:48:40 PM »
I guess. Nobody would play the stripped down maps though. A competitive community isn't going to magically appear due to more comp friendly maps.
Probably not but how much time would it take? Not much really.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager