Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Mapvote MOD, new version  (Read 9170 times)

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Mapvote MOD, new version
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 25, 2014, 20:24:40 PM »
Then perhaps a spam message every 4-5 minutes then, telling users that the mod is enabled and usable. This message should be allowed to turn off in the server .ini
Can use PB messages too, depending of teh mod, broadicasting a global message in console is a pain in da ass :P
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 01:01:29 AM »
Agreed.  Just flash an admin message when joining the server.  PB messages that you have configured in ServerMessages can do the reminders if the admin wants.

My thing with 'mutate' is that it's a funky word/command.  With the mod, you can't create new commands available straight from the console but there's a Mutate() function available that reports whatever you combine Mutate with in the console.  But like pickaweapon, the 'Say' command can be intercepted  from BrodcastText() as well, and it would seem more natural to hit your talk button and type 'mapvote pipeline' 

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, January 26, 2014, 07:36:22 AM »
but be sure that it is really possible to turn the message of - I don't like that much spam while playing. you can put that really on an external side to watch the maps to vote. I guess my servers are the only ones atm witch has mapvote. and this is really good used and the players know where to look at for mapnames now.

L:\aa250logs\Server04.log:01/24/14 15:13:19 Log: Server switch level: SFDockside
L:\aa250logs\Server04.log:01/24/14 18:27:34 Log: Server switch level: river_basin
L:\aa250logs\Server04.log:01/25/14 18:32:26 Log: Server switch level: SFsandstorm
L:\aa250logs\Server04.log:01/25/14 19:58:55 Log: Server switch level: SFpcr
L:\aa250logs\Server04.log:01/25/14 21:23:30 Log: Server switch level: MP_SF_Floodgate

BUT MORE IMPORTATAT TO ME:
one player can vote multiple votes - so one player can decide to change the map witch is not good at all.
also you always have to leave the server immed after vote is accepted because the change will freeze your aa2!
would also be nice to have that fixed soon (if possible).
« Last Edit: Monday, January 27, 2014, 09:00:46 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Terminal

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 27, 2014, 08:51:45 AM »
I remember making a mapvote mod for 2.8.5 a while ago and proved highly successful on our =CMW= clan server.
It randomly selected 4 maps to vote for, notified players at the start of the last round to pick a map, stated to say or teamsay 'mapvote 1' or 'mapvote 2' etc, would show the result in console when you voted, then show final result at end of round. It would only let you vote once too.
Im sure I have the source somewhere if it is of any use on 2.5

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 16:31:18 PM »
I guess it need to use "Mutate' due to the nature of Unreal Script, or at least of how it was written :D
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 16:35:18 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager