Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: I could use some help to convert my map  (Read 2597 times)

Offline SPC-D.Pelerine[3rdID]

I could use some help to convert my map
« on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 18:19:43 PM »
I could use some help to convert my map from 2.8.5 to 2.5 i have both editors now and i tryed to convert my map to 2.5 but it is not working the terrains should be good and most of the files are good too  i can pass a copy of the map or a copy of the code in a .txt if anyone can help me that would be great

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: I could use some help to convert my map
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 20:55:00 PM »
currently I think that only 3 ppl here have expirience with the Editor, 1 is inactive, 1 'banned'? and the others haven't much time :/, personaly I know nothing about mapping :(, I just made a box with meshes xD

try to build the map and figure out the warnings/errors that will appear (missing resources & extra code) :-D
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 20:56:31 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 04:16:13 AM »
is there any packages that would have any of the following _AAO_'s so i can finish converting my map if so can someone tell me what it is since i can not find them :
Code: [Select]
M_AAO_Equipment.Plastic_Containers.small_plastic_bottle
M_AAO_Equipment.misc.railroad_tie
M_AAO_Foliage.treeline.treeline
S_AAO_Lvl_JavelinTraining.misc.S_Jave_Misc_AirConditioner
T_AAO_UI.RecordBrief.t_ui_badges_expert_rifle_metal
T_AAO_Metal.metal.pipe_metal
T_AAO_Metal.metal.plate_metal
T_AAO_MISC.chains.chain_yellow
T_AAO_MISC.misc.wood_yellow
T_AAO_MISC.misc.wood_chips
T_AAO_Wood.misc.wd_misc_fill06_warm_ROPE_sm

M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_rectangular
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_lower
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_upper
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_top
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_cargo
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_bridge
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_hanging
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_rappel
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.Bumper_Single
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.plate_metal
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.wood_chips
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.Bumper_Full
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.arch_misc_sniper_shelter01
M_AAO_EagleTower.chains.single_chain
M_AAO_EagleTower.chains.chain

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 11:05:33 AM »
S_AAO_Lvl_JavelinTraining.misc.S_Jave_Misc_AirConditioner
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_rectangular
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_lower
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_upper
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_top
M_AAO_EagleTower.nets.net_cargo
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_bridge
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_hanging
M_AAO_EagleTower.Rope.rope_rappel
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.Bumper_Single
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.plate_metal
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.wood_chips
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.Bumper_Full
M_AAO_EagleTower.misc.arch_misc_sniper_shelter01
M_AAO_EagleTower.chains.single_chain
M_AAO_EagleTower.chains.chain

I think that those items doesn't exist on 2.5, google a program called UTPT, you will be able to open Textures, Meshes and others Packages of aa 2.5 (ONLY 2.5!), you will find all that you do want :)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
I think most of those objects just can be found in AA28x versions

Here is a new version  of my AA resource Extractor v3.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62876385/AARE3Beta1.zip

With it you can extract meshes and textures(and sound and some other things) from any version between 2.5.0 to 2.8.5

It's currently in beta stage, and the extra components that I was planning of releasing at the same time is dimmed out and notselecteble.

With AARE you can extract most objects, textures to *.dds, and Meshes to *.obj.
Perhaps you can add the objects from 28x that you are missing direct into you level(map)

I hope to complete the missing components later on this month, and to a proper release of a AARS(AA Recording Studio) including a new version of AARE and other tools I've utilized though the years

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 11:50:58 AM »
Create a new folder, extract the exefile to that folder.
Make sure that you have this newly created OUTSIDE of any AA folder,

At start of AARE3.exe, it  will create 5 new folders.
dds- Textures
Maps
Obj - Staticmeshes
Rsk
Wav-Sounds

AARE will ask you for the folder where AA is installed.
Then Click Load and Export all Packages.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 12:13:21 PM »
thx for posting ELiZ! i'm not sure if he knows how to build a unreal package, but, that will bring the light :)
ELiZ, are you able to convert 2.8x UScrit to 2.5 code or 2.5(actually UE2R) code to aa 2.8x?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 12:43:55 PM »
thx for posting ELiZ! i'm not sure if he knows how to build a unreal package, but, that will bring the light :)
ELiZ, are you able to convert 2.8x UScrit to 2.5 code or 2.5(actually UE2R) code to aa 2.8x?

It was long ago I accually did work INSIDE the unreal editor, byt the trick should be to add the static meshes and textures to the myLevel package, no?

I never cared to mess with , reading, writing or coverting those packages, but I might take a look.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 12:49:15 PM »
It was long ago I accually did work INSIDE the unreal editor, byt the trick should be to add the static meshes and textures to the myLevel package, no?

I never cared to mess with , reading, writing or coverting those packages, but I might take a look.
I know nothing about the editor :P, but I've read the same about putting things into 'myLevel', about, uscript, would be nice to have this becuz ppl that know how to make uscript packages for 2.8.5 keep it private :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 14:17:31 PM »
Just came back from work, as a matter of things i actually have a pretty small amount of spare time.

With AARE you can extract most objects, textures to *.dds, and Meshes to *.obj.
Perhaps you can add the objects from 28x that you are missing direct into you level(map)

I hope to complete the missing components later on this month, and to a proper release of a AARS(AA Recording Studio) including a new version of AARE and other tools I've utilized though the years

That is a solution for sure, but it really depends on the amount of materials he wants to include in his map (and keep in mind that it will make your file size grow quite fast). Also, those materials can be re-packed up in a package and included in a mAAp release, so they can be used in other maps aswell. (mAAp already features some 2.8.5 ported materials, there's a -285 tagged package for sound, meshes and textures).

Btw kudos for your work, you're talented :)

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 16:34:27 PM »
the pakage i would like to see added are theones that are from the EagleTower since my map has alot from it and i know alot of the 2.8.5 maps have things from it also in them so if someone can convert the M_AAO_EagleTower things to 2.5 it would be good since i do not know how to

« Reply #11 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 01:03:46 AM »
If anyone whats to help me by converting my map to AA2.5 from AA2.8.5 the following is the .aao file and the .txt file for the map there is a few _AAO_'s in it and since they are not part of AA2.5 you can delate them from the map and then send me back a copy of the map finished since i been trying to convert it and it is not working for me

please someone help me with the map since it is starting to get me mad and i really want my unit to use it and i want to play with them using this map
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 07:50:32 AM by SPC-D.Pelerine[3rdID] »

« Reply #12 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 22:16:00 PM »
Can someone make me a very basic map for AA2.5 that i can edit and add things since i can not seme to be able to make a working map all i need is a basic, basic map with a grass and with 1-2 player spots and can work with AA2.5 and the editor i have been trying to convert my AA2.8.5 map with no luck and can not seam to get a good start with making it from scritch with out someone to help me like with my 2.8.5 map so if someone can make me a basic map and give me a link or message me a link to download

thanks

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 12:59:51 PM »
Can someone make me a very basic map for AA2.5 that i can edit and add things since i can not seme to be able to make a working map all i need is a basic, basic map with a grass and with 1-2 player spots and can work with AA2.5 and the editor i have been trying to convert my AA2.8.5 map with no luck and can not seam to get a good start with making it from scritch with out someone to help me like with my 2.8.5 map so if someone can make me a basic map and give me a link or message me a link to download

thanks

It would be so much more helpful if you were to throw in a few more details about what is not working, so we could look it out and find what's wrong. Also, i've already posted a link in LeBastion's thread, that shows a very well written tutorial (it was written by former game developers).

http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/Dusk_Tutorial

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager