Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: help me with a map convertion  (Read 3563 times)

Offline SPC-D.Pelerine[3rdID]

help me with a map convertion
« on: Sunday, September 16, 2012, 22:31:52 PM »
i have a map i made for AA2.8.5 and now what to convert it to AA2.5 can someone help me i looked and read everything here on the forums about how to convert but none of them are helping me and some tell me how i can get a copy of the AA2.5 map editor

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: help me with a map convertion
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 04:11:30 AM »
2.5 Editor is 'private', maybe Koden can help you to convert the map :)

somethings in 2.8 aren't avaliabe in 2.5 resources and the file names are different, that's where you have to look while converting your map, I mean, remove resources that only exist in 2.8, find in what 2.5 packages some resources are in and then find how to map with 2.8 ED to 2.5, ex:use UTPT to look into the 2.5 pakages, when u found what your're looking for, copy the 2.8 file, name it as the 2.5 file and then use that one in the 2.8 editor,  I made a simple/noob map with 2.8 editor and then converted it to 2.5 with Eliz converter, worked fine :)

sry for any language error or if the text is confuse,  it's 5 AM here :)

http://aao25.com/maap/2-8-map-converting/45/
http://aao25.com/maap/2-5-map-made-with-2-8-editor/
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »
Or you could post some pics of your mapand a link maybe to people test it before the map editor could be shared ;)
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline LeBastion

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 06:55:51 AM »
It is true that it is rather disturbing conversion 2.8.5> 2.5. Software and must be converted.
Editor for 2.5, I think the version is private to avoid mass distrubution. So mappers Reserved elite or those showing devotion?

Also, remember that it is the community that makes to live 2.5, then it will anytime soon blockages for the creation, the community will be less map.
You see? Of course, this is my opinion, and I hope not to attract the wrath of the moderators

I always do or bring a little something for the games I liked (level design, texturing, modeling) ex: NWN 1 and 2, dod, dod source

I do not know if it is possible that a benevolent soul can deliver packages of conversion, or the dev team leaves the editor out of his safe

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
The editor is still private, who originally gave me the editor asked for keeping it private (which means given to thrusted people only). Just prove your skill and especially care about quality.

2.5 Editor is 'private', maybe Koden can help you to convert the map :)

somethings in 2.8 aren't avaliabe in 2.5 resources and the file names are different, that's where you have to look while converting your map, I mean, remove resources that only exist in 2.8, find in what 2.5 packages some resources are in and then find how to map with 2.8 ED to 2.5, ex:use UTPT to look into the 2.5 pakages, when u found what your're looking for, copy the 2.8 file, name it as the 2.5 file and then use that one in the 2.8 editor,  I made a simple/noob map with 2.8 editor and then converted it to 2.5 with Eliz converter, worked fine :)

sry for any language error or if the text is confuse,  it's 5 AM here :)

http://aao25.com/maap/2-8-map-converting/45/
http://aao25.com/maap/2-5-map-made-with-2-8-editor/

I think i've already wrote this somewhere in this forum...anyway, packages starting with a single-letter with no digit in front of should be fine for converting your map with Eliz tool without much hassle. Avoid using AI (bots), 2.8.5 one can't be ported in 2.5 and anyway even the 2.5 counterpart is rather useless.

Btw, if you look at your sound, static mesh and texture folder you'll notice you have a s-285, a m-285 and a t-285...a few bits of the 2.8.5 materials ported, if you need them (and before you ask, you can't port all of them, it's a mess).

It is true that it is rather disturbing conversion 2.8.5> 2.5. Software and must be converted.
Editor for 2.5, I think the version is private to avoid mass distrubution. So mappers Reserved elite or those showing devotion?

Also, remember that it is the community that makes to live 2.5, then it will anytime soon blockages for the creation, the community will be less map.
You see? Of course, this is my opinion, and I hope not to attract the wrath of the moderators

I always do or bring a little something for the games I liked (level design, texturing, modeling) ex: NWN 1 and 2, dod, dod source

I do not know if it is possible that a benevolent soul can deliver packages of conversion, or the dev team leaves the editor out of his safe

Have you taken a look at the server list? Barely a handful of custom maps get actually played every day (and by a tiny amount of players). Custom maps are worthy, but let's not exhaggerate how much they're worth to the game itself (or rather to the players). I would love to see em played but they aren't, really.

You used to create maps/levels for NWN1? That's cool, i pretty much started there aswell. 
« Last Edit: Monday, September 17, 2012, 13:00:24 PM by Koden »

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 13:48:43 PM »
this map is for a unit i play with and only people playing in the unit will have the map since its for praticing differant thing i alreaddy tryed to take everything out but the basic map with a few spawns and when i try to convert useing the tool it stops working so right now i am stuck untill i get the editor so i can remake the mak for AA2.5 for my unit

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 14:59:07 PM »
this map is for a unit i play with and only people playing in the unit will have the map since its for praticing differant thing i alreaddy tryed to take everything out but the basic map with a few spawns and when i try to convert useing the tool it stops working so right now i am stuck untill i get the editor so i can remake the mak for AA2.5 for my unit

Mind sharing a few pics?

« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:33:14 PM »
the following are just a few screenshot i have taken of my map:

(edited to include the images)
« Last Edit: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:49:47 PM by Koden »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:46:19 PM »
Now i see...i recall of this map. It's called Camp Gentry i think isn't it? It would be worthy, as it is a whole pack of training fields and exercises areas. Some things probably wouldn't be available or yet available but with limited features (e.g. humvees). Considering the limits of the 2.5 packages you'll probably also fall short of several static meshes and some textures too.

P.s. of course i'm looking at it as a squad training map, it's way huge to be a multiplayer one (except if you drive through on a hummer, and you would still take quite some time).

Btw, would you actually be willing to make it completely once again? Except for the terrain (using Eliz tool) quite a lot of the remaining looks way too modern to be part of the 2.5 packages. And honestly you can't ask the players to download a whole lot of additional data that's used in one map only, also because if i were to ask for downloading further data, it would be in a wider fashion and not limited to training scenarios materials, which are useful but up to a certain point - unless people find Camp Gentry entertaining as a multiplayer map (and despite its size, it might actually be).
« Last Edit: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:03:24 PM by Koden »

« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:46:11 PM »
it is nopt Camp Gentry it is a map i made from beginning by just adding thing to it and it would not be hard to convert it or remake it i had the AA2.5 map editor i can convert and fix it up and just so you know only things that would need to be taken out would be the humves but that is not hard but if i had the editor for AA2.5 it would be easy

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 12:32:32 PM »
it is not Camp Gentry it is a map i made from beginning by just adding thing to it
[youtube]
[/youtube]

http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3811

Btw, just for you to know, you can't load a 2.8 map in the 2.5 editor, it will crash. You can eventually use Eliz's tool or modify your mission code by hand as it's already explained in a couple threads on this forum (one of those is pinned too, i think).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 12:35:13 PM by Koden »

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 13:53:07 PM »
i know i alreaddy converted to a .txt file but without the 2.5 editor i can not copy back to a editor to finish the map

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 15:48:36 PM »
i know i alreaddy converted to a .txt file but without the 2.5 editor i can not copy back to a editor to finish the map

Not sure if you read and/or took a look at my post above.  Are you Patterson from 75thr? Is the map actually yours? Cause to me the pic you posted look very close to that specific map.

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 16:00:26 PM »
this map was started by me back in version 2.8.1 and i passed it to him to use since the unit i am in was useing it also and right now 75thr dose not play anymore and now the unit i am in 3rdID wants it converted to play aa2.5 and to train on

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager