Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Technical Pro HB1502U  (Read 16435 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Technical Pro HB1502U (Digital Hybrid Amplifier)
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 06, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »
Just to toss this out there, I didn't pick up one of these. I found a nice "vintage" Sony ES amp from the 90's for like $175 shipped. It's a really solid unit, TA-N55ES I think it is.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 03:54:18 AM »
Sounds great. You reminded me how lazy I am because I haven't updated this post and I haven't e-mailed them :P

But right now I have it hooked up to a TV. Here's a picture:

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 04:33:03 AM »
Does it come with a remote or do you have to get off your butt and change the volume?

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 07, 2011, 22:42:54 PM »
Yea, there's a remote with it.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 08, 2011, 00:28:30 AM »
Awesome.

[/lazy]

santos180

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 17:30:32 PM »
hey i bought one not too long ago and im having trouble wiring the speakers to the red black knobs in the back... on your picture, "the rear" there seems to be a metal piece you used... can you tell me the name of it, and or send a link of where they might sell it. thanks alot

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, September 13, 2011, 18:41:59 PM »
They are called banana plugs. I recently used the following ones on some speaker cables I made and I'm very pleased with them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Nakamichi-BFA-Banana-Plug-Connector-24K-0153845-USA-/180425783331?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a0236f823#ht_1977wt_1026

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday, September 16, 2011, 22:00:02 PM »
Yep banana plugs. The ones Spanky linked to are of very nice quality. They're much better quality than the ones I'm using. But if you're lazy, you can find the ones I used here: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040115&p_id=2943&seq=1&format=2

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Pro HB1502U
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 03, 2011, 16:38:14 PM »
Update just for fun. Someone gave me some white van speakers recently (I love free). They aren't the greatest, but they're a big improvement over the cheap bookshelves I was using before. I measure a frequency response of 40Hz - 18kHz. It cuts very strongly after 40Hz for whatever reason. I guess that's why they're white van speakers :)

Here's a picture for you gentlemen:
« Last Edit: Friday, October 21, 2011, 23:17:23 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 03, 2011, 17:21:36 PM »
WOW!!!! I picked up some older KLH speakers the other day for $10 and I thought it was soooo strange to see a transparent plastic woofer cone but yours have it too. It's extremely interesting that it's cheaper than a paper cone or something you know. Those look to be fairly thick cabinets and they're 3-way so if nothing else, you have a nice base for some custom ones should those ever fail to the point you don't want to put money into them.

Any idea on the kind of crossover inside?

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 03, 2011, 21:05:03 PM »
Yea I also thought the transparent cones were odd too haha. I hear paper cones bring out the best sound, but who knows.

My pet peeve with these speakers is the large woofer runs in full range, wtf. So I'm fairly certain there's a cheap 2-way crossover inside. There are also dials on the front to adjust the gain for the mid and high. I've heard these kind of dials fail quickly and take the whole crossover unit with it, so if for some reason the speakers decide to stop working, the crossovers are probably the first thing I'd be replacing.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 03, 2011, 21:17:33 PM »
I think the plastic cones are a cost-cutting modern thing but they're cool and rigid. Paper cones are the most popular but they're a bitch to put new surrounds on since the old glue usually peels some of the paper off or leaves a residue. It doesn't come off clean.

Yea, on my barn speakers, the woofer has no crossover circuitry. You can look up a generic crossover or I can give you the plans for my JBL L19A which are 2-way so the crossover would be more of a generic one that would cut most of the highs out of the woofer. You can replace the dials with straight resistors once you find a balance you like you can just measure the resistance and find one that works for you. Some people do that on more expensive speakers too.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 03, 2011, 21:48:14 PM »
I was thinking of getting 3-way passive crossovers from parts-express in the case I was bored and wanted to improve the speakers.

One thing that stands out in the speaker is the use of acoustic foam. Since these are white van speakers, I'm really surprised that stuff is even in there :D

Offline cjkline83

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
I just found this thread while searching for a manual for this amp. I bought it for background music at a small bar, which is why I love that I can load up a USB stick or SD card with hours of music to cycle through every day, or hook up my phone, or pipe the TV in as well. I'm only hooking this amp up to 6" bookshelf wallmount speakers, but that's really all I need for background. I have some larger DJ speakers that I will hook up to this amp down the road, but I think it's going to do just fine. Obviously, if you need club power, this is not the amp you're searching for.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager