Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Post Your Hardware!  (Read 125093 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Post Your Hardware!
« Reply #240 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 06:08:25 AM »

Yup. I've been working my ass off on a project for my software engineering class that I decided to code in Java instead of C++. I prefer Java over C++ and Eclipse even over the $600 Visual Studio.

I have one of those as "family desktop" but for some reason the screen is always blurry and it's a real pain in the ass for the eyes. I hope you won't have the same problem ;)

Offline Alex

« Reply #241 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 22:34:28 PM »
Yes, you will ... Difference between 4 and 1 ms can be seen with the naked eye - especially on dynamic image.
You might be able to notice it in a side by side comparison, but 99% of people wouldn't notice it if they bought another monitor to use. And again, it also depends on how they'r judging the time.

I have one of those as "family desktop" but for some reason the screen is always blurry and it's a real pain in the ass for the eyes. I hope you won't have the same problem ;)
You bought a 1440p monitor just for a family desktop? Seems a bit pricey just for a family PC.

Killa, there's a guy spying on you behind that screen! I think it's a sith lord or something.
You would be correct. It's a Lego Darth Vader alarm clock that is unsurprisingly bad at keeping the correct time for a $10 licensed alarm clock.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 00:10:44 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 03:23:36 AM »
You bought a 1440p monitor just for a family desktop? Seems a bit pricey just for a family PC.

We kinda received it, or maybe it fell of the truck but I don't want Vegeta to panic :/

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 05:44:53 AM »
You might be able to notice it in a side by side comparison, but 99% of people wouldn't notice it if they bought another monitor to use. And again, it also depends on how they'r judging the time.
This could be true for the difference between 2 and 1 ms, but 4 ms will generate unwanted motion blur effect which can hurt your eyes

@Ganja: If this isn't your case, then try to rise its refresh rate.. Basically, even good monitor with 2 ms working on 60Hz refresh rate can have negative impact on the eyes and / or provoke fatigue in general.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 05:47:18 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 05:48:38 AM »

You would be correct. It's a Lego Darth Vader alarm clock that is unsurprisingly bad at keeping the correct time for a $10 licensed alarm clock.

Dart Vader wakes you up in the morning? ^^

Offline Alex

« Reply #245 on: Saturday, April 18, 2015, 13:42:47 PM »
Dart Vader wakes you up in the morning? ^^
na, like I said, the thing sucks at keeping time. That's why it's on my desk and not by my bed. I have an alarm clock that actually works waking me up.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager