Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Buying/building a PC  (Read 27381 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Buying/building a PC
« Reply #30 on: Friday, July 03, 2015, 13:54:18 PM »
Noob teddy should of let me know you where buying parts probably get what you got all for $350.00

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday, July 03, 2015, 16:40:57 PM »
60 fps on a regular 60 hertz screen is fine, BUT quality screens supporting higher frequencies are pretty nice anyway... once in a while i still play on my 15 years old Nec CRT which has a maximum75 hertz refresh rate. :P
60 hertz screen can give you max 30 FPS.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #32 on: Friday, July 03, 2015, 17:19:04 PM »
Got some research to back that up? Hertz is a per-second frequency. 60 hertz = 60 times a second, 60FPS is 60 frames a second. If vertical sync is enabled, the frames are synced with the monitors refresh rate (typically 60hz) for a max of 60FPS.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #33 on: Friday, July 03, 2015, 20:12:02 PM »
lol, no. 60hz means it shows a max of 60 fps. Have you ever wondered what v-sync does? It locks your framerate to your monitor's refresh rate, hence for most people it's at 60 fps. Spanky beat me to it though.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 03, 2015, 20:15:12 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:32:56 AM »
Hello,

Interlaced maybe?

Steve

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 13:08:50 PM »
teddy, is the comp running now?
and tell us about your feelings - with a midi tower comp now and not a notebook :)

try also to install aa4 and have a look how it works. go to our server an aa2 maps and - enjoy the graphics :)

Was on a bicycle trip this weekend so haven't had the time to play with it too much yet :)

But 110 km upwind in 5h is also a good feelind :D

EDIT:
And wickid, you should have looked on this thread and would have known, I don't have to spell everything out for you, do I? :D
Besides, do you know the shipping costs for all that across that big ocean?
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 13:22:57 PM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 16:53:16 PM »
Got some research to back that up? Hertz is a per-second frequency. 60 hertz = 60 times a second, 60FPS is 60 frames a second. If vertical sync is enabled, the frames are synced with the monitors refresh rate (typically 60hz) for a max of 60FPS.
Image is not generated in its entirety, but divided into two: first the even numbered lines (horizontal) are generated, then the odd lines (horizontal). The number of  FPS you see  in any test is just the response 'READY' sent by GPU - this does not mean, in fact, the number of displayed full images.

As for 'back that up': I am able to fix (kind of ...) electronic equipment - include PC stuff.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, July 05, 2015, 17:44:41 PM »
Image is not generated in its entirety, but divided into two: first the even numbered lines (horizontal) are generated, then the odd lines (horizontal). The number of  FPS you see  in any test is just the response 'READY' sent by GPU - this does not mean, in fact, the number of displayed full images.

As for 'back that up': I am able to fix (kind of ...) electronic equipment - include PC stuff.

What you're talking about is interlacing, something not done for video games. FPS is a measure of the frames being generated by the graphics card and you're right, it has no bearing on how many frames you actually see on the screen. This is why any FPS above your monitors refresh rate is pointless and actually causes tearing. V-Sync fixes that by waiting until the monitor has finished drawing the frame, then sends the next frame rendered by the GPU to the buffer. The monitors refresh rate is to draw one whole frame, not part of one. This means that if you have a 60hz monitor and use V-Sync, you are seeing 60 whole frames every second (if your GPU can render it).

The response time is different, that's a single pixel being changed, usually from grey to grey which is a mostly meaningless measurement since that's the quickest response time the monitor will ever have. Changing from one color to another takes considerably longer. However, the response time of a monitor is much quicker than refresh rate. This is why it doesn't really matter to find a 1 or 2ms response time for a 60hz monitor, 5ms is perfectly fine.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager