Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Trojan Horse Generic  (Read 6391 times)

Mia Cop

Trojan Horse Generic
« on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:12:48 PM »
I need help.
I Have problem with Trojan Horse Generic on my computer.
I can't remove it.

The moment I was seeing my computer got infected by some software malicious viruses i tryed to remove it immediately but I had no luck!
I installed Avg to see if I had any malicious viruses on my PC and there were Trojan Horse Generic.

I removed it with the same antivirus program but then I couldn't make my computer working again.

I was seeing only black screen.
I was trying to make it working by turning him off and on and it got started to work afer several times.
But now every time I am making my computer working I got message from antivirus AVG program that my computer still have Trojan on it.

This is really not funny to me at all.
I know what hackers are capable to accomplish with Trojan horses, spyware, hijackers and certain type of adware!

So now I need help by finding antivirus program which will full delete Trojan from my computer, without leaving some back door for hackers to do it again.

Does anyone knows any of it?! And is there anything I can do to protect my computer better?!

Thank you for you're help in advance!
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:16:29 PM by [Mia] »

Offline ronski

Re: Trojan Horse Generic
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:16:49 PM »
I need help.
I Have problem with Trojan Horse Generic on my computer.
I can't remove it.

The moment I was seeing my computer got infected by some software malicious viruses i tryed to remove it immediately but I had no luck!
I installed Avg to see if I had any malicious viruses on my PC and there were Trojan Horse Generic.

I removed it with the same antivirus program but then I couldn't make my computer working again.
I was seeing only black screen. I was trying to make it working by turning him off and on and it got started to work afer several time but now every time I am making my computer working I got message from antivirus AVG program that my computer still have Trojan on it.

This is really not funny to me at all.
I know what hackers are capable to accomplish with Trojan horses, spyware, hijackers and certain type of adware!

So now I need help by finding antivirus program which will full delete Trojan from my computer, without living some back door for hackers to do it again.

Does anyone knows any of it?! And is there anything I can do to protect my computer better?!

Thank you for you're help in advance!
back in the days when I was using windows there was a option to launch windows in Safe mode without internet connection. You were able to do it by launching the computer and hitting something like F8 or F12, can't remember it for sure. I guess there's now similar way to accomplish it and in safe mode your antivirus software might be able to remove it?

Mia Cop

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:22:58 PM »
back in the days when I was using windows there was a option to launch windows in Safe mode without internet connection. You were able to do it by launching the computer and hitting something like F8 or F12, can't remember it for sure. I guess there's now similar way to accomplish it and in safe mode your antivirus software might be able to remove it?

I never tryed to used my computer in safe mode and I had no any antivirus programs as well because I heard that computer is working faster without it and antivirus programs can also do harm to your computer so I had none.
But now I think that is better to have slower computer then running it without antivirus programs.
I want to buy one, the goood one.
I am not sure if hackers can get in to your computer if you are running it with safe mode?!

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:25:36 PM »
I never tryed to used my computer in safe mode and I had no any antivirus programs as well because I heard that computer is working faster without it and antivirus programs can also do harm to your computer so I had none.
But now I think that is better to have slower computer then running it without antivirus programs.
I want to buy one, the goood one.
I am not sure if hackers can get in to your computer if you are running it with safe mode?!
no the safe mode is a mode in what you really don't want to use your computer, it's meant for fixing things, not in daily use.

Mia Cop

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:30:12 PM »
no the safe mode is a mode in what you really don't want to use your computer, it's meant for fixing things, not in daily use.

Ah so, so you think that with safe mode I could delete all malicious malware on PC?!

What if I reinstall my Windows, there would not be any left of Trojan horse  in my PC?! What do you think?!

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:32:45 PM »
Ah so, so you think that with safe mode I could delete all malicious malware on PC?!

What if I reinstall my Windows, there would not be any left of Trojan horse  in my PC?! What do you think?!
I'm not very good help since the last time I was messing up with windows settings was with XP.. Back then formatting computer and installing new os was the key for every issue lol

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:33:57 PM »
I would suggest ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Works good on my desktop. There's a free trial and I wouldn't say I pay for it, personally.

Reinstalling Windows is the best solution if Antivirus can't take care of your problem. Usually reinstalling windows includes formatting your hard drive (i.e wiping it clean and starting completely fresh) so all the malware/virus along with all your personal documents and stuff would be gone.
You  can, of course make copies beforehand.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Mia Cop

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 14:46:49 PM »
I would suggest ESET NOD32 Antivirus. Works good on my desktop. There's a free trial and I wouldn't say I pay for it, personally.

Reinstalling Windows is the best solution if Antivirus can't take care of your problem. Usually reinstalling windows includes formatting your hard drive (i.e wiping it clean and starting completely fresh) so all the malware/virus along with all your personal documents and stuff would be gone.
You  can, of course make copies beforehand.

If I reinstall Windows Teddy, is it possible for hackers to get in again?!
I've done nothing positive for my computer if I let them to get in again and I'm not sure NOD32 could stop Trojan malware to visit my PC again.  :(

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 16:06:58 PM »
Keep an anti virus running and you will be protected from known threats, as long as you do not allow a  program detected as virus to run.
Avira is one of the best and it has a Free Version. Paid version I pick NOD32 as well.
https://www.avira.com.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Mia Cop

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 17:40:36 PM »
Keep an anti virus running and you will be protected from known threats, as long as you do not allow a  program detected as virus to run.
Avira is one of the best and it has a Free Version. Paid version I pick NOD32 as well.
https://www.avira.com.

I will reinstall Windows but first I need to do what Teddy told me, to make copies from all files from PC.
Honestly I am not happy to reinstall it because I would need to install all programs again on my computer and that takes time.
Then I will try with NOD32.
I hope then everything will be fixed.

Thank you for your help.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, December 04, 2016, 19:58:15 PM »
I will reinstall Windows but first I need to do what Teddy told me, to make copies from all files from PC.
Honestly I am not happy to reinstall it because I would need to install all programs again on my computer and that takes time.
Then I will try with NOD32.
I hope then everything will be fixed.

Thank you for your help.

Before you format,  refer to:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
or
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/forum/7-malware-removal-for-windows/

They should help you to remove this from your PC, read the Forum Sticky's before you post there. Good Luck.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Offline -TJ

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 06, 2016, 08:45:26 AM »
I would advice ESET/NOD32 also, works like a charm and saves a lot of time re-installing everything.

Mia Cop

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 13:56:53 PM »
Before you format,  refer to:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
or
https://forums.malwarebytes.org/forum/7-malware-removal-for-windows/

They should help you to remove this from your PC, read the Forum Sticky's before you post there. Good Luck.

Hi Possessed.

I had so more problems with PC but now everything is cleared.

I just don't understand 1 thing so maybe you can tell me where I made a mistake.

I downloaded Avira antivirus software on my PC.
Afterwards started problems.

My Internet connection were connected to modem without any flaws but in the same time I couldn't get into any browser anymore.
I was checking my internet connection several times and all was fine. But after installing Avira everything stoped to work normally.

I went to uninstalling Avira afterwards and I couldn't do it. Then I saw that Avira is installed with few of installation that I needed to uninstall it firs before I uninstall all Avira package.
(Didn't know about that seriously - was thinking that every antivirus software is coming in 1 package and if I delete original one every other tool will be deleted automatically with it)

Then I went to see if I will have the same problem while Avira was running on my PC - but with connection on internet everything was fine.

So my question is:

Why my internet connection were disabled while Avira was running on my PC even my internet connection were connected?!

And thank you for links, I like it very much.
I couldn't find Sticky's forum  :oops: but I read a lot from there and I cleaned my PC from Trojan. There are lots of things you can learn it while just reading those post from forum.

Thank you for all your help Possessed, I appreciate it very much.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 14:25:48 PM »
Perharps Avira disabled something malicious and that denied you from reaching the internet as usually.
Some trojans change a lot of settings, happens that an Anti-virus can clean it BUT, may not solve the problem beyond this, the user must take actions by it self, it sucks when you have no clue of what might be the cause lol, but there are procedures that might work.

by sticky I meant the Pinned topics on how to ask for help there lol, as you may have read, you shouldn't use some tools without their background, thats why ppl post there for help :D
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 14:31:17 PM by Possessed »

Mia Cop

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 11, 2016, 16:02:33 PM »
Perharps Avira disabled something malicious and that denied you from reaching the internet as usually.
Some trojans change a lot of settings, happens that an Anti-virus can clean it BUT, may not solve the problem beyond this, the user must take actions by it self, it sucks when you have no clue of what might be the cause lol, but there are procedures that might work.

by sticky I meant the Pinned topics on how to ask for help there lol, as you may have read, you shouldn't use some tools without their background, thats why ppl post there for help :D

Now you gave me the reason to check everything again. 
I was so happy to think I resolve Trojan issues and that there's no any part of it left.

Yeah, maybe I should contact them in bleepingcomputers about the problem but I already made damage if I was installed and uninstalled 3 antivirus software and I was trying to clean my PC with it. Great, so smart move I've done.

Thanks Possessed for everything!

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager