Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The ( unofficial ) America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!  (Read 7954 times)

Offline The Mentalist

The ( unofficial ) America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!
« on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 13:54:04 PM »
The America’s Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar: http://events.pamclan.com
Click here to see the latest addition to this topic without leaving this website.

( I’m hoping that the assist admins can provide me with an subdomain forward like events.aao25.com or aao25.com/events )

Just copy/past these lines in your reply in order to get your event published:
Code: [Select]
[b]Event Title:[/b]
[b]Event Date & Time ( EST ): [/b]
[b]Description: [/b]
[b]Contact E-Mail ( optional ):[/b]
[b]Images you want to display ( maximum 4 ):[/b]

An example. This reply:

Event Title: AA3 Ranch
Event Date & Time ( EST ):    20h EST
Description:    This evening, the _PAM_ clan will put their server on AA3 Ranch in order to play this map. Join at 20h ( EST ) in order to play this map. Only 1/7 rounds will be forceclassed. Our Teamspeak IP is ts.pamclan.com .
Contact E-Mail ( optional ): [email protected]
Images you want to display ( maximum 4 ): http://i61.tinypic.com/2ebg9qb.png

Becomes this:

This can become a succes, but only if there are a few clans or players who are willing to give it a shot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
I’m sure that all of us are happy that we are still able to play AA 2.5 thanks to the Assist team.

But I’m also sure that many of you are unsatisfied with the amount of players left in this game and the little choise of active maps in this game. If you like Bridge, Pipeline or SF Hospital, then you have no problem. But if you want to play some other maps, like Swamp Raid, Radio Tower or any other map, then you have only 2 options. Join one of the few existing clans and beg them to play that map with you, or join an empty server and wait for players to join.

You have to keep in mind that not all players are in contact with eachother. There are many days that people say “Oh, I love that map” or “Oh, sorry I missed that” when they see that I played a map they like the day before. But they were not online at that time, or were already playing on one of the Top 3 maps because all other servers were empty.

Vanoke noticed this problem a long time ago. That’s why he introduced “Big Clan Day” a while back. A weekly event with many participating clans in order to make sure that you’ll be able to play with lots of oter players on 4 ( less popular ) maps. And every week, it’s a succes. Why? Because players know it's going to happen, and they can see a detailled announcement every week.

So, at Sunday evening. No problem, from 20h to 23h EST, you’ll be able to experience some gameplay that you can not experience during the week. But what about the other 165 hours in the week?

At first, I thaught about introducing a smaller weekly event. For example, “Small Clan Day” with only 1 or 2 maps at Friday-evening. But then I would only copy an existing idea, and it would still not solve the problem for the rest of the week.

My second idea was to start a forum topic, just asking for players to announce when they are willing to play a certain map or a scrim. But this will become a total mess. Between all the quotes and replies, it will be impossible to keep track of upcoming events. If someone announces that they will play Extraction next week on Thursday, will you remember that a week later?

That’s why I’m introducing this event calendar.

The idea behind is very simple. I want this to be the place to be to check for upcoming events. Do you want to play a less popular map? Do you want to host a scrim? Then simply reply in this topic, and the event will get published.
This way, all you need to do is browse to http://events.pamclan.com and check if there are events you are willing to participate in. Maybe you see a map that you’ve wanted to play for a long time. Maybe you see an upcoming scrim and you want to participate without joining a clan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

Why can't I just post an event myself on the calendar?
- To avoid abuse.
- To keep players active on these forums.
- So that I can filter ( spelling errors ), add missing info and so that I can add meta-data so that it can be find by the site search-engine.

How long should I wait for players to join?
You have to wait at least 15 minutes. So don't announce an event on a certain map and leave after 5 minutes. Wait at least 15 minutes for players to join. Read your facebook, watch some youtube, etc... If I notice that certain players do not follow this rule, their events will no longer get published.

What about the time-slots?
A weekly event only announces the start-time. ( for example: 20h EST ) Your event can last as long as you want, but in order to make sure that multiple players or clans can host events on the same day, you can not reserve multiple hours. At least not for a weekly event. The only exeption is "Big Clan Day" because this is a weekly event that has been running for a long time, before the event calander was launched.

For a one-time event you can reserve up to 3 hours. ( for example: 20h-23h EST ) But as soon as you host the same one-time event every week, it no longer becomes a one-time event but a weekly event. This results in a post with only the start-time.  ( for example: 20h EST )

Should I reply in this topic every week for a weekly event?
No you do not, but it would be smart to do so. You would only be advertising for the event.
If you reply with a weekly event, it will get added for the upcoming 4 weeks. So there is no need to reply in this topic for those weeks. If you do not re-announce the event after the 4rd week, your event will no longer be published because then I assume it's discontinued. I do this to make sure the calander is not full with events that are no longer running.

If I announce an event, should I be there myself?
No. But you have to make sure that at least one participating player will join the event.

Do I have to be in a clan in order to get my event published?
No. That's the beauty of it. If you and a few friend(s) know that you're planning on scrimming Mountain Pass next Friday, you're free to reply in this topic and it will be published as an event. And if everything goes well, you and your friend will not have to play alone.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 25, 2015, 13:51:10 PM by The Mentalist »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: The America's Army 2.5 Assist Event Calendar!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 16:49:49 PM »
Good initiative. Although, I'm wondering if we should use a more... open calendar. Something regular Assist/AAO25 admins can use. We already have a Google account for YouTube and such, setting up a public Google Calendar is easy and I can set it up to be displayed on AAO25. I know this shoots down your idea and work but honestly, this is the first time I've seen interest in getting things organized.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:43:56 PM »
yes Spanky, do it. would help a lot.
good idea Jelle, but it should be not clan related - same as bcd

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:44:48 PM »
Good initiative. Although, I'm wondering if we should use a more... open calendar. Something regular Assist/AAO25 admins can use. We already have a Google account for YouTube and such, setting up a public Google Calendar is easy and I can set it up to be displayed on AAO25. I know this shoots down your idea and work but honestly, this is the first time I've seen interest in getting things organized.

Hey man, I was only a couple of hours work. And it was fun to refresh some php and html. If you can replace this or eaven improve it, then I'm all for it! But let me know if you're sure ok. Because I was planning on improving the layout and interface, but if you're going to replace it, then I'm not going to do that :)

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #4 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 17:51:08 PM »
yes Spanky, do it. would help a lot.
good idea Jelle, but it should be not clan related - same as bcd

Why should it be clan related? Half of the players that join my sessions are not in a clan. The goal is to increase activity, not to promote clans. So if players that are not in a clan want to organize an event, they should be free to do so. Most servers are stuck on one map, so you don't need to own a server to get together on a map.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 18:52:41 PM »
NOT clan related jelle. I mean like PM_.... or like PUF or like SWISS.
it should be like

aa25.com/event

my 2 cents

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #6 on: Friday, May 15, 2015, 21:07:47 PM »
Very nice idea

Lord-of-War  :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 03:59:20 AM »
NOT clan related jelle. I mean like PM_.... or like PUF or like SWISS.
it should be like

aa25.com/event

my 2 cents
+1
So you will not be disappointed for all your efforts and good intentions and a thought to help here.

I also want to tell you jelle, Clans do also wanne make mergendice to, to ther own clan and will stay on ther server. In BCD i was hoping that the total clan will join it for 3 hours a week, but  often you see them play  but in their own server, which I can understand if they have gast players and possible members they need to for various reasons.
You try to with this to grow to make your clan bigger and gif a good playground to others and together with your team like all clans are hoping to grow. that way merlin say do it under the name 25Assist !!

Ad the end clans will not play on your server but go to ther own server to do the same ( Grow and Gif a good time on ther favorite MAP ( `s ) .. Americans like PIpeline /  K K like bridge  ? PUF LIKE border  / SWISS like extraxtion.
There will always be competition. so do not fill the calender with only every day your idear your clan your server.
Big Clan Day is also not =PUF= its 25ASSIST and together all clans have the same level, and only that make BCD work and even then it hard to led it work.
the calender is a great idear yes !!

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 07:03:25 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 05:56:00 AM »

I love the idea. Would be great if it worked ...
Let me give it a try :)

Event Title: Friendly Scrim
Event Date & Time ( EST ):    Every monday at 20:00
Description:    Join the official Assist Teamspeak in order to organise a little fun-match with random teams and no hardcore competition. Looking for 7 players or more ! Maps can be decided together or picked randomly.
Contact E-Mail ( optional ): PM Ganja on the forums or get on the official Assist Teamspeak
Images you want to display ( maximum 4 ):

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 20:54:32 PM »
I also want to tell you jelle, Clans do also wanne make mergendice to, to ther own clan and will stay on ther server. In BCD i was hoping that the total clan will join it for 3 hours a week, but  often you see them play  but in their own server, which I can understand if they have gast players and possible members they need to for various reasons.
You try to with this to grow to make your clan bigger and gif a good playground to others and together with your team like all clans are hoping to grow. that way merlin say do it under the name 25Assist !!
1. When I first started playing again, i searched for an EU clan that plays different maps. I didn't have any desire of becoming a clanleader or a member in controll. Becides the SWISS clan, I was not able to find a clan who changes the map form time to time. The only problem is, I have high ping and lag on swiss server. I'm not saying that the SWISS servers are bad, because I asked around and other players from Belgium don't have lag. It's probably my ISP or my location. I think it's sad because I still think that SWISS is the #1 clan in playing different maps.

2. The main problem why I decided to found my own clan, is the power hungry admins. They want to enforce rules like "up only" or "main only" and change time settings so that other players are forced to rush. They want to increase the amount of rounds so that they can play longer with the same good weapon. They want SF mod because they can't play with M16. Etcc... As long as I've been running my server, I have not increased or decreased the time limit, forced players to play a certain way, changed the amount of rounds or swapped the map without using mapvoting. This is because I still beleave that the best servers, are the ones without people in control. The only thing I do is welcome new players, promote Big Clan Day and forceclass a gun from time to time, when players ask for it. But if they ask for "normal", I will stop forceclassing.

3. The only reason I recruit is because I noticed that it's needed in order to get regular visitors on the "Play Another Map" server. It's easyer for Swiss to fill up a server, if there are already 4 Swiss members online playing on it. But like I sad before, I have lag on their server and there are no other EU clans that actually play different maps every single day. But don't think I created the calendar in order to recruit for PAM.

4. I am not trying to make my own clan bigger with this. Do you see any PAM logo's on that website? Do you see any links to our website? Hey man, if you give me a domain-name or subdomain, I will eaven remove the "events.pamclan.com". I just created the short url so that it's easy to remember. I want to encourage HT, PUF and other EU clans to announce an event, so that I have no need to join my empty server, waiting for players to join. I invite all clans to at least try the calendar and I'll do my best to participate at every event and I'll encourage my members to participate aswell.

There will always be competition. so do not fill the calender with only every day your idear your clan your server.

Does there has to be? Really? Why can't we help eachother out. If PUF wants to do a border event, annnounce it, I'll try to join. If HT want's to do a breakout event, announce it, I'll join. I really don't care wich clan hosts the events. But if we work together,  and join eachothers servers, there can be full servers on different maps every day, just like on big clan day. But you're not willing to try it.

And where do you see me filling up the calander with events on my server? I don't mind hosting events on your server or any other server for that mather. If you can make sure that your server can be put on the map I want to play, it doesn't have to be on the PAM server.

Big Clan Day is also not =PUF= its 25ASSIST and together all clans have the same level, and only that make BCD work and even then it hard to led it work.

Vanoke, I really don't like to say this, and I'm pretty sure you will be very mad for posting this, but if you actually beleave that all clans have the same level of controll over big clan day, then you really don't know how much you need to be in controll. Big Clan Day is not =PUF=. But it is yours Vanoke, and you make sure to remind players and admins on a regular basis.

You attack admins if they don't follow your instruction. A few weeks ago you joined my teamspeak, asking me why I wasn't playing Big Clan Day. I was not playing anymore because my wife needed me, but you still saw me online at battletracker and you were mad because you thaugt I wass still playing on my own server. A few weeks later, you attack the Swiss clan because they didn't play by your rules. And not personally, you do it in the shoutbox and start a topic so that all AA players can read about it. You discontinued the 2nd EU server and you sad last Sunday that there is no need for a 2nd EU server. So you decide this for all other clans. Last week, 15 EU players had to play with high ping on the USA server because you wanted to support the 3 USA players that were online at that time. I checked battletracker. Only 3/18 players where form USA. A few days later, you requested full acces to the servers from HT because they had "Big Clan Day in the servername.  Player-admin rights should be enough to host Big Clan Day. Why do you need so much controll?

You'll probably be mad at me for weeks for posting this. But I'm only telling you the truth. I still respect you and everything you did and keep on doing for this community.

Why does anyone have to be in controll of a freakin calendar? The only thing I was planning on doing was copy/paste the replies in this topic. If SWISS or PUF hosts 9/10 events and I publish them all, why does someone else need admin acces to the calendar? Why do 10 clans need to be in controll of that? It's a calendar, that's all.

I think that all players should take a good hard look at this calendar, and see it for what it is. A simple public calendar that can be used by all clans and by players who are not in a clan! You don't need to be in a clan to share that you want to play a certain map at a certain time. The only thing that is required is a simple post in this topic.

It's so sad that I worked hard to come up with an idea to improve game-activity, and the first replies are all about who should be in controll of it and how it should be managed. Just reply with an event damnit!  :D

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:00:10 PM »
I love the idea. Would be great if it worked ...
Let me give it a try :)

Event Title: Friendly Scrim
Event Date & Time ( EST ):    Every monday at 20:00
Description:    Join the official Assist Teamspeak in order to organise a little fun-match with random teams and no hardcore competition. Looking for 7 players or more ! Maps can be decided together or picked randomly.
Contact E-Mail ( optional ): PM Ganja on the forums or get on the official Assist Teamspeak
Images you want to display ( maximum 4 ):

Finally, some initiative. I added it to the calendar! I hope that more replies like these follow! Make sure to announce the scrim every week. For now, I published it for the upcoming 4 weeks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 08:54:34 AM by Jelle Mees »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:03:39 PM »
wow, I am really impressed now!
I am not joking, I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

everybody doing a letter like this - is spending a lot of time and brain, to do good things to this game. respect jelle, respect. for sure you have mine.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:20:49 PM »
wow, I am really impressed now!
I am not joking, I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

everybody doing a letter like this - is spending a lot of time and brain, to do good things to this game. respect jelle, respect. for sure you have mine.

I beleave you as soon as you announce an event that i can publish.   :D And i'll  join if I can! Also if I'm lagging! Your clan is open for many maps, and if you announce it days up front, 'll sure that you'll get a full server.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:37:53 PM »
Just added another event:

[HT] is hosting "Raid Night" this Friday. ( 22/05 ) We will play all "Raid" maps this evening.

19h-20h: Swamp Raid
 20h-21h: JRTC Farm Raid
 21h-22h: HQ Raid

Server: [HT]-HERO-TURTLES s4

Weapon slots are closed, no forceclassing, no forced teamswaps! Just oldschool gameplay! :)

Everyone is welcome on our teamspeak-server: 193.111.140.245

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, May 17, 2015, 07:22:43 AM »
Posted it as a locked news article so more people would see it.
Still refered to this topic for discussion

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager