Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Quickswap "bug"  (Read 7836 times)

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Quickswap "bug"
« on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 08:09:48 AM »
@ronski: I don't need translation - especially from English to English... btw. I have specially dedicated gaming room with Surround system in it, so I'm not using headphones neither.

If we COULD fix it, we would. But banning people for using it when it can also happen per accident is a no-go.
It's not about banning but fixing the problem. I don't know to what extent can you modify that game, but putting simple condition / check (in every executable function like jump, prone etc.) for Pawn.Weapon.IsInState BringUp or PutDown should do the trick - this will block its execution ...
... or more realistically: in addition call Pawn.DropWeapon - as above plus will force to drop current weapon.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 03:09:37 AM by Koden »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ronski

Re: Re: Spanky`s dissapearing way!
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 08:31:55 AM »
well.. just wanted to say it before some takes the sentence too seriously..

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »
Spanky is a top lad in this community, one of the best admins, you won't see people like him in this community. His the only one who listens and understands.I been here for years and people like koden, killaman or even teddy gives a bad atmosphere to this forum. It's hard to find good american ppl sadly. Basically most assist admins are american's and it's a shame,european people are much nicer but hey i wont go deeper into this discussion unless you want me to go that way.

You probably like spanky the most cause he's the 1 that gave u a 2nd chance playing again,

Like killa Saud don't like it go away , pretty simple

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 12:05:48 PM »
Speaking of having advantage over others, give me working flashes too instead of these water balloons that I throw. I'm dreaming of a day where there are no flashes on this game :D

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 13:42:29 PM »
@Ganja: You're such a hypocrite ...

... guys, stop feeding the trolls.
Would you?

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:12:03 PM »
What? It _never_ happened to me, I must be playing game the wrong way. But at the same time I sometimes get shakes for other weird bugs that I have no idea about. So for me quickswap and the things that cause shakes fall into the same category.
You've never accidentally fallen off of a ledge high enough to put your gun down while reloading? That's quick swap. Quick swap is a poor term for it as it isn't only a problem for swapping weapons, that's just what it is used for most of the time. In reality, it's the act of one shorter animation replacing a longer one by initiating right after/simultaneously.

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 21, 2015, 16:36:11 PM »
I must be playing game the wrong way.
You clearly want to understand everything in wrong way, or just the way you want to. Humor might be totally new word for you or everything is just too serious when it doesn't come out from your mouth.

It's okay - you don't have to agree what others think and vice versa. But there above is a line of yours that we can all agree with you.

edit: </offtopic>

can this thread either be closed or brought back to its topic?

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Quickswap "bug"
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:34:39 AM »
This forum works in mysterious way ... I didn't started originally this thread but so be it ...

... but there is something weird ... Thread starts with Quickswap "bug" and ends can this thread either be closed ...

... someone really does not like the idea of fixing this bug.
Would you?

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 07:38:38 AM »
This forum works in mysterious way ... I didn't started originally this thread but so be it ...

... but there is something weird ... Thread starts with Quickswap "bug" and ends can this thread either be closed ...

moved messages from topic to another and some deleted ones from middle of others are confusing a lot.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 11:49:37 AM »
LOL. whats the average of this game player base again?

You might as well fix wall hack bug, sound bugs, fps frame bugs and other content which assist admins don't know about since they dont play a game. BTW maybe also fix invisibility bug in hospital esc floors and ambush roof, cheers for listening.

Lol ganja, you poor boy no need to feed trolls lol.
I do know about them, thank you, doesn't mean that it's possible to fix it with current knowledge.

Are you going to bring more as flame?

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

Nothing misterious about this. I noticed Ronski message, and thought it was a good idea, so i splitted the  thread to keep the original discussion on one and the discussion about fastswap on the other. Besides, that statement you mentioned from Ronski is only the last phrase in his post, and as i usually don't edit posts unless there's really a reason for it, i kept it like that. The reason why you see some posts with "Quickswap "bug"" as title and a few ones with another title is because i was in a hurry and i forgot to change the post titles as a whole when splitting the thread (i modified yours because at least it will show the topic title correctly).

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »
Once again, everyone...please stay on topic. For god sake. And just realize that if something was going to be easy to fix, it would have already been.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 22, 2015, 13:59:48 PM »
ahahahahahha koden

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 01:19:10 AM »
If something is used by maybe most players, and it doesnt actually make anyone gain huge unfair advantage, its part of the game. Game is people who play it, they make the game. Americas Army is just a platform for players to play the game. What is the aim of aa2, it also depends on that. It cannot be realistic, if some1 wants more realistic game, theres for example aapg. Is aa2 ment to be fun in its own, original way? I think so.

Personally I like quickswap. It has been there for long time. I dont use it to gain advantage, because I expect others to do it also as it is easy to do. I use it to make the boring animation quicker, and to be on same level with others.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 03:30:49 AM »
If something is used by maybe most players, and it doesnt actually make anyone gain huge unfair advantage, its part of the game. Game is people who play it, they make the game. Americas Army is just a platform for players to play the game.
Well, to be honest, it does give a rather significant advantage.
For example, in certain situations where you hear another guy take out a flash, if there was no quickswap you could storm him without fearing he'd quickswap back to his gun before you come around the corner.

I agree with the 2nd part - the players make the game. However, not all the players are in agreement on quickswap.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 23, 2015, 03:33:44 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager