Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Radio Reports  (Read 6619 times)

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

Radio Reports
« on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 07:48:24 AM »
Hello Everyone, I'm very suspicious about-if it's posibble to change radio reports to more realistic?  Like for example
''Lets move out guys-or move out guys or more realistic more if it's posibble tho. It would change the feel in using reports because many people don't even use them in the game.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Radio Reports
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »
hmm
sounds can be replaced, I think i-game text can't.

waste of time IMO, replacing sounds would enlarge assist update/s and that's out of question(right?).
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
The game needs improvement, not just making new maaps...by doing this it would be a good start off.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 11:19:26 AM »
some can't be done because we haven't the game code.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »
We've discussed changing sounds before, but a lot of people complain and say it isn't neccesary. So we put those kind of changes towards the end of the list. It may or may not happen, it up to you to convince other players it would be a good idea.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »

Offline ^^UnDiSpUtEd^^

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 12:56:46 PM »
The game will get bored if it stays like that, changes needs to be done, textures and all that so 2.5 can improve, obviously 2.5 community hasn't got masters in coding but the community of aa25 should have at least couple. This could be done by advertising for staff in coding. I think there is enough maap that is in progress and community needs to start develop on the version than on any other new map. I think it would be also a good idea that you do features of whats coming next in the next update. I also would like to know if the game is still trying to develop into a realistic game like the real army or just a fun america's army. I think you guys the community admins need more staff to help you in coding and other stuff. It would be a good idea if you could advertise for the job of AA. Radio reports are important as in real army. I compare this game to the real army as it was made to be like it. 2.5 is an old version and doesn't have those good changes to the game, textures,graphics but we can all try and advertise to find a right man to do that. Also I think this community maybe would like to contact previous devs and ask for the codes that would help in editing something. As they don't work on this they should let you use those codes. The idea is that radio reports are very important. Sure people can come and give ideas or opinions but in my thought it is important and it is in first list:)

More staff would help the community:)
And what I said is very important. I won't be mad if i get abused just saying my opinion as previous devs tried to do best in develop the game into the realistic but it seems that they really rushed into new versions.
Why you guys not be like them and not rush and develop into a good experienced game. I know it will be struggle for people with old pc's but it's a good chance to start doing it. A lot of people crash computers because of the big lags. But when you guys start really develop into a better game? In mean time this game will get bored but hope i can enjoy playing it all my life:) hehe

Peace and Out

Offline Maxbulldog_53

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 14:04:56 PM »
The only problem with what you want to do is that nobody here is getting paid to do anything. It might be difficult to find more staff for coding because it would just be something they would have to do in their spare time. Who is going to want to code a whole new version of a dead game for nothing? Also graphics wise AA never really improved until AA3. AA has always used the UnrealEngine 2 (until aa3 obv) and all they did in the updates was work out some of the bugs. To make a whole new version of the game would take a great deal of time. As you can see the mAAp updates that are done take a good amount of time. I think the game itself is fine and maybe a little update here or there such as the digital camo switch is cool. As far as changing gameplay goes I dont think its going to happen.
I need teepee for my bunghole!

Xfire----maxifymecaptain

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1696/mouseyo.gif[/img]

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 14:37:50 PM »
^^UnDiSpUtEd^^ you have a fantastic attitude. Jonny wouldn't have left if all players thought like you did. Unfortunately, you're in a very small minority (but I'm with you).

The game could use a graphics update along with sound, HUD, code and more. The problem is, we've tried things in the past. Take a look in the mAAp forum, there's a few discussions and polls where players RAGED about something as simple as player uniforms being upgraded to digital camo. I even suggested importing AA3 sounds and that was an amazing discussion. We're bound by so much that we can't do anything that the community wouldn't want, otherwise we're killing the game.

Your best bet is to come up with small, simple ideas yourself and start a poll. See if it's possible and worthwhile for us to do it and see if the community would want it. If both are yes, we'll go after it.

Aside from that, mAAp severely needs an update, it's been needing one since February. It's going to take time because there's only 1 person in control of Assist and he's not sitting around on his ass waiting for us to finish work, he's got a life and a busy one at that.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 15:08:54 PM »
The game will get bored if it stays like that

Well I really can't agree with that. How many years it has survived omfg, stop trying to make it better or worse, people playing nowadays like how it is and I bet 90% of the community are conservatists

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 15:12:52 PM »
People don't play AA because it's a new and improving game, they play AA because they have for a long time. Nobody wants anything to change. They don't want to learn new maps, instead they want to whore the same old ones. Anything big we do would cause a shitstorm in the community. We can't risk losing any more players. Not to mention a lot of changes mentioned (updated graphics and code) would need some serious dedication, dedication nobody currently has for a game with such a small playerbase.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 15:21:36 PM »
It's wierd. I remember in 2008, or maybe 2009 people was still asking for updating and improving the game. I mean, a lot of people used to ask for changes back then. Maybe what's left of it is an hard core base that keeps playing only the same game in the same way, that can't accept changes. Sooner or later they will leave aswell as things move on and world evolves, the game might evolve by some degree but if things stay this way it won't.

It's also true that improving the game in its parts would require time. But community support and feedback is what is mainly needed, otherwise it's really about improving the game for us only. Which might happen to be enjoyable but only worthy to itself.

P.s. if you want an example of an old game still being widely supported and backed by the community look at Killing Floor (it also happens to be made on a quite similar version of the Unreal engine).
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 15:28:56 PM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 21:50:16 PM »
Don't forget, it isn't that we can't make new and exciting content and visuals for the game, it is because we don't have a license for an old $500,000 game engine.

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 22:41:05 PM »
The game will get bored if it stays like that
im sorry but this is where i stopped reading. boring? seriously? this game has been out for how many years? if this game was boring, no one would still be playing it.

EDIT: just read further and Ganja and I are on teh same page hahah
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 22:42:50 PM by Jason »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 16, 2012, 23:07:37 PM »
im sorry but this is where i stopped reading. boring? seriously? this game has been out for how many years? if this game was boring, no one would still be playing it.

I agree with him that it's boring. The gameplay is stale and so are the players. Same boring map for 50 rounds in a row, you know exactly where the enemy is coming from, they know where you are. Nobody plays as a team and there's shitty tactics.

I've seen other posts where people just hate the gameplay and get tired of AA, especially when comparing it to other games. It's not just me, it's why there's only 150 or so people on at any given time. It's a game for the minorities, the whores, the kids, the glitchers. There would be more people playing if the game had better features and a better player base.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager