Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Permanent ban doesn't work  (Read 1251 times)

Offline kimchi

Permanent ban doesn't work
« on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Hey guys, Just a question... if I try to give someone permanent ban on NICK name it works but if i do the same thing for IP it always changes for nick name... I can only do for 1 month, permanent doesn't work (for IP) same with MAC address any idea where is the problem? Did try admin console  also commands...
 actually I hardly needed ... but anyway wondering why it doesn't work..
thx

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent ban doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 19:04:26 PM »
Hey guys, Just a question... if I try to give someone permanent ban on NICK name it works but if i do the same thing for IP it always changes for nick name... I can only do for 1 month, permanent doesn't work (for IP) same with MAC address any idea where is the problem? Did try admin console  also commands...
 actually I hardly needed ... but anyway wondering why it doesn't work..
thx

banning by names, any 1 can come back in with another acct or just change the name and is anle to rejoin
ip bans are the best way to go
atleast thats how i would ban em, screw banning em by the name, find there current ip and be done with em

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 19:11:01 PM »
The best idea way to ban is ban for MAC adress.

Lazy and low losers won't check Google for sure :D
Ban by name = another account
Ban by IP = sometimes router restart is enough

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 19:20:58 PM »
The best idea way to ban is ban for MAC adress.

Lazy and low losers won't check Google for sure :D
Ban by name = another account
Ban by IP = sometimes router restart is enough

lol too easy to change mac address, any how if a player wants around a ban, very easy to change ip and mac address

we'll atleast i could if i really wanted to fuck with them lol, only take 30 seconds to get new ip * mac

Offline R[-.^@XE^

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 30, 2012, 19:47:37 PM »
There is no sure fire way to ban a user, the best option once a user is banned is to search chat logs for identifiers to the return of the user.

This is a small community that makes it hard for them to hide for ever, if you after after a way to ban via name, IP, Mac you need to do it via the game console not the admin console as this fails at times.

I created an excel doc that creates a txt file with the info i need to ban a player, all you need in you text file is this.

My file is called Ban

Admin Ban Username 0 Name
Admin Ban Username 0 IP
Admin Ban Username 0 MAC

I copy the name from Assist then all you need to do if you store your file in your system folder is open console and type exec ban.txt

Then all 3 bans are placed at once.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager