Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: LOW FPS  (Read 2071 times)

Offline [K][K].187

LOW FPS
« on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
SO   i purchased a new pc and was hoping to solve my issues well it did solve all but 1...

now i have low low low  FPS    i have a moving non stable fps 60-90 then when smoke on bridge  i get 15-25 and cant move...  i tried all different settings not sure whats up ?  any help ?
amd processor fx  tm 4300 quad core  3.8 ghz
 8 gb ram
windows 7  64 bit

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: LOW FPS
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 12:19:06 PM »
Does your new computer have a graphics card? One usually needs one of those for gaming. Although better integrated cards might run AA, they're not the best for it.

In other words, more specifics about your computer would be a good start.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 13:50:29 PM »
lmao  yes its a gaming pc 
AMD Radeon R7 250 card

all info i posted im sure was enough to tell you how good it was sorry i did  miss the info on the gCARD
lol...      not sure what other DETAILS you want ?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 13:52:36 PM by [K][K].187 »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 14:29:05 PM »
lmao  yes its a gaming pc 
AMD Radeon R7 250 card

all info i posted im sure was enough to tell you how good it was sorry i did  miss the info on the gCARD
lol...      not sure what other DETAILS you want ?
Well, I meant, for example whether or not it's a laptop or a tabletop.
Since the parts you mentioned go on a tabletop, I'll assume it's that.

From what I've gathered, the R7 250 is hardly a graphics card one would call a gaming machine's card, however it should have not trouble running AA2.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your graphics card?

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline CS-ACI-

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 01:14:15 AM »
Hello,

It is also worth checking to see if your machine is doing anything in the back ground.

Lots of games now install "launcher" software, such as GTA which can eat 50% of resources even when you are using a different Windows profile. I know this from the machine I use now, my nephew plays GTA and is launched through the RockStar launcher, when I am on my profile and he has not logged off 50% of CPU is still being used by an aplication that should not be able to do that.

Steve

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 07, 2015, 01:22:38 AM »
Hello,

It is also worth checking to see if your machine is doing anything in the back ground.

Lots of games now install "launcher" software, such as GTA which can eat 50% of resources even when you are using a different Windows profile. I know this from the machine I use now, my nephew plays GTA and is launched through the RockStar launcher, when I am on my profile and he has not logged off 50% of CPU is still being used by an aplication that should not be able to do that.

Steve

I remember GTA IV having that issue, but I do believe they dropped the launcher later on.

But checking for other activity is obviously a good idea.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager