Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Porting AI to 2.5 (Lost topic mergendice)  (Read 10615 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Re: Porting AI to 2.5 (Lost topic mergendice)
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 15:34:46 PM »
Its an idear. that we can puth in our pocket for the future. If Assist i hope goes on for a long time.

I will puth a test into this forum, to look what players will spend on a nice map.
Hope people will gif a serius reacton a game in the shop is i think around 30 till 60 euro so look ad this game movies and they judge to tactical gaming and graphic image: 

Vanoke  map 1   15,euro
              map 2   25 euro

1 - >>> 

2 - >>>  this map is whit bots but whitout it and  50 slots you get players back!

At this time I will not do any work on adding AI to 25Assist

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 15:37:40 PM »
Vanoke brings up a point that I've had for quite a while. Since AA was made over 10 years ago and hardware/Internet has changed so much since then... I think it would be great to bump player slots up from 26 to 32 or even higher. It's EASILY done in the editor and all the maps could be changed in a couple hours or less. The only issue is, how to balance the teams out when adding new player slots.

Before anyone says, 32 slots will not lag out the engine. UT2004 allowed 32 slots default. I feel we could maybe even do 34 or 36 but it's something that needs to be tested on a map-per-map basis.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 15:58:03 PM »
I would be happy if border gets more slots.   ........And a ladder!
Negative effect is you suck other game maps empty.
I wood say gif not the populair maps more slots, than you make the adder maps in game more intresting. 

Vanoke brings up a point that I've had for quite a while. Since AA was made over 10 years ago and hardware/Internet has changed so much since then... I think it would be great to bump player slots up from 26 to 32 or even higher. It's EASILY done in the editor and all the maps could be changed in a couple hours or less. The only issue is, how to balance the teams out when adding new player slots.

Before anyone says, 32 slots will not lag out the engine. UT2004 allowed 32 slots default. I feel we could maybe even do 34 or 36 but it's something that needs to be tested on a map-per-map basis.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 16:11:37 PM »
We can port Snakeplain with Assault/Defence quite easily if there's enough interest in it.
Well Snakeplain wouldn't have the driveable Hummers though.

And I do believe we have a version of Interdiction (only the inside bit) already.

With the map being so huge, without the Hummers, it would only make sense to port the center fortress and I'm not sure if it would be playable that way.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 21, 2014, 22:40:41 PM »
snakeplain would be cool to come back, but just like aa3 map it wont be played so wouldn't be worth your guys time investing to get it up just for a couple people

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 08:32:14 AM »
Exemple what would you have chosen to puth into the Assist game  Snakeplain  ore FLC Assault .
I know what is better for the game. FLC Assault  is not ad all attractieve .better game maps and more maps makes people stay.

snakeplain would be cool to come back, but just like aa3 map it wont be played so wouldn't be worth your guys time investing to get it up just for a couple people
« Last Edit: Friday, August 22, 2014, 08:36:09 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #21 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
At this time I will not do any work on adding AI to 25Assist

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
We know Ganje we are looking into the future. And spanky about the slots to 36 i wood try to do River Village good map needs a upgrade, ore Courtyard would be hooah!  . and cooperating  between clans.
Make a RiverVillage day !!!!! on plan board, and meaby we must make for  all nice game maps a day that clan s know it so they go into  that map to fill up  !!!! :up:
« Last Edit: Friday, August 22, 2014, 10:46:59 AM by Vanoke »

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 12:01:27 PM »
Yeah Vanoke, maybe convince Spanky to make 36 slot pipeline and hospital... It would be fun to play against 18 main pump campers and todays majority of community will be happy :D

I really wonder why people non stop come up with fckd up ideas of other maps and so on when only 3 maps are being played now.

Try hq raid or swamp raid with 32 slots... you wont fck this up more when you add some nades on hq  :down:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #24 on: Friday, August 22, 2014, 12:22:12 PM »
I don't get it either why some people would like more maps while there's only 3 played ... Waste of time for the admins

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 00:31:41 AM »
I don't get it either why some people would like more maps while there's only 3 played ... Waste of time for the admins

INDEED VERY TRUE

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 06:43:56 AM »
LIttle game talk.!!
So the words progress or better say something, with better maps you make assist attractive . I think the old not playing public did already understand that assist can have some help they did get possible a little  bored only we oldies led this game run , they also stay away because what you say only 3 /  7 maps are constantly played.  Is that because these maps are the only good maps .  I think yes and no: yes we prove it we are playing only those  maps.>>>> and No because if we planning a schedule that atleast 1 server is played with 26 guys with help of clan members that are a little organised in clans   every sundays and ore Wednesday evening 24 /27 august its Bunker Crisis / s water treatment day  31 / 3  august, sept.  its AA3 stronghold  /  Dusk day 7 /10 september Mountain ambuse  /   Steamroller day and so on.

But i do understand if you puth  FLC Assault ore simulair maps i will not come anymore those are maps are after 3 times very  bored. 

I am happy that my map is well played Border in SF and in Classic becose we quip it alive. other clans keep there  maps populair  . We had a player GeorgeMac in our clan that likes Radio Tower very much but only whit our help it did get a little populair becose we helpt him on monday its Radio tower time / Now we have whit GcC clan Classic Border  on monday.  Now there is a guy wind danser he loves Radio Tower and he needs players  (A clan that like Radio Tower )  if that map is not played he will go. and you don t see him anymore.

There is nothing wrong to cut out some bad maps and place new better maps to make Assist populair under the young and and old aa publiek, but if we all stay on our map not must will change.  And clans can make a diffrent , they have contact to ther members .

About the slots in game i did talk to rais the slots of that real big coop map Highland if it hopefuly in the future to assist but that is a wet dream off a lot players that know this map.  That spanky understand that this can be interesting for some maps now in assist is i can understand if you play respawn you get a little the same effect and that was populair in the 2.8.5 game time GCS clan was constant FULL.
If the Border gets 36 players and the rest not i know what happend  it get more attractive.
Maby new players stay because the fun, and action.  If all maps have it you can say all maps get more interesting.   you only need to talk about all maps must be played  ( only FLC Assault Brrrrrr)   

Greetings Vanoke

« Last Edit: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 08:20:06 AM by Vanoke »

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 17:32:33 PM »

I personally think 26 is too big.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 18:06:05 PM »
Still dont change the fact that something is seriously fucked up with coding in AA which makes all the big servers lag like hell, despite what hardware or internet you're on, This is what has lead up to people actually beliving that others peoples ping effect them in servers,

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, August 23, 2014, 20:01:20 PM »
i would do the opposite. make playerslots smaller, more crowded servers, maybe more maps are played.
as someone stated already, pipeline is unplayable with 26 slots. ass team has no chance to get in the building and gets rushed all the time, then players leave the server.
most of the maps are not construed for more than 20 slots. even hospital is no fun with all these 203's flying around...
smaller servers would even help new players to get in the game, etc etc

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager