Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Login to AA  (Read 107371 times)

Offline Krle05

Login to AA
« on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 06:04:08 AM »
Hi guys!
I'm new here, to this site. I've seen that basicly only this group of players are still playing AA2.
I've played this game since idk.. 2005? and played it last in 2012.
So, i downloaded it yesterday and i have problems with logging into the AA (my username and password are correct), but it says that it seems to be problem in maintenance.. link (http://login.americasarmy.com/views/maintenance_recon.html)
btw, i have downloaded 2.8.3 ..
I really want to play with you and hope that you guys know the resolution to my problem.
Thank you and sorry for maybe bad english!

Offline ronski

Re: Login to AA
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 06:35:10 AM »
Download Assist (version 2.5 ) from this website, there's Downloads-link at top navigation panel in between of Forum and Servers page links, choose your platform and install Assist

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 31, 2016, 09:09:27 AM »
Like ronski said, you need to download 25Assist from this website in order to play online with other people.

The US Army dropped official support for AA2 back in December 2011. Now the game is run by this community here with the help of battletracker.com.

While the game itself eventually went up to version 2.8.5, we're using 2.5 for a number of reasons:
  • It has support for linux/mac as well (later versions did not)
  • At the time the official support was dropped, there was already a working system for 2.5
  • There have been numerous attempts to move to 2.8.5 but they have failed

All in all, we do have most of the features ported to 2.5 that were introduced in later versions.
These include (but are not limited to):
  • Situation Awareness Indicator (SAI) or "minimap"
  • Shorter flashbang effects
  • Maps from later versions

PS.
You have linked your BT account to your forum account. You can use the exact same details to log in to Assist as you do when logging in to battletracker.com .
For you that is "impreza_33" as UserName (not to be confused with PlayerName - the name seen in game) and whatever your password is there.

Welcome back and hope you get to play again soon!
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline elemerbp

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 14:20:06 PM »
Hi guys!
For a week now the majority of the PUF servers (only) are offline in Assist.
I uploaded a screenshot here : http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ufzjsy&s=9#.WDyDCbmLWoY
This is the message i get everytime I try to join.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 28, 2016, 17:21:38 PM »
I know the server did get a new IP and looks like some players cant join like Lord of war Germany and remote Cntr. from Romania 
Looks like some  have difficulty to get in , its weard but a lot other can join and play .  can it be that its in assist main server wrong.
I know long time ago I was not able to get in portugees server of my clan long time ago and it was a country problem that was solft after a month .  but ok assist are you ther to react   

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager