Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Fight the DDoS attacks  (Read 85565 times)

Offline eddie-

• View Profile
Re: Fight the DDoS attacks
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 22:18:49 PM »
yes i do know that eddie, i will call them tomorrow :). it is easy to grap your ip, put it on ip locator and - bingo. the provider is showing up.
btw: what did you rent, vps or dedicated ? :)
  vps

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 05:09:02 AM »
=PUF=   is also thinking of stopping this game till doss stops and ther is a decent Admin controll becose it looks like Assist they don`t care about this game anymore.
Its understandable yes. But think about this if you run a public game and no reaction ore good support / feedback anymore it feels like get throwing us for dinner for the wolves
than its no fun for others that have the doss attacks ( small group is controlling this game I am sure) 
From Eliz site no comment.
Spanky not possitieve about this.
Sergio is out and see this as history.
Nike rent  servers and want to be the last standing man in aa army nothing more nothing less.
And SOME other admins they can say I have a tittle but its a sad tittle I would not carry it with pride.
If you think you don`t like this and not realy think its your think anymore clean this GHOSTSHIP and get out hand it over to some mature players that still like this game.  ( when they are around that's the difficult part)

What happened in his website how people set other players in bad daylight,
talking shit words and in my opinion no ban is giving to people who making this game to a kids playground.
is asking for a reaction but no, its sad I would cute all the shit out to make this website a nice place agan
were tolerance is on a good high level.
Also: 
I have my thinking were this doss is coming from because one un controlled move from the doss man. I did
gif message to assist admins about this, but they are incompeted to react to this. I would test it out but I am no admin of this game my hand are tied up like a lot old and new players that did play and try this game and see the way it works here.   
Maybe this writing is wake up you guys out of your winter sleep ( but  i doubt it )
I would not say this game is dead like merlin say but he will sure think also this community  can be better.
1 - Startup to ban shit ore delete shout box it does do not good to this game led the shit stay in site the servers.
2 - ....... I missed the reaction to test out the Doss problem I did sent to assist admins.
3 - it was not always good in the past but I miss the old days,  we did know we need each other.
You did send me information in a private message.
That information included:
"In my opinion XXX is Ddossing. Ban them." and links to their BT accounts.

Do you really expect me to take that seriously? If tomorrow someone sends me a message "I think Vanoke DDoS'es - ban him" should I also ban you?
You stated your opinion based on no proof. In all honesty, it felt like whining more than anything else.

As for the topic at hand, sounds like a good initiative. And like Merlin already said, we can't protect private servers from attacks. Possessed did what he could to make sure the server itself doesn't crash every time an attack takes place but that's about as far as we can go.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 06:48:57 AM »
You did send me information in a private message.
That information included:
"In my opinion XXX is Ddossing. Ban them." and links to their BT accounts.

Do you really expect me to take that seriously? If tomorrow someone sends me a message "I think Vanoke DDoS'es - ban him" should I also ban you?
You stated your opinion based on no proof. In all honesty, it felt like whining more than anything else.

As for the topic at hand, sounds like a good initiative. And like Merlin already said, we can't protect private servers from attacks. Possessed did what he could to make sure the server itself doesn't crash every time an attack takes place but that's about as far as we can go.
ther is nothing wrong to ban them from shoutbox teddie and its weard no doss attack for one clan and the rest constant explain that . if they can stop way cant we were was the solution assist is under attack but now also privit servers trow assist shoutbox you know my story about Blei. and the link are to say were my trust goose to . not them.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 07:32:59 AM »
and teddy it was a privit message that you puth now in the open
G.J  was nice if you did sent p.m. back furst

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 14:37:04 PM »
I will give some more informations about a possible solution after 2-3 days. we are ongoing with searching  - and not that far away :)

Offline 8ARNES

• View Profile
  • AA: 8ARNES
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 16:04:59 PM »
Ich bin ebenfalls dabei ;)

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 17:18:36 PM »
Just let the game rest in peace with the few dignity that is left... seems to me that you all like to piss against the wind every single day.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 17:19:25 PM »
and teddy it was a privit message that you puth now in the open
G.J  was nice if you did sent p.m. back furst
You're the one who brought it out into the open. I've posted no details about anything you messaged me.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 11:44:27 AM »
first step done today, a good protected server is ours :). hope around weekend some new clan servers are running then.

Offline 8ARNES

• View Profile
  • AA: 8ARNES
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 18:54:49 PM »
Das hört sich doch schon mal gut an :)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 18:57:40 PM »
Whats it called?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 25, 2017, 02:13:40 AM »
looks like doss gets to the protected server down .wAa on shoutbox . ???  tell me tbe story.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, October 26, 2017, 14:07:36 PM »
a really powerfull server is now on the way to get some clan servers running. FixJamFactory, Noobs under Fire and SWISS will give a try on it. would be nice to have some players jumping on. very very fast, best you can get so far. if it will work, i can give - to some of you - the datas of the data center where you can rent this kind of server for a fair price. give me time until tomorrow, maybe Saturday

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, October 26, 2017, 17:03:57 PM »
 :up:

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, October 26, 2017, 17:32:22 PM »
Good man Merlin
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager