Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Fight the DDoS attacks  (Read 85560 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Fight the DDoS attacks
« on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 09:52:36 AM »
First of all i would like to find out, who and how many of you all would like to join the following idea:

Almost all of us have dedicated servers running - around 70 of them. Some of us have to pay for those servers, some of us not because they are home made servers; they are not hosted in a datacenter.

As we did all see, there is almost no way to fight the DDoS attacks - as we do run the servers like now.
But there is one way to get around of that shit. The solution is to rent a DDoS protected server at a datacenter which is protected against those attacks. I did speak with some of the owners and we could do it (some do say it could be a challenge).
So the idea is to stay together - to rent a bit of this protected hardware/software TOGETHER. Then the costs will be as low as it is now, but then we have some protected servers. So we can still run different servers with different maps on it as well as we can name our own servers. Sounds not that bad i guess, right?

As another step i would like to hear from you what you think about this. In NA -  soon i guess - will start running some of those kind of servers, but not in Europe. So, if interested in this, post below what you think about it and what you could spend for this (first we have to find a datacenter provider who is able to run such servers). And for sure any help is very welcome. From my side, i would spend 40$ every month for this - if it would work.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Fight the DDoS attacks
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 13:30:07 PM »
harley, are waa servers ddos-protected?

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 16:40:41 PM »
I will pay into that. On top of that the people that some rent servers from are doping sweet fanny adams for anyone any ways.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline eddie-

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 20:40:12 PM »
YES WAA SERVER PROJECTAD

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 07:21:24 AM »
=PUF=   is also thinking of stopping this game till doss stops and ther is a decent Admin controll becose it looks like Assist they don`t care about this game anymore.
Its understandable yes. But think about this if you run a public game and no reaction ore good support / feedback anymore it feels like get throwing us for dinner for the wolves
than its no fun for others that have the doss attacks ( small group is controlling this game I am sure) 
From Eliz site no comment.
Spanky not possitieve about this.
Sergio is out and see this as history.
Nike rent  servers and want to be the last standing man in aa army nothing more nothing less.
And SOME other admins they can say I have a tittle but its a sad tittle I would not carry it with pride.
If you think you don`t like this and not realy think its your think anymore clean this GHOSTSHIP and get out hand it over to some mature players that still like this game.  ( when they are around that's the difficult part)

What happened in his website how people set other players in bad daylight,
talking shit words and in my opinion no ban is giving to people who making this game to a kids playground.
is asking for a reaction but no, its sad I would cute all the shit out to make this website a nice place agan
were tolerance is on a good high level.
Also: 
I have my thinking were this doss is coming from because one un controlled move from the doss man. I did
gif message to assist admins about this, but they are incompeted to react to this. I would test it out but I am no admin of this game my hand are tied up like a lot old and new players that did play and try this game and see the way it works here.   
Maybe this writing is wake up you guys out of your winter sleep ( but  i doubt it )
I would not say this game is dead like merlin say but he will sure think also this community  can be better.
1 - Startup to ban shit ore delete shout box it does do not good to this game led the shit stay in site the servers.
2 - ....... I missed the reaction to test out the Doss problem I did sent to assist admins.
3 - it was not always good in the past but I miss the old days,  we did know we need each other.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 07:43:16 AM »
eddie or harley, can we proof that your servers are ddos protected and functional working? would be very nice to see if this works. you have german provider, i guess i know which one.
so let us jump on your server and the ddosser can do his work. if not, i would like to try attacking your server if this is ok? give me a go and i will arange that all.
thanks.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 07:49:38 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »
vanoke, the admins can do nothing against this ddos - except protect ther own servers like the auth one. and they did it. so job done, now it is on our side to get some servers protected. and i do have 500mb network at home, professional firewall, but it is not enough to protect my servers.
it means, the we can stop with home running servers like you and me, but to go on, we need professional datacenter ddos covered servers. the cost are about 40-300$ per month, depends on the protection you get. so it will be a try finding out, which provider/datacenter is doing the best way.
you can help or not, we need some time and OTHER PLAYERS, supporting this idea.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 08:17:17 AM »
vanoke, the admins can do nothing against this ddos - except protect ther own servers like the auth one. and they did it. so job done, now it is on our side to get some servers protected. and i do have 500mb network at home, professional firewall, but it is not enough to protect my servers.
it means, the we can stop with home running servers like you and me, but to go on, we need professional datacenter ddos covered servers. the cost are about 40-300$ per month, depends on the protection you get. so it will be a try finding out, which provider/datacenter is doing the best way.
If you read merlin its not only that I did sent you a message.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 10:19:34 AM »
i can give more information tomorrow to the interested players/members, after calling the provider who can protect against ddos (maybe). so let me know here and now, who is interested in this?

btw: i do not need the go from waa for a test. If the provider will give the ok, its all done then.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 10:27:56 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline [F.U.N]Cpt

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
ich bin dabei merlin.

Offline harley

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 11:54:57 AM »
 can we proof that your servers are ddos protected and functional working, Merlin just join w server and see what happens its like there is a bot there that triggers ddos ,most have gave up on this now and scrap shutting down server as has jazz on his pool server ,but ty merlin for  trying 

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 12:42:43 PM »
harley, we will get a solution, i am almost sure about it. and it is not my server, it would be our server - hosted at a datacenter which can protect.

Offline eddie-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 14:35:08 PM »
  contabo host vps u can see

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, October 22, 2017, 16:46:44 PM »
yes i do know that eddie, i will call them tomorrow :). it is easy to grap your ip, put it on ip locator and - bingo. the provider is showing up.
btw: what did you rent, vps or dedicated ? :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager