Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Does anyone remember "Flemish Army" ?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline The Mentalist

Does anyone remember "Flemish Army" ?
« on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 06:39:07 AM »
This ( small ) community was founded in 2003 and was discontinued in 2008. It had it's peak with a little more then 4000 unique visitors a month. We were one of the official hosts for game-patches, organized clanwars, we worked together with Reaper and Rifle from AntiCheatInc and created an anti-cheat-script update tool for server-admins worldwide. We maintained an anti-cheat banlist, a racist-banlist and beleave it or not a homophobic banlist ( apperently I had to much time on my hands  :P ) We were in contact with Homey from battletracker and got him to discontinue tracking version  2.8.0 and 2.8.1 to decrease fragmentation in the game and we're the ones that came up with the ideau for the server version selector on battletracker so that you can see how many players play each version.

Code: [Select]
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.clantoolz.com/flemisharmy/forum/sitenews.aspYou'll have to copy/past this in your browser in order to see the website.

The actual domains were www.flemisharmy.be and later www.flemisharmy.info, but because they redirected to the site above, they don't have any archives.

A few articles from 2007 ( used Google translate ):

Gaming is good for your eyes! ( 07 February 2007  )
According to a recent scientific study has playing video games a positive effect on the development of vision.

Researchers from the University of Rochester have come to this startling conclusion. They discovered that someone had played several jars Unreal Tournament occurred a greater improvement in sharpness and letter recognition than someone who had spent the same period, the puzzle game Tetris.

Daphne Bavelier, professor at American University, said the research shows that a damaged visual cortex (controls the part of the brains that vision) can be stimulated with the right incentives in order to start a process of recovery. Playing video games hereby delivers better results than watching a movie or TV series with the same amount of action and movement on the screen.

This difference is probably due to the fact that playing a game is a positive action, so there is more of active participation and therefore more brain activity.

There are now completed much scientific studies showing that gaming has more advantages than disadvantages. Arguments that you can use to your parents:
-> America's Army heal my sight <-
-> America's Army improves my concentration <-
-> America's Army increases the long term my IQ <-
-> America's Army improves my reflexes <-
-> America's Army will ensure that I have less fear in real danger <-
Nice to know ( 05 April 2007 )

Top 3 Server locations:
1. USA
2. Great Britain
3. Germany

Top 3 player locations:
1. USA
2. Germany
3. Poland

Top 3 Game Version:
1. 2.8.1
2. 2.8.0
3. 2.6.0

Top 3 most popular maps:
1. Bridge Crossing
2. SF Hospital
3. Pipeline

Top three least popular maps:
1. SF Taiga
2. Swamp Raid (sorry)
3. Steamroller

Worst players at this moment:
1. Zippy972
2. Gangsta_Aids
3. Bruser {}

Best players at this moment:
1. = [STORMY] = _ dizel
2. GodEmperorofDune
3. wolfiehammuh

It might also be nice to know that you can find the most noobs on the maps' Bridge Crossing, "" JRTC Farm Raid 'and' River Basin. The most experienced players opt again for the maps' Mountain Pass SE "," SF Artic 'and' SF Taiga. The map'SMU GH SFFloodgate' is the most popular map of the last four new maps. The map 'SMU GH SFRefinery' has the least success.

There are annual 963 662 675 euros spent on honor servers! You're in a clan with an honor server, then wear your part to pay by the amount of one player slot. You're not in a clan, do not complain if you kicked someone who does their bit in that clan.

1% of all active gamers AA plays with an account that is on one or more banlist. 1 in 100, sad when you at it, but hey ...

Only 24% of AA gamers is in a clan. Only 1 in 4 is "busy". 2% of the AA gamers are female. The chance that you meet your future wife in this game is pretty small, we do know that there are a few handsome and friendly Flemish female gamers, right?  ;)
Ebay Accounts? Yep, they still exist! ( 18 december 2007 )

Each AA veteran knows the "invective" Ebay account though. What is an Ebay account? A player who uses an America's Army Account which he bought on ebay, an account in which all courses are completed and this account usually has an extremely high honor level.

Even today there are America's Army accounts sold on ebay.

Ebay employees and the developers have now been personally informed of this illegal practice, and we can only hope that the sellers get their comeuppance!
AAOTracker.com has moneyproblems ( 19 august 2007 )

[GA] Homey, founder of www.aaotracker.com has announced that he has more than $ 1,000 in debt. He has also indicated that it will not be so easy to pay off these as SCI no longer supports him. The website now uses a whopping 1 terabyte traffic per day! That is not nothing!

There will be in the future so more but also get better ads on the website and there is now also a paypal button on the front page. There are almost 367 000 soldiers tracked. If only a few thousand € 1 donation, then the debts have been paid off.

Want www.aaotracker.com persists? You know what you have to do
Drink a pint less this week and donate 1 euro

So I wonder, is there anyone left of those 4000 visitors? Or did anyone else remember this community?

« Last Edit: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 07:37:46 AM by Jelle Mees »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: Does anyone remember "Flemish Army" ?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 06:42:42 AM »
You were in -ACI-?  Reaper was heading over to see me when he fell of a bike in Ireland and broke both arms. SO we never got to meet. Hes married now and doing great you still in contact with him? I dont see Rifle for a long time.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »
You were in -ACI-?  Reaper was heading over to see me when he fell of a bike in Ireland and broke both arms. SO we never got to meet. Hes married now and doing great you still in contact with him? I dont see Rifle for a long time.

Yeah, for about 3 years. But I wasn't part of the ACI crew if that's what you're asking. I just provided support. When I stopped playing in 2008 I really stopped. I didn't keep in touch with anyone. And honestly, I don't really see anyone from the old days. All current active assist players don't ring a bell with me. Possible that they changed names or possibly I just have a really crappy memory.

I started searching on the ACI forums, but can't seem to find anything anymore about the script-updater that I build. Reaper probably deleted the topics once he and someone from AASA released a simular tool. I still got lots of PM's about it, that they didn't delete :p. This is the last remaining thing about it that I could find on Battletracker:
http://battletracker.com/forum/america-s-army-2-x-forums/america-s-army-discussions/p1889488-server-stats-screenshots-round-alarm-auto-queue-quick-hack-check/#post1889488
And the last remaining on google:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2180648&postcount=15
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 11, 2015, 07:33:25 AM by Jelle Mees »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 12, 2015, 11:04:09 AM »
There were a lot of good guys way back at the start . Today its just work in aci no comunity or fun. I got life banned because I said that to often for soldiers liking. Was ther way longer than him. lol. But once you stop giving money you dont count quite the same as you do when you do give money.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager