Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Def run up  (Read 9314 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Def run up
« on: Saturday, March 04, 2017, 15:42:57 PM »
We all know def is the very easy side that most people want to go on. So they get the feel good factor. Albiet it comes from the said easy side. As I have always said. all you need to do in def is sit and hide. and all the advantages are yours. The other thong that always galled me about def. They have the shortest run up there for also have an unfair advantage of getting set up first. If any thing it should be assualt who gets the shorter run to there tower not def. Some will get this and some wont, because of there rose tinted glasses
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Def run up
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 05, 2017, 07:08:23 AM »
Why should Assault get to the tower first? If you think about it for a second, you'll (hopefully) realize, that the Defense side is there to defend some place they're already at (i.e the bridge and why not even the tower) and the Assault side is attacking some place they're going to. It can only make sense that Defense gets there first.

In a real battle, defense is easier, a lot more so than is depicted in this game  (you'd be crazy to go attacking someone with less than 3:1 personnel, given equivalent equipment, of course).

Of course, this is not the real world, it's a game. Yet even here, defending should be somewhat easier than attacking. In an ideal world, you'd see people switching sides half way through the match, but we don't live in an ideal world (unless you play matches).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline FTCmarco12

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 05, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »
Vegeta you king defense in bridge always in def side u nab

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 05, 2017, 13:58:03 PM »
Vegeta you king defense in bridge always in def side u nab

Ahh well here goes. You have known me in game for about 10 minutes. So anyone that knows me, know I was always on Assault. When I ran a server I was on assault. If I join a server on the rare occasion you see the hiher honour guys on assault which as I say is rare. I would join def. I know all the def players. I know all the selfish players. and the majority of people are selfish . Fact. So dont come here talking about me when you dont know nothing about me. Any way back to what I said. Def is the easy side in real life or in game Fact.

Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 05, 2017, 14:06:12 PM »
Why should Assault get to the tower first? If you think about it for a second, you'll (hopefully) realize, that the Defense side is there to defend some place they're already at (i.e the bridge and why not even the tower) and the Assault side is attacking some place they're going to. It can only make sense that Defense gets there first.

In a real battle, defense is easier, a lot more so than is depicted in this game  (you'd be crazy to go attacking someone with less than 3:1 personnel, given equivalent equipment, of course).

Of course, this is not the real world, it's a game. Yet even here, defending should be somewhat easier than attacking. In an ideal world, you'd see people switching sides half way through the match, but we don't live in an ideal world (unless you play matches).

If they are deffending the bridge, they are NOT there already. and in reality there are not defending the brdge either, they are in fact deffending the truck. It may well say defend the bridge, but you win the game by getting to the truck which they are already at, not the bridge. If I think for a second? Like I never lol.
SO my point is why has def got another advantage. That is a fault in the game. They should both have the same distance from the middle. If that is the case it would at least make it even as far as rushing goes. SO you have a think on something that you obviosly never thought on before.

I continually see people switching sides in game. And its mostly the ones wiating for a space on the easy side.

So now I play def mostly. why . Because its one less space for the people who crave def. I heard every argument about def ass. You will teach me nothing in regard to selfish people or how they play in game. I seen it all and know themn all.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 10:02:40 AM »
I can't remember you being assault when we did our sweet 1v1 :)

However, I agree 100% with your point that people tend to run to the easy side all the time, and it's not only on bridge. But on the other hand, there's nobody playing matches anymore in this community, so running to the easy side is what pubbers do. They're here to have easy kills, not to get better :D

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 10:31:34 AM »

And I wasnt always on def against you either. :)

However, I agree 100% with your point that people tend to run to the easy side all the time, and it's not only on bridge. But on the other hand, there's nobody playing matches anymore in this community, so running to the easy side is what pubbers do. They're here to have easy kills, not to get better :D

GAnja at no point in time did I ever refuse a game from you. At no point did I ever say I was better than you. And I have no shame going on def to play you. Not because I wasnt to hide as I never and you know that. I only went def for the short run up.

My skills on bridge are decent. I am in no way the best player on bridge. As I am sure you can vouce for . I cant even pillor lean. I am also poor with nades and flashes. But I still beat most people in here. and done play that much.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »

Not changing the topic, but how are you doing G , health wise, hopefully everything going well for you

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 16:12:09 PM »
If they are deffending the bridge, they are NOT there already. and in reality there are not defending the brdge either, they are in fact deffending the truck. It may well say defend the bridge, but you win the game by getting to the truck which they are already at, not the bridge. If I think for a second? Like I never lol.
SO my point is why has def got another advantage. That is a fault in the game. They should both have the same distance from the middle. If that is the case it would at least make it even as far as rushing goes. SO you have a think on something that you obviosly never thought on before.

I continually see people switching sides in game. And its mostly the ones wiating for a space on the easy side.

So now I play def mostly. why . Because its one less space for the people who crave def. I heard every argument about def ass. You will teach me nothing in regard to selfish people or how they play in game. I seen it all and know themn all.

If you're defending "the truck" and not covering one of the 2 only routes the enemy can come from on foot (i.e the bridge, the other being the tunnel), then someone is a very bad leader in that group.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 17:23:56 PM »
GAnja at no point in time did I ever refuse a game from you. At no point did I ever say I was better than you. And I have no shame going on def to play you. Not because I wasnt to hide as I never and you know that. I only went def for the short run up.

My skills on bridge are decent. I am in no way the best player on bridge. As I am sure you can vouce for . I cant even pillor lean. I am also poor with nades and flashes. But I still beat most people in here. and done play that much.

I know what you're saying don't worry. Point is, some players feel bad enough on defence perhaps that they surely don't want to fight some good players while they're on assault.

Not changing the topic, but how are you doing G , health wise, hopefully everything going well for you

All good man thanks :)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 06, 2017, 18:07:46 PM »
Well first pleased to hear you are well and healthy. Me and you are a fine example of how it is possible to fall out and fall in again.. Take it easy bro. and I have no qualms saying you are a supperior player on Bridge . :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 07, 2017, 13:53:39 PM »
Well first pleased to hear you are well and healthy. Me and you are a fine example of how it is possible to fall out and fall in again.. Take it easy bro. and I have no qualms saying you are a supperior player on Bridge . :)

I know, no worries between us two anymore. I I share your point of view about easy-side-going-players, but honestly I think you should just let it be, and forget about it since this isn't going to change soon anyway ;)

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 09, 2017, 04:42:00 AM »
The objective in the map (for assault) is to get to the truck (tunnel) to flee with vital information. That place is not a fortress or a hotspot.

The defending forces just noticed assault forces coming in hot and moved into position to intersect. There is no reason they should get there first. If anything, they should get later because assault team wouldnt walk in plain sight. Also, there could be many other routes, even if it requires more work like mountain climbing or parachuting across the rift.

On the other hand, you could argue the defending forces got wind of the eminent delivery and reinforced the bridge earlier. Then again, that's unlikely because they wouldve done a poor job. No explosives weapons (beside nubtub) on a narrow path - even if you consider not exploding the bridge itself?

Ofc, it will never change and I dont really care. Well, I'm gonna leave it at this.

-- ps: I realize I just made people think of adding rpg to defense. That would be fun x'D
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 09, 2017, 04:44:29 AM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 09, 2017, 08:08:19 AM »
We had rpg on bridge we had samurai swords on bridge. Any way fact is def has the shortest run to there tower or middle and its an unfair advantage for an already easy side to work from.  Simple as that. And this is the reason most people being selfish to the core run for the easy side. Some run just for the easy kills some run for easy kills and points some run for def cause they just cant do assault. Most try and convince you they are on def cause they like it lol, Yes but why do you like it. ahhh yes selfishness. Its all very simple and easy to understand if you understand people. I see people come in and wait for another player to join so they can get on the easy side. Zero honour. I seen a typical camper come in joins ass and leaves after two rounds. I know every single def player that has played def bridge since years. I only saw one of them eventually start to play assualt. So as he goes to play on ass now. I play on def now. If I am on def its one less slot for the campers to get on def. Some of them say I am not a camper lol. As if that makes them the uprightous guy. lol No You my be a rusher on def, but its only because its easier than being a rusher assault. Dont kid your selve if you rush. Its all for a selfish porpous. And unfourtunatly that how most people are in here or out on the street.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 10, 2017, 09:06:18 AM »
If you're defending "the truck" and not covering one of the 2 only routes the enemy can come from on foot (i.e the bridge, the other being the tunnel), then someone is a very bad leader in that group.

There is no tunnel on the bridge that we play. So the point is if your on def u need to get forward as far is possible and then you can start to fall bac=k continully coverd from many places and nice and safe, If they work as a team or even  if they dont. SO why should def get and advantgae to get there easlier than the guys on assault, Its unfair advantage on and already harder job. So no matter what way you try to turn this Ted def is harder and the shorter run up is an unfair advantage. If you think I am wrong please give more detail?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager