Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Def run up  (Read 9318 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Def run up
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 01:33:50 AM »
There is no tunnel on the bridge that we play. So the point is if your on def u need to get forward as far is possible and then you can start to fall bac=k continully coverd from many places and nice and safe, If they work as a team or even  if they dont. SO why should def get and advantgae to get there easlier than the guys on assault, Its unfair advantage on and already harder job. So no matter what way you try to turn this Ted def is harder and the shorter run up is an unfair advantage. If you think I am wrong please give more detail?
Read your 2nd to the last sentence again. Pretty sure you made a mistake.

By the tunnel, I meant the tunnel behind the truck, obviously.

Defense is easier. Like I previously explained, that's the case in real life as well. It's supposed to be like that. I don't agree that the shorter run up to the bridge is an unfair advantage, but it's an advantage none the less. Whichever way you look at it, that's how the map was designed. It's SUPPOSED to be like that.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 04:47:44 AM »
Read your 2nd to the last sentence again. Pretty sure you made a mistake.

By the tunnel, I meant the tunnel behind the truck, obviously.

Defense is easier. Like I previously explained, that's the case in real life as well. It's supposed to be like that. I don't agree that the shorter run up to the bridge is an unfair advantage, but it's an advantage none the less. Whichever way you look at it, that's how the map was designed. It's SUPPOSED to be like that.

I simply thought you were reffering to the tunnel thats on the other version of bridge. That I dont play.
So both me and wrashawdow  were obviouly thinking the same thing.

Whiether it was supposed to be like that or not. We are all agreed that def has the advantage fine. Thats a fact of life. and in game. But. It is a design flaw to also give def a shorter run up. Thats a fault. I doubt it was the intention. If it was intentional it was totally wrong.

." I don't agree that the shorter run up to the bridge is an unfair advantage, but it's an advantage none the less."
Seems like you are contradicting yourself in this one sentance. Please elaborate.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 07:49:54 AM »
Both sides are equally hard, I don't see why it's hard to be on the Assault team, it's mostly dependent on the players.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 11:30:28 AM »
I simply thought you were reffering to the tunnel thats on the other version of bridge. That I dont play.
So both me and wrashawdow  were obviouly thinking the same thing.

Whiether it was supposed to be like that or not. We are all agreed that def has the advantage fine. Thats a fact of life. and in game. But. It is a design flaw to also give def a shorter run up. Thats a fault. I doubt it was the intention. If it was intentional it was totally wrong.

." I don't agree that the shorter run up to the bridge is an unfair advantage, but it's an advantage none the less."
Seems like you are contradicting yourself in this one sentance. Please elaborate.
If you cant' comprehend the difference between an advantage and an unfair advantage, then I really can't help you.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 11, 2017, 15:48:33 PM »
If you cant' comprehend the difference between an advantage and an unfair advantage, then I really can't help you.

I really dont need your help to see what you think. I know what I think is correct and I have heard your side. You contradicted your self so its closed for me. I made my point it is correct and theres nothing tio add to really.
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 08:57:19 AM »
I know what I think is correct

It's only what you think, but it's not correct.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
Nah man your gonna have to explian that in more detail? WHat are you talking about?

I see you edited your post after I posted.

Assault does not start inside the tower ever.
So the advantage get even bigger for def . Because they start in the tower, Assault dosent
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 10:58:36 AM by -Vegeta- »

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 10:48:30 AM »
By definition, an advantage is always unfair for the counterpart. What changes is the severity of the handycap.

Tthe truth is, this handycap doesnt matter after 10/11 players are in because you can start inside the tower. this is actually faster for assault side because there's a slight offset on the tower in relation to the bridge. This offset makes it so that jumping is easier on the assault side. With that in mind, you can rush with M24 and snipe people still on the 1st pillar on the defense side. I love doing that.

So yes, it is kind of unfair, and even though at some point, its okay for assault, the assault advantage is not without great risk. Still, I think it's alright. If there's less than 10 players, you can still rush and nade top of tower or rmb or lmb. Ofc you might get stop midway the ledge but this is a game. You either take risks, or dont. If you're so afraid of the advantage, camp on the first pillar for a few seconds.. I can either camp a bit or rush/nade. Usually works fine.

Would I prefer having the same distance to the middle tower? Yes. Is it necessary? No.

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 11:38:53 AM »
By definition, an advantage is always unfair for the counterpart. What changes is the severity of the handycap.
Defending your nation vs attacking another, the defender has an advantage. Is that unfair? I wouldn't say so.

Offline WraShadow

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 14:02:29 PM »
Defending your nation vs attacking another, the defender has an advantage. Is that unfair? I wouldn't say so.
Whatever advantage one side's got, its unfair for the other. Its severity can, however, be disregarded as decisive or 'overpowered'.

When the Arabs invaded us, we had traps and height advantage and it was, without a doubt, unfair for all their thousand dead-ones - in opposition to our few ones.

When Japan ignored the treat and attacked the US it was unfair because the US army was sleeping and lost lives without being able to defend themselves. It was unfair, even though they pushed back and nailed the japanese.

A handycap is always unfair, that's why you cant start a war silently anymore. That's why ONU is banning nuclear bombs. Its not because they cant deal with them, its because its unfair to just have them. Many other examples could follow...

Dont forget, in your example, you stated no variables. One country can have an advantage while the opposing country can have other and they can, somewhat, cancel out each other or make it fair, in a way.

---

fair != just
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 14:07:16 PM by WraShadow »

» Checkout my Illustration Gallery on the forums
» Checkout my WIP Behancé Gallery

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, March 12, 2017, 16:20:22 PM »
Whatever advantage one side's got, its unfair for the other. Its severity can, however, be disregarded as decisive or 'overpowered'.

When the Arabs invaded us, we had traps and height advantage and it was, without a doubt, unfair for all their thousand dead-ones - in opposition to our few ones.

When Japan ignored the treat and attacked the US it was unfair because the US army was sleeping and lost lives without being able to defend themselves. It was unfair, even though they pushed back and nailed the japanese.

A handycap is always unfair, that's why you cant start a war silently anymore. That's why ONU is banning nuclear bombs. Its not because they cant deal with them, its because its unfair to just have them. Many other examples could follow...

Dont forget, in your example, you stated no variables. One country can have an advantage while the opposing country can have other and they can, somewhat, cancel out each other or make it fair, in a way.

---

fair != just

---

fair != just
I reposted this incase you missed it.
Nah man your gonna have to explian that in more detail? WHat are you talking about?

I see you edited your post after I posted.

Assault does not start inside the tower ever.
So the advantage get even bigger for def . Because they start in the tower, Assault dosent

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager