Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Automatic Assist admin login  (Read 7159 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Automatic Assist admin login
« on: Friday, June 09, 2017, 10:28:33 AM »
Always funny when I see admins are in this website and no reaction . Who is dowing this all the admins look like they are in this website and never a reaction so it looks like ther is a crue behind this assist.  :shock:
I do understand that they have a privit live but to do if they are here is a bit silly. :P

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Automatic Assist admin login
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 09, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »
Ever think of this game is dying not drawing new players & if New players come only to be treated like shit

So I don't blame assist on taking care of real life situations 1st instead of this dying game

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 02:47:20 AM »
Always funny when I see admins are in this website and no reaction . Who is dowing this all the admins look like they are in this website and never a reaction so it looks like ther is a crue behind this assist.  :shock:
I do understand that they have a privit live but to do if they are here is a bit silly. :P
What requires our attention in your opinion, exactly? I visit the forum every day (or almost every day) and read all  topics posted here. I only answer when an answer is needed. Most of the time it is not.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 07:41:30 AM »
1 - Some questions about 203 and how can change , who can do that ore make for a moment a sec hospital
I have one ready for assist !!!!!!  ( WORK on IT ) its already hard to play because one little child likes to doss this game so a little change now and than is necessary.  Ad the moment I can enough in a map to make a bit different for the people for the good fun. that's what we need  and its easy to do only time you need and test to accept.
2 - Is Eliz still here. I see every time admin names but no reaction ore text from the most admins .
3 -  Questions about Texture is for  long time waiting for answers
This topic. from Mr.  H.Blacksmith
Topic: Custom textures for AAO2.8.5  (Read 261 times)
4 - You must admit that there is very poor activity  under the assist admins.
5- Even on shoutbox I see text were you can react on because bull shit to others, I understand its a endless battlefield on shoutbox but solution is simple.
6- You need in a community  a active part that is seriously  busy on it. But yes that hard when
you play a old game.  Interest are more elsewhere for the most admins on the steering wheel.
p.s. I miss the old days :)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 15:33:02 PM »
1. Maps are not going to change.
2. Yes, he's here every now and then, not too often though
3. 25Assist uses AA2.5
4. There's no posts of relevance to answer. Drama and Spam doesn't need admin input.
5. I've never monitored Shotbox, it's too much work. I don't even look at it. If anyone wants admin attention, tell them to post on the forums. I will see it.
6. You're right, an active community is important. Not much we can do about it, though.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 16:19:08 PM »
1 -  To sad  its needed, do you think also ! little change can help his game ???
2 - Nice to hear what is his intention with this game.
3 -  He needs it  question was he can t find it. 
4 - I see you are reacting  thats one.  when nothing will change we do not need admins thats true!
5 - So we are on one line . What's the matter with it?, trust to bring in new actieve players in it.?
6 - Its difficult yes i understand well, but a little change when people ask till they are happy its worth the effort.    they do not ask much.

« Last Edit: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 16:32:09 PM by Vanoke »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 10, 2017, 17:47:05 PM »
What requires our attention in your opinion, exactly? I visit the forum every day (or almost every day) and read all  topics posted here. I only answer when an answer is needed. Most of the time it is not.
You were told on several occasions the shout box. Is a disgrace and wickeds as bad as any others.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 01:29:01 AM »
1 -  To sad  its needed, do you think also ! little change can help his game ???
2 - Nice to hear what is his intention with this game.
3 -  He needs it  question was he can t find it. 
4 - I see you are reacting  thats one.  when nothing will change we do not need admins thats true!
5 - So we are on one line . What's the matter with it?, trust to bring in new actieve players in it.?
6 - Its difficult yes i understand well, but a little change when people ask till they are happy its worth the effort.    they do not ask much.

1. a) We just don't have people to do it. b) You will have more people complain about it than there will be happy people. Tried and tested.
2. If you wanted to code the things he did yourself, you should have stepped up years ago. I don't exactly know how many hours ELiZ put into Assist but I'm it's definitely more than you think. He's dedicated hundreds (if not thousands) of hours on it. All of this out of his free time and without getting paid. If he wants a break, I don't see why you shouldn't honor his wishes.
3. If ELiZ has made a resource to help him, he will answer when he can. I haven't used any such resource and know nothing about, therefore there's no point in me answering on something I know nothing about.
4. Like I said, we don't have the manpower to change things.
5. I don't really know what you mean.
6. People don't like change. Especially the people who are still here. The only reason they're playing the game is because it's (roughly) the same as it was 10 years ago. Spanky tried to fix the west wing roof on SF Hospital, people complained so much he had to undo it. We removed 203 from SF Hospital and have since got numerous complaints about it. If we had people to work on maps, perhaps it would have been undone, too. We know people don't like change. You should know, too.

To Alkos:
It's difficult to understand what you're saying, but I'll try to address it anyway.

You're right, I'm just one admin. If any other admin wishes to change any of my answers and/or add their's, I'd be perfecly fine with it. In fact, I'd welcome it.

As for the "arrogance" - simple questions need simple answers.

The "folder change" and "heard of Merlin" parts I really didn't understand.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 05:08:34 AM »
first ! ...Thx for your writing teddy.  I also spent many hours in this and try to find ways to make this gameplay attractieve I think you know my inputh  from jan. 2012   and before that from 2006   form big bad enlish writing  noob to a 100% living around this gameplay and my good m8 in clan and game and yes I also miss a lot guys that like this gameplay, but running around on the same platform many times is for a lot people a reason to go further with there live .  You keep saying changes makes people complain , in this I say changes ore little changes makes people Curious so they feel that they need to understand the new game situation.

To Eliz ....
I have a hospital ready for assist  just look ad it and see the potential to bring it in I did subscribe all also in pictures 6 month`s ago I   only had a reaction from spanky that its a lot work to bring it in.     ( I THINK WE MISS  A GUY THAT CAN DO THIS )
Wat is the problem:  also it looks like Assist admins taking this game whit them into there grave  and don`t think they have to give the knowledge to the next generation. 
I this I mean find interested people that are serius and can bring in there new thinking the Maap maps were made by assist admin and this would be interesting for others to make also new games maps and than you keep a lot people in this if it was 1 ore 2 new maps it would help to keep it better alive.   
I am sure that som admins will come more in game than now.!! .

Alkos:
Keep on learning and writing English  respect you are doing it and its OK!!.
It will be better and better like me I also learn to by doing it Hooah!! 
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 05:10:39 AM by Vanoke »

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
I deleted the post!
from now does not interest me wants something to change for the better in the game or not!
I do not care whether to stay RPG or restore 203.I play a little aao2 while there are players.all of them less and less.
p.s.No one should teach me respect,Respect should be mutual!
Bok

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, June 11, 2017, 15:22:39 PM »
I deleted the post!
from now does not interest me wants something to change for the better in the game or not!
I do not care whether to stay RPG or restore 203.I play a little aao2 while there are players.all of them less and less.
p.s.No one should teach me respect,Respect should be mutual!
Bok
General it was in the positive way to say that.  Respect was good to say to you! :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 22:25:12 PM »
Teddy is 100% spot on.

Vanoke, believe me, I know it's fun to edit and create maps. Problem is, custom 3rd party maps have not been widely adopted enough to encourage creators to stay long term. It's been over 10 years. They weren't even that widely adopted when the map editor was public for v2.8.x. People played them and the Mission Editor Depot (or whatever it was) had a lot of maps, it pales in comparison to the number of people on Bridge or Urban Assault. Even new maps that the AA devs brought out in later versions showed this phenomenon as well. I hate to break it to you but, next to nobody will care about your map edits. I applaud you for learning how and having fun in the process but don't expect the playerbase to share your enthusiasm and certainly don't expect your edits to "save the game". I've made that mistake before.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 23, 2017, 23:54:03 PM »
I have asked him and theres no tool to import w/e stuff into 2.8.5.
Good Luck getting a reply from Eliz ^^.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 04:28:06 AM »
Teddy is 100% spot on.

Vanoke, believe me, I know it's fun to edit and create maps. Problem is, custom 3rd party maps have not been widely adopted enough to encourage creators to stay long term. It's been over 10 years. They weren't even that widely adopted when the map editor was public for v2.8.x. People played them and the Mission Editor Depot (or whatever it was) had a lot of maps, it pales in comparison to the number of people on Bridge or Urban Assault. Even new maps that the AA devs brought out in later versions showed this phenomenon as well. I hate to break it to you but, next to nobody will care about your map edits. I applaud you for learning how and having fun in the process but don't expect the playerbase to share your enthusiasm and certainly don't expect your edits to "save the game". I've made that mistake before.
I do understand well that not much players are in and I do it for a select number of players. 
If they were not happy about it I would stop changing bots to P.v.P maps but they are happy and that  is enough for me to change  a  good selected map. :w00t:

Also it brings som news to facebook and website.
And yes I also learn a bit on my age LOL  !  did get a little help form you spanky and it did help me a lot to make little thinks work, that was good !!
If there was 1 -no doss attack  2- ( And Shoutbox ) 3 - and a bit better cooperation together  this assist would stil be a nice free game, 285 did gif me and those guys and lady that are on it  that good together feeling back and with a bit news stuff in it its ready for more ............. need players for sure for the bigger maps like sfhighland_rc4  and more. but ther are a lot maps inc. my now 14 P.v.P maps that keeps us in game.
And for the bots maps  its still a challenge to play the maps, I would say all clans must have this free game on ther computer and you guys know way ........... its fun  and together in clan its double fun.
I hope to led this gameplay work for a long time you need 2 to tango and we have stable 10 joining the days we plan to play.  and sometimes you get a new player and they are happy they say.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 04:34:38 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 04:38:14 AM »
I have asked him and theres no tool to import w/e stuff into 2.8.5.
Good Luck getting a reply from Eliz ^^.
  ???    not sure what you mean but the new maps for assist were edit in 2.5 editor so not the 285 .
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/67sidnclihsd4/1-_AA_Army_2.8.5_and_2.5#tw2en1ddj25p1
Its  good to change a bit. if you want to led thinks work!
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 04:55:17 AM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager