Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Americas Army Sound tweaking  (Read 24600 times)

Offline revuka

• View Profile
Americas Army Sound tweaking
« on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 14:10:09 PM »
In this tutorial we are showing you how to tweak your sound for americas army if you have an xfi sound card.

download link : http://www.2shared.com/file/NFDzpDPt/X-FI_AAO_settings__by_revuka.html

happy fragging,

revuka

*edit* changed youtube link
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 06:13:00 AM by BiG_SerGiO »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: Re: Americas Army Server tweaking
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 14:19:11 PM »
Will also upload my xfi equliazers that i maded for evry map, and some sound tweaking tutorial.

I lol'd before I facepalmed.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline butters

• View Profile
Americas Army Sound tweaking
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 16:59:39 PM »
revuka , i doubt anyone's interested in your x-fi tweaks , after all these guys are pubbers only , no competitive players whatsoever

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 17:07:31 PM »
revuka , i doubt anyone's interested in your x-fi tweaks , after all these guys are pubbers only , no competitive players whatsoever
lol. You're an idiot. We have several former competitive players here. One of our admins was a 2.8.5 competitive player.

Offline revuka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 17:27:44 PM »

Whats wrong with sharing my settings for a better gameplay to other players ? Pubbing or matches, its just
giving you more advantage !

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 17:52:05 PM »

Why so serious? It's just a game. I lol at "competitive" gamers and their need to make up for a lack of skill with tweaks.

Offline revuka

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:09:23 PM »
if you are a competition player, you gonna need good settings, just by making it equal because almost evry match player got a soundcard like this.

If you have just onboard sound with 32 channels instead of an xfi sound card with 128 channels its hard to beat them on maps like pipeline and mout mckenna. On maps like this sound is the basic for a decent gameplay. It has nothing to do with skill, because its hard to attack if you are on attacking side and you have no clue were the enemy is, atleast the direction.

To be honest, i think lots of players are shit without sound because it just helps them alot about knowing were you enemy is.

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:15:22 PM »
if you are a competition player, you gonna need good settings, just by making it equal because almost evry match player got a soundcard like this.

If you have just onboard sound with 32 channels instead of an xfi sound card with 128 channels its hard to beat them on maps like pipeline and mout mckenna. On maps like this sound is the basic for a decent gameplay. It has nothing to do with skill, because its hard to attack if you are on attacking side and you have no clue were the enemy is, atleast the direction.

To be honest, i think lots of players are shit without sound because it just helps them alot about knowing were you enemy is.

Good post. Don't blame the players, blame the game. AA's sounds and gameplay are the only reasons these tweaks are possible to gain an advantage. If you're a competitive player you have no choice but to use sound tweaks with a sound card if you want to have a chance, that's just the way it is. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:25:43 PM »
Just popping in to say that channels in AA do not offer you the competitive advantage you may think it does. 32 is all you need.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:27:46 PM »
I'll agree. AA is quite unique in that fashion I think, especially when compared to modern games. It's also old enough to take partial advantage of X-Fi although I would bet that there isn't a huge difference, especially after seeing most of the maps zones not having any kind of EAX effect applied. I would imagine there's times where quite a few sounds are played at once so it probably helps there.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:49:41 PM »
Competitively speaking I think you definitely need a great soundcard to be a good  player however a great soundcard doesn't make you an invite player, there is a lot more things to consider...

Just popping in to say that channels in AA do not offer you the competitive advantage you may think it does. 32 is all you need.

I have to agree with you, i have on-board sound with 32 channels and, it's not amazing, but is quite good.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:53:21 PM »
I think it would be fascinating to challenge a gamer's tweaked settings that they likely use with some Logitech headset or speakers versus a dedicated DAC, amp and quality headphones or speakers. I know with the X-Fi you can tweak things to hell and back, throwing quality out the window but I would wonder how that compares to accurately reproduced sound with a quality system, allowing you to hear all the sounds properly pronounced.

Offline butters

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:57:05 PM »
if you're pubbing you don't need any tweaks for sound , as it makes no difference , since you're playing like what 10 vs 10 , it's all going to get mixed up. However in a match , usually 4v4 , it makes a difference.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 18:58:21 PM »
if you're pubbing you don't need any tweaks for sound , as it makes no difference , since you're playing like what 10 vs 10 , it's all going to get mixed up. However in a match , usually 4v4 , it makes a difference.
Na, you still get those damn sound campers in public servers too.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Americas Army Sound tweaking
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 09, 2012, 19:01:43 PM »
I split and merged the topics. The forum doesn't let you move individual posts around, so you will have to edit your video into the first post :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager