Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: a question, if you please....  (Read 1246 times)

Offline [CZBGR]Lytton

a question, if you please....
« on: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 16:16:33 PM »
so, I just downloaded AA25 Assist, and thought, pretty rad, eh? then I realized a bit of a problem.

I'm used to 2.8.5, and unfortunately, I'm not one of those old timers that started off with 2.5. I actually started off on 2.6, before I realized there was 2.7, then 2.8...and all the way to 2.8.5. so, my question is:

since I have a user.ini, and prefer not to confuse myself by trying to start from scratch, could I use the relevant commo commands where the keybinds start in the User.INI (would rather use a text editor anyway)? I'm just hoping that this wouldn't mess up, or cause a mismatch, because I know some of the features from 2.8.5, may not have existed, or relevant to 2.5. generally, I don't remember what 2.6 was exactly like, let alone 2.5, but I imagine the experience is similar.

anyway, that's all I have for now. peace brah.

oh, also: how do i fix the sound device issue I'm having? it seems to accept a device I've already disabled, which is enabled as soon as I plug in a headphone, even though it's plugged in to my primary one? I can only fix it by unplugging it to plug in tot he one it was looking for, then unplug it to plug it back in to my primary one. kind of annoying.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 31, 2013, 16:58:41 PM by [CZBGR]Lytton »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: a question, if you please....
« Reply #1 on: Monday, April 01, 2013, 16:14:13 PM »
Copying your old keybingings from 2.8.5 shouldn't mess anything up as long as you don't have illegal binds. I'm pretty sure if a feature doesn't exist, the bind just wont do anything.

Can't help you with the sound though.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 01, 2013, 16:46:25 PM »
Copying your old keybingings from 2.8.5 shouldn't mess anything up as long as you don't have illegal binds. I'm pretty sure if a feature doesn't exist, the bind just wont do anything.

Can't help you with the sound though.

i forgot the command u can add a bind while in game any 1 remember that command??

Offline [CZBGR]Lytton

« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 01, 2013, 18:23:03 PM »

yeah, that's exactly what happened. there was a lack of commo command sounds because of that mismatch.

that, and totally forgot there was a bug on Bridge. sucks to be me.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 09:20:20 AM »
i forgot the command u can add a bind while in game any 1 remember that command??
Isn't it just "bind <key here> command"? or "bind C Crouch" as an example. I'll have to check to be sure though.

I checked it at http://manual.americasarmy.com/index.php/What_console_commands_can_I_use_in_America's_Army%3F#7._Binding_Keys, and yes, in game it's
===ii. Binding Keys In-Game===
           Hit ~ to bring down console.
           bind <key> <command></command></key>
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 02, 2013, 09:22:50 AM by teddy_grizzly_bear »
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager