Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Unreal editor moddering questions  (Read 58661 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Unreal editor moddering questions
« on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 15:10:13 PM »
How to change in unreal ed the
start position towards the faces of the players to the right direction.
1 you click on the player and errow line appears but in wrong direction.
Idear is to bring spawnpoint in extraction SE a little more to the front so when spawn ther the players can
spreatout better insteat they get killed in that corner.  :up:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Unreal editor moddering questions
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 17:57:35 PM »
I haven't used the Unreal editor in ages, but as far as I can recall you should be able to move and rotate actors (such as the spawn actors) through the editor instruments or perhaps even through the actor properties.

https://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE2:Actor_native_functions_(UT2004)#Spawn
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 13, 2016, 18:13:32 PM by Koden »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 06:50:46 AM »
When you see the picture the spawns are moved around 10 meters
i set the spawns aganst eachother thats what i can find left / right for the actors. but not strait arrow to the bus with the obj if you understand what i mean !
its simple change but this is already better than the old one so if all likes it than make  update. 
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 06:53:38 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 09:51:12 AM »
Spawn actors standing too close to each other might fail to actually work, make sure there's enough room between each ofb them, and test them. Anyway, it's nice that you're working with the editor, but of course maps cannot be ported straight from the 2.8.5 editor to the 2.5 version of the game. You might probably use Eliz's converter, but there might also be several corrections to be made manually, which makes the whole process kinda pointless for minor modifications that can also be made in the 2.5 editor.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 14:55:11 PM »
Spawn actors standing too close to each other might fail to actually work, make sure there's enough room between each ofb them, and test them. Anyway, it's nice that you're working with the editor, but of course maps cannot be ported straight from the 2.8.5 editor to the 2.5 version of the game. You might probably use Eliz's converter, but there might also be several corrections to be made manually, which makes the whole process kinda pointless for minor modifications that can also be made in the 2.5 editor.
no need to convert this is changed with 2.5 editor and the actors are ok its defence and assault spawn rotating so np.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 16:44:07 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 16:45:42 PM »
no need to convert this is changed with 2.5 editor and the actors are ok its defence and assault spawn rotating so np.
Oh...that's true, I didn't pay attention to the editor name in the screenshot.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 14, 2016, 17:19:12 PM »
I am still a noob in this so don`t expect wonders ! but this was a game bug so hope elize approof this but he can do it also by himself 10 minuts work . TELL HIM :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 16, 2016, 19:15:15 PM »
Go to the top mode view and find the playerstart. To zoom in & out, press and hold the left and right mouse buttons then move the mouse up and down. Once you've selected the playerstart, press and hold CTRL while clicking the right mouse button and moving the mouse, that will change rotation/direction.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »
Go to the top mode view and find the playerstart. To zoom in & out, press and hold the left and right mouse buttons then move the mouse up and down. Once you've selected the playerstart, press and hold CTRL while clicking the right mouse button and moving the mouse, that will change rotation/direction.
I got it noses are in the right direction
I also did change som on Extraction if its oke look picture below

1- spawn moved a little to the front so players are not pushed in the corner in begin also a little more obsticuls to hide.
2- I split the extraction on one site  6-1-6 
3- so far i know it was not possible to go over that little balcon so with som garbage bags and an air conditioning
you can stap over an fall a bit to the ground but you don`t have to go back if you don`t want it!

Can this be upgreate to the game ELIZ ! if its making in your and all other eye the game Extraction better :rtfm:

Question is it possible to copy all ore only the green stuf
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 07:37:30 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 14:55:09 PM »
Vanoke, the problem is that the philosophy of Assist, AAO25, mAAp Pack and all the other things that we, the AA community have done, the ONE rule that we've tried to stay close to: do not mess with the original maps. There's been exceptions to fix blatant bugs and glitches and improve gameplay when the majority of the community agrees. However, we (I'm speaking like I got a turd in my pocket) don't really like to edit the original maps.

You're welcome to fork it off and make it your own but chances are, it won't get played.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 15:14:53 PM »
Vanoke, the problem is that the philosophy of Assist, AAO25, mAAp Pack and all the other things that we, the AA community have done, the ONE rule that we've tried to stay close to: do not mess with the original maps. There's been exceptions to fix blatant bugs and glitches and improve gameplay when the majority of the community agrees. However, we (I'm speaking like I got a turd in my pocket) don't really like to edit the original maps.

You're welcome to fork it off and make it your own but chances are, it won't get played.
Than puth it next to the original map and gif it a sec name than look what map is the best for Assist and the communitie can speak !!  so messing with the map is possible!! 
Call it Vanstreet ore Big change ore Assistbest , Extraction-Elite  :idea: but make the people happy .
so simple ! changes are needed to make good gaming !

Look Monkey Island when the spawn are spreat than the map would be playeble thats my next corr bussiness.  ore is that to lost inputh . :down:
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 16:42:19 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 16:09:00 PM »
In this case also my Border-rock is a border that never would come into Assist becose the lable Border is in it.  In 2.8.5 ther are also diffrent names but the the map was in begin Pipeline but in so many versions.
Also you did make mAAp pipeline  the basic is Pipeline
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 16:40:47 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:43:54 PM »
I agree with that, name it Extraction SE or something. But the original maps themselves, should remain unchanged.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 03:28:49 AM »
the ONE rule that we've tried to stay close to: do not mess with the original maps.
Bitch please, that went out the window when we made all those changes to Hospital. You can't fundamentally change how a map is played and still play the "keep the original maps the same" card. :P It can't be received any worse that that damn railing on WW roof was. lol.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2016, 17:18:31 PM »
Bitch please, that went out the window when we made all those changes to Hospital. You can't fundamentally change how a map is played and still play the "keep the original maps the same" card. :P It can't be received any worse that that damn railing on WW roof was. lol.
I thought bout the ww roof railings while reading your post, then I saw your last words lol.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager