Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Unreal editor moddering questions  (Read 58662 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Unreal editor moddering questions
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 26, 2016, 21:24:12 PM »
In 2.5, you have to type in "mpcheat playerlock 0" or "mpcheat class sf" to unlock yourself in offline gameplay.
When you're offline, you're not in MultiPlayer and don't need to use MultiPlayer Cheats (mpcheat).
Just use
Code: [Select]
class sfand you're good to go.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 26, 2016, 22:14:43 PM »
When you're offline, you're not in MultiPlayer and don't need to use MultiPlayer Cheats (mpcheat).
Just use
Code: [Select]
class sfand you're good to go.

I've run into issues with that on some commands so I always use mpcheat since it always works :) Either way, you gotta unlock the player's movement in maps offline.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 03:42:53 AM »
Works Fine THX .  MPcheat class sf I am running trow it now :)
On Facebook is old I am change more :)  :P :up:

1- More questions is it possible to copy all in buildings in game becose like we know the green selected stuff is ok but the buildings with lines not.
2- Is it interesting to bring this Unreal ed under the people so they just like in 2.8.5 bring maps online now we still have admins that can help a bit !  ore people that understand this game moddering better than me so we can help each other.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 06:13:30 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 07:38:41 AM »
Changes are a stairs you see to go on extra  roof from were you also can go down on the left site and extra target places / A truck lost his cargo in the middle of street / and you can`tt see it but right site other roof I placed little closed vence to hide and you can go farther on roof./ 3 hummers on the back.   Spawn point are like I did say befor. 
Sorry picture is not realy good

Question : I did make a lot hanging green on terras but it dissepeard after I did make more green ore a water tomb to lead the green to, also some tables and plants and closed do dissepear to fast form a certain distance but to fast  one other table and plants did stay that was also in same airia. ??

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, August 27, 2016, 13:17:09 PM »
Vanoke, you're not building maps after you edit them. You need to go to Build then Build All to finalize them before putting them out.

Things may disappear when using the 2.4.1 editor because you're using packages that don't exist in 2.5. You need to make sure your assets (meshes, textures, sounds) only come from files that exist in 2.5.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 28, 2016, 03:13:59 AM »
I've run into issues with that on some commands so I always use mpcheat since it always works :) Either way, you gotta unlock the player's movement in maps offline.
I've personally never had any issues with offline commands, ever... They've always worked offline.

PS.
Sorry for the off topic :)

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 28, 2016, 05:36:39 AM »
Vanoke, you're not building maps after you edit them. You need to go to Build then Build All to finalize them before putting them out.

Things may disappear when using the 2.4.1 editor because you're using packages that don't exist in 2.5. You need to make sure your assets (meshes, textures, sounds) only come from files that exist in 2.5.
I did Build the map like you say and ther were som notes that needed to change. Fun part was on the normal sfextraction from assist ther were mostly the same misscackes . I did change the APG misstack that was the obj in the Bus that was to close to ?? but its now away. A lot other misstacks are that I think are  spawn`s are to close to each other but that's a bug its sees the assault and defence in rotating as a fould but it issend.
I am only jusing stuf that comes out of all 2.5 maps so not out 2.8.5  :up:

I will try to finisch it like It was becose you say it 2.4 armyops and not see all ,hope it will in assist later.

QUESTION : I need to builtin a ladder aganst the wall and I did in the past I copy all lines and errows and ladder but still it was not possible to go up ????

:rtfm: Ther is a map on 2.8.5 facebook spanky  this is final all check out and build in my opinion go for it . 08-28-2016  :up:
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 28, 2016, 08:49:16 AM by Vanoke »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 15:12:24 PM »
Did assist already lookt to the modd. SFextraction_se . do you have it spanky if you like to modd also a bit B.M.Gast if its good for the game ! :)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, September 04, 2016, 17:38:56 PM »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 03:10:26 AM »
Let me get this straight - what do you want from us? You want us to release your new map?

You need to understand that we can't just release any map that someone makes, there needs to be some testing.
We would need to test the map for both team balance as well as general bugs.
However, we don't currently have the people to do that generally.

It is, of course, possible for us admins (and/or RM) to have a look, but to be honest, I personally don't have time for that, I'm sorry.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #40 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 03:48:46 AM »
So why dont you allow some trustworthy guy test it for them selves? Harley Jazz scrap etc?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #41 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 13:18:56 PM »
As for me, I have maybe 3 hours combined playtime on Border and Extraction, I wouldn't know what changes you made unless I compare the maps side by side. I also know that even before I look at it, your skill level needs to come up a fair amount before these changes would be considered worthwhile to put in Assist. You were asking how to make a ladder work, that's one of the simpler things and there's tutorials out there for it. I really hate to put you down Vanoke because your attitude and enthusiasm is great but like many of us, it's too little too late. There's hardly any people playing the maps as-is. It's not a lack of good maps, it's a lack of players to shoot at.

Also, the language barrier and time zone differences make it difficult to help you out.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 14:46:23 PM »
So why dont you allow some trustworthy guy test it for them selves? Harley Jazz scrap etc?
As long as the custom map doesnt use any game asset that isn't available from the 2.5 version that comes with the assist, anyone can run a server for it on their own, and test it through.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 14:53:18 PM »
Assist team : ??????
1 minut  / Facebook : America`s Army 2.8.5  downlode only the map SFExtraction_SE
15 sec  /        Puth it in your directory map open  Armyops.exe
15 sec  /        In admin consul type open sfextraction_se  press enter
1 / 2  minut   Game opens type mpcheat class sf  than  mpcheat ghost to see all it takes << 
15 sec           Look above for the spawn points in picture this game setting is better I think its understandable
                      way !
                    around 3 minuts and 15 sec   of your live ( no time ??? )  What time !
Spanky : Its not to late If it was for only a year ore 6 months I would bring it out. How many time is it to uplode this for Eliz to the people 5 minuts ?
Ther would be more players when ther were more little changes ones and than in maps also spawnpoints  can help.
I also did see a change that killaman  did in his  city_block that map was good in old style but after change ther was no exiting in that map that builing that he did take out was the gameplay of that map for now bring this back , ( I did play that map and now not anymore )  .
People ask for no rockets in Hospital and yes its better off whitout this weapon make it a SPR ore V
I say this becose not all changes are good and the people did say it was bad changeSo if you see this SFExtraction_SE  than its up to the people not Assist becose they don`t play this anymore if you understand what I mean with realy play this game.

In this case you can also gif this gameplay to the people that realy stil like this game if its possible, so they can work on it  to make it a bit more fresh and playable for the less players that also need changes.
Ore ther must be an active team that has the permission to work on this changes  (like I did ask for moddering in forum to try to make a bit fun for all gamers in new event Delta & Alpha ) and even that is difficult to do I am  waiting for that now around 2 weeks.
Assist needs a team that still believe in this game and with help make som good changes if possible.
This team is  in a  marital rut. so now this weardo Vanoke did get som fun skills in moddering changed a map in the good way for sure and with a little help and time you guys can make for sure a lot players happy.
Open your arms and see this in the good way of AA ARMY lovers , if not spank me in the game  Mpcheat spank.
« Last Edit: Monday, September 05, 2016, 15:05:35 PM by Vanoke »

Offline ronski

« Reply #44 on: Monday, September 05, 2016, 16:16:19 PM »
Assist team : ??????
1 minut  / Facebook : America`s Army 2.8.5  downlode only the map SFExtraction_SE
15 sec  /        Puth it in your directory map open  Armyops.exe
15 sec  /        In admin consul type open sfextraction_se  press enter
1 / 2  minut   Game opens type mpcheat class sf  than  mpcheat ghost to see all it takes << 
15 sec           Look above for the spawn points in picture this game setting is better I think its understandable
                      way !
                    around 3 minuts and 15 sec   of your live ( no time ??? )  What time !
Spanky : Its not to late If it was for only a year ore 6 months I would bring it out. How many time is it to uplode this for Eliz to the people 5 minuts ?
Ther would be more players when ther were more little changes ones and than in maps also spawnpoints  can help.
I also did see a change that killaman  did in his  city_block that map was good in old style but after change ther was no exiting in that map that builing that he did take out was the gameplay of that map for now bring this back , ( I did play that map and now not anymore )  .
People ask for no rockets in Hospital and yes its better off whitout this weapon make it a SPR ore V
I say this becose not all changes are good and the people did say it was bad changeSo if you see this SFExtraction_SE  than its up to the people not Assist becose they don`t play this anymore if you understand what I mean with realy play this game.

In this case you can also gif this gameplay to the people that realy stil like this game if its possible, so they can work on it  to make it a bit more fresh and playable for the less players that also need changes.
Ore ther must be an active team that has the permission to work on this changes  (like I did ask for moddering in forum to try to make a bit fun for all gamers in new event Delta & Alpha ) and even that is difficult to do I am  waiting for that now around 2 weeks.
Assist needs a team that still believe in this game and with help make som good changes if possible.
This team is  in a  marital rut. so now this weardo Vanoke did get som fun skills in moddering changed a map in the good way for sure and with a little help and time you guys can make for sure a lot players happy.
Open your arms and see this in the good way of AA ARMY lovers , if not spank me in the game  Mpcheat spank.
Testing the map takes longer than 3min15sec for sure, and not only ones time - you would need a test group to give it a shot.

As long as the custom map doesnt use any game asset that isn't available from the 2.5 version that comes with the assist, anyone can run a server for it on their own, and test it through.
So if it's 2.5 compatible, could Vanoke set up a LAN server and set the map running over there, share the map as download and share the server IP and other needed information here or at another site for people to join and give it a try?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager