Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Server map variety sucks atm  (Read 11588 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Server map variety sucks atm
« on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 15:43:50 PM »
I don't wanna complain but this is pretty lame at this stage

Let me try to do a summary
We got 74 servers running at the moment
thereof not tracking :

3         AA3 servers
13       maaap servers
2         passworded servers
2         other mod or cheat servers
most gotthard servers don't get tracked (let's say 8 to be fair)
1   of the weapon se servers not tracked as usual

so that's 29 so far
let's add about another 6 that are not working for sure - too lazy to go threw all of them
makes 35
so almost half the server's maps don't get tracked

There are 45 maps that get tracked in assist to my knowledge
there are 24 maps online of which probably 6 don't work

So this is a variety of 18 maps of 45 possible maps

Come on - I am sure more is possible
The only reliable servers to me atm are the Puf servers that work 100 % in my eyes
Nomad servers are gone - swiss servers are gone or is this the same thing
No more dog ass suckers - no more dku or whatever they were called
KK server is gone and so forth

please put up the nomad servers again - gotthard fix up your servers damned whenever i wanna play rummage or river basin etc. nothing works

maybe have something unusual like sandstorm - taiga - water treatment - river village - recon - blizzard - arctic whatever

Let's get this game up and running again
I am sure a lot of people are put off when all they see coming online is bridge hospital and most of all pipeline

Anyway just my little opinion - I am getting a bit bored but I can as well play bridge all my assist life - I know there is a kind of crysis at the moment and player numbers are going down

Maybe let's be a little creative
It's not in my hand cause I don't own any server - just my 2 cents or whatever

Thank you

Lord-of-War  :style:

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 15:50:20 PM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Server map variety sucks atm
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 16:16:58 PM »
 Having a few more servers would help only marginally, most of the players tend to play the same few maps. High server slot count (e.g. 30/32 slots) and servers using the same map or a small rotation list also contribute to the problem.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 16:31:45 PM »
According to the wiki there's 72 maps out of which 70 are tracked. And I would know, I wrote the damn thing :)

I guess what you're talking about "not tracking" is no map stats are saved. That's true for all the AA3 and mAAp maps (31 in total).

Now for the number of servers. Most of the time there's more servers than there are people online. That just doesn't make much sense IMHO. I understand what you mean, you'd like some changes in maps. However, the problem is not the servers but the people running them and the people playing on them.
You see, most humans are creatures of habit. They're used to playing 1 map and they'll continue to do so. It doesn't matter how many other maps there are out there, they will still join Hospital for their 7000th hour.

This kind of concern is valid and nice and it has been raised before.  There have also been events/attempts to try and "fix" this from within the community (Big Clan Day, Big Party After, Mapstravaganza and so on) as well as from Assist (promoting some maps by doubling points on them), however you can see where it has gotten us, unfortunately.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 17:31:44 PM »
yes true - so let's just go on as usual
Pipe - bridge and hospital

I f I was  a noob - which I still am lol - it would put me off - I would think damn is that all 3 maps
why not call it america's pipe or so
I hope you got my point - if not I give up eventually

Regards

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 17:55:14 PM »
every time we try to play other maps some dude crash the servers  :D

that how it is.  :cool:

Offline phuNkiii.ops

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 17:56:36 PM »
Yeah I dont see why people pay for servers that are empty all the time, unless they run them from home idk.. And some maps are indeed overplayed but most people just get used to map(learn spots etc.) so they dont want to move to unknown maps cause theyre scared of failing..  There should be auto rotation with like !skip function if majority voted to skip map

And plus we have to deal with the retard ddoser.. Idk why people even play there, guess giving someone power hungry admin is enough for them to idle the server  :up:

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:01:07 PM »
F.U.N guys are rotating maps quite often, so does Nexus overseas and even wAa rotates maps every now and then. We liked to rotate maps a lot as well, the problem is described quite well above, people tend to play those four maps only.

Nowadays any map should be good enough as long as servers are up. That's how I spent my previous minutes with this game, 28 long ass minutes at Bridge until it crashed.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:10:27 PM »
a non tracked cheat crap server come on who plays on that - so and so friends that's the biggest bs server ever - maybe a vegeta plays on there noone else lol

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:15:52 PM by Lord-of-War »

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:22:50 PM »
If you feel that the rest of gotthard servers should get tracking on at Battletracker you can register them by yourself, like we registered those few that were populated in the past. I guess no one will get mad if they get registered, I think they all used to be registered back in the days, but maybe their IP changed so Battletracker wasn't able to recognise them anymore.

To register a server to BT, log in to Battletracker, go to your settings, pick maintenance tab and choose register a server ( didn't check from bt, just trying to remember the path, that should be close ). Ip and first port you can check straight from Assist server list, the second port is just one digit higher, so it's first port + 1

Mia Cop

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:26:25 PM »
every time we try to play other maps some dude crash the servers  :D

that how it is.  :cool:

Maybe is a woman behind all this attacks.. :-D

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:28:40 PM »
i did try that today ron whit no luck.

Offline ronski

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:33:22 PM »
i did try that today ron whit no luck.
Registering a server or playing Bridge lol

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:37:54 PM »
lol the reg thing i did it they are all tracking now  :D

Offline ronski

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 18:42:36 PM »
lol the reg thing i did it they are all tracking now  :D
Hehe gj :)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 21, 2016, 23:34:46 PM »
Just to throw this out there; our provider Nick with Vortex Servers mentioned he might host a server for every single map.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager