Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Making MK 12 (B) shoot more rapid  (Read 14296 times)

Offline hitman

Making MK 12 (B) shoot more rapid
« on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 12:16:19 PM »
Hey,

Would it be easy to hack the armyops to remove the limitation on MK 12 (B slot) that prevents rapid fire? And make it the official distribution.

I think this limitation makes the weapon far less useful or desireable, that's why rarely someone prefers it to M4A1 (C slot). Think it would be fun to have a desireable DMR in game.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Making MK 12 (B) shoot more rapid
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 17:17:09 PM »
The SPR used for the 18B slot is a marksman rifle not a spray and pray kind of deal.

The limitation stays.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline hitman

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 19:54:34 PM »
I don't mean to make it Auto, just to reduce the pause time, to make it a little more realistic, in reality you could press the trigger at least 3 times a second, currently it's more like 3 times per 2 seconds. So cutting the pause in half would suffice. It still has some recoil so it shouldn't make it like auto. This somehow always frustrated me, because in the end it's almost the same gun as M4, just little modified, shoots same ammo though.

So it's actually possible to hack the core? You have the source code?

The SPR used for the 18B slot is a marksman rifle not a spray and pray kind of deal.

The limitation stays.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 05:26:58 AM »
The limitation is in place to limit people from using macros in order to use it as an automatic weapon.
I'm fairly certain this limit was drastically increased by 25Assist years ago (before I was here) for this very reason.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 25, 2019, 20:51:28 PM »
If I remember right, the U.S. Army was looking for a door breacher for the game, and started development with the gfx  and sound fx  for the "M870" shotgun with 7 12 guage rounds added to "B" class, an SPR damage clone before deciding on the explosives.  They didn't finish the damage and effects modeling of the 12 gauge round and was never officially used in the game but was left in the inventory and can be accessed by unreal script in 2.5
« Last Edit: Friday, October 25, 2019, 22:04:07 PM by 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad »

Offline hitman

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, October 26, 2019, 14:18:35 PM »
huh, interesting, how do you know all this?

If I remember right, the U.S. Army was looking for a door breacher for the game, and started development with the gfx  and sound fx  for the "M870" shotgun with 7 12 guage rounds added to "B" class, an SPR damage clone before deciding on the explosives.  They didn't finish the damage and effects modeling of the 12 gauge round and was never officially used in the game but was left in the inventory and can be accessed by unreal script in 2.5

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager