Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Don't show amount of players on frontpage?  (Read 4618 times)

Offline The Mentalist

Don't show amount of players on frontpage?
« on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:09:25 PM »
I haven't seen 100+ players in weeks. Maybe it's best not to show that there are only a few people playing on the FrontPage. Maybe only show it to registered members, but don't show it to random visitors. They will think that the game is dead. Just an idea.

Offline Ganja

Re: Don't show amount of players on frontpage?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:18:42 PM »
I haven't seen 100+ players in weeks. Maybe it's best not to show that there are only a few people playing on the FrontPage. Maybe only show it to registered members, but don't show it to random visitors. They will think that the game is dead. Just an idea.

But they will find out by themselves anyway? It's just going to be more time wasted for them, but for us it doesn't change much does it?

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2015, 19:32:38 PM »
I always see people worried about scaring away new users, but are there really any new users? It's just people who come across Assist who played AA2 for years already right? They shouldn't care if if it's not that active cuz they were already interested when they visited the site. And in that case they should already be aware that this game (like most others) is full of flaming and argument and bullshit.

And like it's already been said countless times, no noobs will want to stay because it's frankly not fun if you're not good. I've played this game on and off for nine years and I still never get kills unless it's a sniper round and I get lucky. I only stay cuz nostalgia, the key factor that any new player lacks.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 01:17:10 AM »
There are new accounts being activated daily. So there are new players trying to play the game.

I don't have the latest statistics, but it is actually only a handful of new accounts that ever get to play a round, unfortunately. Some 30% never play after activation and and alarming 60-70% don't play after the first day.
Most of the complaints are about activity and that the game is difficult to install (there's been steps to make it easier).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 04:12:08 AM »
and remember, winter time is gone and most registred players are going out again to the nature to take others then aa2 :)
i will compare that to aapg - if theres is the same, no worries. if not, huuuuuh :(

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 16, 2015, 15:13:10 PM »
and remember, winter time is gone and most registred players are going out again to the nature to take others then aa2 :)

Lol. It's spring, AA players wipe their eyes, stretches their legs, and come out of shelters to catch their prey (newbies). Make a documentary out of it! xD

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 08:07:02 AM »
yes, i just wanted to let you beleave that its not because of the players which are not going to play this game anymore. now there are only 70-80 players around every evening and it will be more less then the half in 2-3 month.

but sounds much more better because winter time has gone ....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 08:23:24 AM »
yes, i just wanted to let you beleave that its not because of the players which are not going to play this game anymore. now there are only 70-80 players around every evening and it will be more less then the half in 2-3 month.

but sounds much more better because winter time has gone ....

I've seen this happening before, i think. Probably the game needs more advertising, there are still tough steps for new players to come across their first hours of gameplay. 

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #8 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 09:45:02 AM »
I've seen this happening before, i think. Probably the game needs more advertising, there are still tough steps for new players to come across their first hours of gameplay.

That's why I did this:
http://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/please-share-this-'press-release'-to-dutch-gaming-forums-you-are-active-on/

Hoping that more players do the same on forums in their language. But I doubt players will do that.

Offline raw

« Reply #9 on: Friday, April 17, 2015, 16:03:34 PM »
I have to say i respect ur hard working to keeping this game alive...i pretty much gave up.
AA2  2005-2015
AA:PG 2015-

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 04:13:25 AM »
I'll be moving to palm coast flordia very soon . The extreme heat won't keep me away from the love of aa2

I really think some vet players need to chill out on new players and stop harassing new players because there not good enough to there standards. Get tiring hearing them trash talk new account players

Could be another reson why new players don't give aa2 more of a chance

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 07:47:09 AM »
Its spring after a time that the    in game is active, in dark winter times its time to find a girl and thats much more intresting, becose your friend has one to and you can`t run behind the facts , Nature needs more than play with your self and your m8. So its time for preserved   ( to get the girls in your , and romatic. And ACTION    but don`t be afrait AA player has a hooah virus   a soon the spring/summer is over they will come home!.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 07:49:26 AM by Vanoke »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 19, 2015, 08:11:00 AM »
I really think some vet players need to chill out on new players and stop harassing new players because there not good enough to there standards. Get tiring hearing them trash talk new account players

Could be another reson why new players don't give aa2 more of a chance

+100

btw: have fun down there :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager