Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Discord  (Read 13196 times)

Offline Fleeting

Discord
« on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 03:12:13 AM »
im shocked to not see a aao25 discord server up, being its free and 10x better than teamspeak, myself im on three dif game servers, some are small, but some are really really big, and it links with twitch and other social stuff, and yes, it was hard for some long time teamspeak users to accept change, but in the end they all fell in love with discord

(image of my star wars battlefront server)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Discord
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 04:53:50 AM »
I have no idea what you're talking about (and don't care to google during work hours). Could you elaborate? What is this discord?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »
Errr, google during work is bad, but aao25.com is ok?
it is if you work at yahoo.com lol

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »
In what sense is it better ? All I'm asking of teamspeak is be able to talk so I don't see why we should change?

Offline Fleeting

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »
discord is the best voice program built to date, sound pickup is unreal and its 100% free and easy to use, programs like teamspeak will have to change there game to go up vs newer programs like this, cause this is the future, https://discordapp.com/ all your answer can be solved with a simple click to there website which tells you more.

Offline Fleeting

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 12:14:07 PM »
In what sense is it better ? All I'm asking of teamspeak is be able to talk so I don't see why we should change?
teamspeak is old and shitty compare to discord, and i used teamspeak alot myself but this is the future and im a old dude irl and cant ever go back to that crap lol

Offline Ganja

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 12:30:20 PM »
Still haven't given any interesting arguments to why I, as a user, should swap over to your program? What can it offer me more that you think I nee ?

Offline Fleeting

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 19:47:08 PM »
Still haven't given any interesting arguments to why I, as a user, should swap over to your program? What can it offer me more that you think I nee ?
if you're to lazy to visit the site and read the reasons why its better, than its ur fault.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2016, 22:35:10 PM »
How can you call him lazy???  You're the one that started the topic so you should be the one that explains the advantages over TeamSpeak

Shit I know people still using  ventrillo

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 10:40:51 AM »
He doesnt care if you use it. So why should he care to explain it. Its there its free his opinion is its better. Gangas to lazy to look it up hes to lazy to explian why.  Who cares. Next
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 11:22:21 AM »
if you're to lazy to visit the site and read the reasons why its better, than its ur fault.

Couldn't find shit on the site, except that it's free ...

... so is the official assist teamspeak

So it seems neither you or the site has arguments that could affect Assist

Offline halko

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 11:29:20 AM »
Couldn't find shit on the site, except that it's free ...

... so is the official assist teamspeak

So it seems neither you or the site has arguments that could affect Assist
It's all in the front page and u seriously missed it?

Seems cool program. My brother told me about it last week but haven't tested it yet. https://discordapp.com/

Offline Ganja

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 11:46:04 AM »
It's all in the front page and u seriously missed it?

Seems cool program. My brother told me about it last week but haven't tested it yet. https://discordapp.com/

It's time to ditch Skype and TeamSpeak. Discord is here.
All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that’s free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.
You'll never go back.

-Voice chat (teamspeak too)
- Free (teamspeak too)
- Works on phone (I can't play AA on phone so why would I need it)
- Secure (there's only really pathetic people that try to abuse teamspeaks, wich happens once every 3 years or something)

Tell me what info I missed because I think I am turning blind

Offline halko

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 11:58:53 AM »
So you did read it and still had to start bitching here?

This, I believe could interest you.
-Low Latency
-Minimal CPU Usage

Aren't you playing with laptop? If it really does use less cpu it would only be better for laptop users. I believe I won't notice difference hence my comp is powerfull enough to max out all almost in every game. That Low latency on the other hand could be something since I have only wireless internet that I use gaming.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:04:37 PM »
So you did read it and still had to start bitching here?

This, I believe could interest you.
-Low Latency
-Minimal CPU Usage

Aren't you playing with laptop? If it really does use less cpu it would only be better for laptop users. I believe I won't notice difference hence my comp is powerfull enough to max out all almost in every game. That Low latency on the other hand could be something since I have only wireless internet that I use gaming.

Well I wasn't quite bitching. I was just pointing out that if you come here with a suggestion like this, it's always more convincing if you give valuable arguments like you just did.

You have to assume the readers are lazy like me and won't search by thereselves, since by default people don't like change.

Now that you've posted what you did (which I didn't find on the front page for some reason) I am willing to go over there and check it out because like you said it could be interesting to me.

It's not by reacting like "I dont care if you're too lazy to look it up" that you'll convince anyone ...

Edit: And by revisiting the site more carefully I realize you can scroll down that main page, and it does look cool indeed !
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:08:44 PM by Ganja »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager