Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Discord  (Read 13194 times)

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
Re: Discord
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:23:52 PM »
Wow Ganja  never saw it, saw he . Make up your mind. You where bitching the guy was correct. If you dont want it dont use it. Dry your eyes and move on. Stop bitching you were called out correctly. He has nio interest in convincing anyone least of all the bitchers. If you dont like change dont change. How simples that?
We alrady covered he doesnt want to convince anyone now its espiecially you.
Now hes explianed your willing . You did already you told us. Stop lying.
Wow that page even has a scroll down Lol hilarious. A scrol down. So funny.

So they Guy was right and you nearly missed it with your stupid attitude. Stop being so sinicle, show a little maturity. Theres a good chap.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life

Offline Ganja

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:32:12 PM »
Whatever you say Vegeta, I won't make the mistake of arguing with you again, everybody knows how that ends up ...

... drama & spam section
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:35:12 PM by Ganja »

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
Ahh maturity in full flight thank you.
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny

Offline ronski

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:18:26 PM »
I must admit that Halkos arguments got me interested, going to visit the site when I get home.

Mac version of TS3 has sometimes extremely high CPU usage and voice detection seems to be a bit buggy no matter which connection type your headset is using

Offline halko

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 13:55:30 PM »
I instantly thought u guys. We could perhaps replace our frigging annoying whatsup group by Discord app if that's possible. :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 18:16:16 PM »
Some people I know claims its like Ts+Skype+WhatsApp . It also seems like it a better quality voice rendition. And it also has android and bitten apple apps. All of that for free.

Disclaimer: I have never used it (because, well, the Mic I have doesnt fit nicely along with the hat I got, have a look at the profile pic x) ).
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2016, 18:19:04 PM by Koden »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 01:47:11 AM »
By the way, there's a TS app for android as well. Works decent enough, I've used it.

The "low latency" won't do much against the wireless connection, it's the connection that's slow not the applications using it. Besides, I haven't experienced a considerable delay on TS. Hell, even TS servers from different continents are totally usable, perhaps not for competition, but for regular matches for sure.

It might be that it uses less CPU and that would be great for some people I suppose.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 03:07:46 AM »
I created first server for test use, haven't talked there with anyone yet though. My interest is to get all players using same application and same server in order to get community more closer to each other. With quick test it seems that with this app you can't have same kind of hierarchy as we have now in ts.aao25.com. Here you can have main channel groups in similar way but you can't categorise your channels same way.

For example in ts you can have:
Code: [Select]
- Category
-- Clan Name 1
---- Main Channel Of One Clan 1
---- Password Protected Clan 1 Scrim Channel 1
---- Password Protected Clan 1 Scrim Channel 2
-- Clan Name 2
---- Main Channel Of One Clan 2
---- Password Protected Clan 2 Scrim Channel 1
---- Password Protected Clan 2 Scrim Channel 2

there at Discord all would be on same line an you can't categorise them, like:
Code: [Select]
- Clan Name 1
- Main Channel Of One Clan 1
- Clan 1 Scrim Channel 1
- Clan 1 Scrim Channel 2
- Clan Name 2
- Main Channel Of One Clan 2
- Clan 2 Scrim Channel 1
- Clan 2 Scrim Channel 2

I can't find option to add password for one voice channel, but there is a possibility of adding privileges for users. So basically it does the same, but there is a difference; you can give password easily to your friend so he can join the channel, but to give privileges you need to have privileges, it needs always someone who has more privileges to be online in order to add new players to one channel.

What comes to CPU usage, with quick preview there is already a difference while Im muted in both of these, TS uses my CPU at this point 5,9% while Discord is using 0,7%. CPU usage will grow for sure when there are people online talking with each other. Another app to compare: Im on Skype call atm and CPU usage is 8%.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 03:27:26 AM »
Now that's some actual proper information! Thanks! :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »
I recomend Discord team speak, was some good information. Its just what you will or wont do with that . That produces results. Some have already produced good results. And some never.

Offline ronski

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 10:03:03 AM »
Now we have tested it a bit more and it's actually quite awesome. Actually password protection is not a issue, since this is all about playing with roles. I set for our use roles like: Admin, Member, Scrim. So our own members are either Admins or Members and those who need access to Scrim channel will get Scrim role.

Biggest minus is that if people are using this instead of TS, is that clans are kind of separate from each other. But on the other hand you can be at numerous servers at the same time, so you can hang out at several Lobbies while you are on voice at your own channel.

Go ahead and give it a try: https://discordapp.com/

We can be found from here: https://discord.gg/0pzo9z60STgC1X8G

Offline SupR3me-

« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 19, 2016, 11:08:12 AM »
So you did read it and still had to start bitching here?

hahaha nice 1 halko, totally agree with u, he always has to bitch about something...
Noting Personal Just Good Business

I have played with him a lot, I will uninstall the game if he cheats, you'll have my word. SupR3me don't get this as a challenge now :D
To clear this out: Supreme has been reported several times, and he has not been found guilty of using cheats/tricks/advantages in-game. Lets not get through easy hackusations.

Offline ronski

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 21, 2016, 07:32:18 AM »
With more testing being done, I can really recommend this app. Start downloading it guys, I have created official server and official scrim server, so we can use this like we're using ts.aao25.com as unity. I'll inform about this later today, Im still setting up roles & stuff and need to be afk right in the middle of work.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager