Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Are you interested to join this event if the schedule works for you?

Hell yeah, we're having a team for this already.
33 (21.4%)
Yep, I would like to join, but have no team.
94 (61%)
Nope, Im not interested at all.
27 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: Wednesday, September 02, 2015, 07:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Scrim cup  (Read 48990 times)

Offline ronski

Scrim cup
« on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 15:16:49 PM »
Anyone interested in taking a part on scrim cup? We are planning to set up a one day scrim cup event on this fall. The idea is to have 8 teams with four players on them, you can gather up and make your own dream teams.

Every team will have 1-3 matches, only winners are moving forward to next match. So it's like quarter-finals, semi-finals and the final. Games will be played at two servers and both servers has an admin keeping an eye on the match. On one match there'll be only one map and both teams plays 6 or 8 rounds on each side, first round will always be the planning round.

Each team will have randomly picked opponent on first round. The event includes seven matches, so admins of the event picks seven maps which are placed randomly on each match. So each map will be played only once.

So the team that wins all three matches will be the glorious winner of that days cup. We'll inform more closer but just to be curious, will we have eight teams playing this? Are you interested in having this kind of event? We're still planning this so a few detail may change but the basic idea is this.

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
Re: Scrim cup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 16:45:05 PM »
Nice idea :style:

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 16:49:41 PM »
I am busy to ask players on my facebook already 3 guy say yes in 1 hour

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 01:18:40 AM »
Nice idea.
I hope you get the required amount of teams :)
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 02:48:37 AM »
I would Play for sure if day & time is fine to me.

like Friday evening 22 GMT or something like that

Greetz

Nap

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 04:33:06 AM »
Thanks guys, we really hope we get enough players to take a part in this. Since BCD is on Sunday evening, might the best day of week for this be Saturday, but we'll see. Seke clan with a few fellows can gather up even four teams for this, if there'll not be teams enough. If this event goes well and people are interested to have more, there'll be some.

Offline ronski

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 04:48:10 AM »
And when the maps have been picked, they'll be informed here. Teams and maps per match will be drawn right before the event, so nobody can get an advantage of it.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:28:51 AM »
I must admit I stopped reading here:

The idea is to have 8 teams with four players on them, you can gather up and make your own dream teams.

You'll get a really hard time gathering 32 players willing to scrim. Hell even 8 players sounds impossible nowadays.

Who knows, maybe I'm mistaken, and I'll gladly participate !

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:32:21 AM »
I must admit I stopped reading here:

You'll get a really hard time gathering 32 players willing to scrim. Hell even 8 players sounds impossible nowadays.

Who knows, maybe I'm mistaken, and I'll gladly participate !

Thats true, but if it's going to be hard, we'll throw 16 guys in.

Edit. I knew you would be in ;)

Offline Galle

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 06:48:07 AM »
If people spread the word we can get to 8 teams but if not then 3vs3 or less teams. Not everyone reads forum so it would be nice that "advertising" would be done in-game also  ;)
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 06:51:20 AM by Galle »
Lasse Kukkonen, is there any better?

Offline Infinity

« Reply #10 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:06:59 AM »
It is a great idea !

I think its best to start a small event rather than a big one since it is the first one.. maybe 4v4 would be too much at this point in time since there aren't a lot of guys playing at the moment (being summer and such).

Some advertisement as galle said is very important so I suggest we spread the word and if possible make a popup on assist.

A date has to be decided well beforehand, let's say like 4 weeks prior so people are informed well enough about the event.

Maps that could be played should also be decided before so that people can actually train on them - it is useless to have a pandora's box where all maps can be used for the scrims.. imo its best to choose a range of maps (let's say 10 maps) and the scrims are based on this range.

Next query is server availability and where the scrims will be played. Will it be a couple of servers where an admin is readily available?

Lastly, the event type..imo knockout type is the best.

Infinity
« Last Edit: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:09:50 AM by dudu »

Offline ronski

« Reply #11 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:22:43 AM »
It is a great idea !

I think its best to start a small event rather than a big one since it is the first one.. maybe 4v4 would be too much at this point in time since there aren't a lot of guys playing at the moment (being summer and such).

Some advertisement as galle said is very important so I suggest we spread the word and if possible make a popup on assist.

A date has to be decided well beforehand, let's say like 4 weeks prior so people are informed well enough about the event.

Maps that could be played should also be decided before so that people can actually train on them - it is useless to have a pandora's box where all maps can be used for the scrims.. imo its best to choose a range of maps (let's say 10 maps) and the scrims are based on this range.

Next query is server availability and where the scrims will be played. Will it be a couple of servers where an admin is readily available?

Lastly, the event type..imo knockout type is the best.

Infinity

It'll be on this fall and the date will be like four weeks ahead from date when the invitation has been published. The invitation includes information of maps that will be used.

Games will be played on two servers at the same time, and there'll be admins on all the time.

Offline Infinity

« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:41:19 AM »
I'm in and ill bring a bunch with me

Offline aao25.com

• View Profile
  • AA: ????
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
have you thought about trying to bring back the AA Draft again?

Offline ronski

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 17:21:42 PM »
have you thought about trying to bring back the AA Draft again?

Since Im such a noob, I dont know what it is :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager