Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Message request on Facebook fail... Sorry Pit :(  (Read 6650 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Message request on Facebook fail... Sorry Pit :(
« on: Monday, January 16, 2017, 19:04:13 PM »
Out at lunch today I saw on my phone I had 2 message requests pop up from Facebook Messenger. One was a customer and the other was in the "filtered" category. Never heard of that, must be their spam category?

Anywho... looks like I'm a bit late in seeing the message. Facebook sucks for this, I had the same thing happen to a customer and I didn't see their message request for months despite having both Facebook and Messenger on my phone. Sorry Pit :(
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Message request on Facebook fail... Sorry Pit :(
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 00:38:49 AM »
Yeah, Facebook has "Message requests" that I hardly ever see the same year.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 06:21:44 AM »
lol!
when you aren't friends, all messages fall into Requests until you read the first message, facebook doesn't notify you about such messages (not me).
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 07:32:11 AM »
lol!
when you aren't friends, all messages fall into Requests until you read the first message, facebook doesn't notify you about such messages (not me).
I think it does actually notify (at least me). The thing is, tho, if you chat through FB more frequently than once a month, you'll be used  to having notifications there. And if one time every 10-100 you don't see anything new from the notification on messages, you just chuck it off as a bug.
I've caught one message notification quite fast in such a manner. All in all the little (1) behind Message Requests really isn't too well visible.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
Out at lunch today I saw on my phone I had 2 message requests pop up from Facebook Messenger. One was a customer and the other was in the "filtered" category. Never heard of that, must be their spam category?

Anywho... looks like I'm a bit late in seeing the message. Facebook sucks for this, I had the same thing happen to a customer and I didn't see their message request for months despite having both Facebook and Messenger on my phone. Sorry Pit :(

awwwww....

I think it does actually notify (at least me). The thing is, tho, if you chat through FB more frequently than once a month, you'll be used  to having notifications there. And if one time every 10-100 you don't see anything new from the notification on messages, you just chuck it off as a bug.
I've caught one message notification quite fast in such a manner. All in all the little (1) behind Message Requests really isn't too well visible.
it does, at least Facebook Messenger the mobile app does, it shows the amount of message requests above all other chats

Offline General_alkos

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 17, 2017, 09:49:54 AM »
Bok!
stupid and bitchy Facebook

p.s.Leave the man alone!(half a year does not play Aa2 anyway).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager