Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Stairs,objectives and framerate at stronghold  (Read 7461 times)

Offline The Mentalist

Stairs,objectives and framerate at stronghold
« on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 17:03:03 PM »
There are a few bugs in stronghold:

- Some of the stairs don't work as they should. It's like the soldier is having troubles gettting up the stairs. On teamspeak, another player comfirmed he had the same problem.
- Objective B didnt work. I tried to take it multiple times from multiple angles, I just couldnt take that weapon cache. On Teamspeak, merlin sad he had the same problem with objective A.
- The framerate is horrible close to the sea. I have a core i7 at 4Ghz and an AMD 290 GPU, I only have about 50fps near the sea, and that's just not possible in such an old game. All I hear on teamspeak was "so much lag", "such low fps", etc...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: Stairs,objectives and framerate at stronghold
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 29, 2015, 17:30:47 PM »
I moved your topic to an even more correct area (the first one wasn't all that much off :) ).

The objective and stairs bugs I can't comment on at this point.

However, regarding the FPS.
You wouldn't imagine how bad this map was performance wise when it was first ported. There has been A LOT of work put into making the fps on this map as low as it can be.
What you've got to understand is that this map isn't really designed for this engine. And this engine is old as hell so it doesn't work well with all the newer stuff.
For instance, AA only uses 1 core. It just wasn't built for multicore PCs.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 13:07:57 PM »
I moved your topic to an even more correct area (the first one wasn't all that much off :) ).

The objective and stairs bugs I can't comment on at this point.

However, regarding the FPS.
You wouldn't imagine how bad this map was performance wise when it was first ported. There has been A LOT of work put into making the fps on this map as low as it can be.
What you've got to understand is that this map isn't really designed for this engine. And this engine is old as hell so it doesn't work well with all the newer stuff.
For instance, AA only uses 1 core. It just wasn't built for multicore PCs.

But isnt it possible to reduce the amount of details here and there. I'm only getting 50fps, what about people with slower CPU's and GPU's, it must be a slideshow :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 30, 2015, 14:11:38 PM »
But isnt it possible to reduce the amount of details here and there. I'm only getting 50fps, what about people with slower CPU's and GPU's, it must be a slideshow :)
A LOT of the details have already been removed. There used to be a lot more trees for example.
I believe you removed more it would look to plain.

But then again, I'm not really a maping expert.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 05, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
Played stronghold again today. The objectives DO NOT WORK. Can someone please take a look and fix it? The map is to big for deathmatch. Objectives are needed to pinpoint eachothers location.

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 06, 2015, 15:31:40 PM »
So this map becomes another deathmatch map?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager